topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:08 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022  (Read 1198660 times)

Chessnia

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • CHESSNIA
    • Donate to Member
Wow! I'm impressed!  :Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.8.7 Beta - Sep 19, 2014
« Reply #476 on: September 20, 2014, 10:02 AM »
v4.8.7 Beta - September 20, 2014
  • [BugFix] Red box was flickering in object selection mode.
  • [Feature] Added commandline option to change save file format.
  • [Feature] Added tools menu to SC system tray menu.
  • [Feature] You can now use cursor (arrow) keys to adjust cursor location during shift+PrtScr selected region capture.
  • [BugFix] DPI was sometimes not set properly if SC was set to not save image automatically.
  • [MinorFeature] Added Up/Down keys to scrolling capture methods.
  • [MinorFeature] Better instructions for manual scrolling captures.
  • [Feature] Made it easier to abort scrolling and other capture operations (tray menu changes to display a cancel operation item).
  • [BugFix] It was possible to restore main SC window and then minimize it during scrolling capture, rendering all SC windows invisible.
  • [MajorFeature] New action available when dropping an image file onto the current image: Combine images. Let's you easily line up images side by side with automatic scaling.
  • MinorChange] The shortcut for deleting the current screenshot has been changed from Ctrl+Q to Ctrl+Delete.
  • [BugFix] SaveAs was saving .object files even when this option was disabled in options.
  • [MinorFeature] When loading settings, if a corrupt settings file is discovered, a timestamped copy of the last good backup is made so that it will not be overwritten.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #477 on: September 22, 2014, 05:03 PM »
I completely missed the awesome new major feature that is Drop-Combine. Might I recommend an easier to read/parse changelog, something like so:

v4.8.7 Beta - September 20, 2014
  • [MajorFeature] New action available when dropping an image file onto the current image: Combine images. Let's you easily line up images side by side with automatic scaling.
  • [Feature] You can now use cursor (arrow) keys to adjust cursor location during shift+PrtScr selected region capture.
  • [Feature] Made it easier to abort scrolling and other capture operations (tray menu changes to display a cancel operation item).
  • [MinorFeature] When loading settings, if a corrupt settings file is discovered, a timestamped copy of the last good backup is made so that it will not be overwritten.
  • [MinorChange] The shortcut for deleting the current screenshot has been changed from Ctrl+Q to Ctrl+Delete.
  • [BugFix] DPI was sometimes not set properly if SC was set to not save image automatically.
  • [BugFix] It was possible to restore main SC window and then minimize it during scrolling capture, rendering all SC windows invisible.
  • [BugFix] SaveAs was saving .object files even when this option was disabled in options.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #478 on: September 22, 2014, 07:51 PM »
yes, good idea i will do so.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.8.8 Beta - Sep 29, 2014
« Reply #479 on: September 29, 2014, 12:57 PM »
New beta uploaded.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.8.8 Beta - Sep 30, 2014
« Reply #480 on: September 30, 2014, 01:33 PM »
Added some feature improvements to the region capture mode:

v4.8.8 - September 30, 2014
  • [Feature] When SC encounters an image file of a different format than the extension indicates, it is still loaded but a warning is shown.
  • [Feature] When SC encounters an error loading an image file, it reports the error and clears the current image selection.
  • [Feature] Select-region capture can now be performed in additional ways; you can use enter key to start and end capture regions (space bar resets initial position; cursor keys nudge; C toggles cursor; Z toggles zoom); quick single mouse click can also now mark start and end positions instead of holding and dragging.
  • [Feature] By default SC now checks if a capture is all white or all black, and reports the probable cause (interference from a Security App); see Tweaks option tab to turn this off.
  • [MinorFeature] You can now set a Screenshot directory that SC will always start with even if you changed directories on last run.
  • [MinorFeature] You can now use cursor (arrow) keys to adjust cursor location during shift+PrtScr selected region capture.
  • [MinorFeature] Better handling of canceled dropped file.
  • [MinorFeature] The warning about resizing images with objects can now be disabled.
  • [MinorFeature] Changed upload menu icon.
  • [MinorFeature] 'C' key in region-select mode can now be used to toggle off the display/capture of cursor.
  • [BugFix] If using post-capture dialog after captures, and "stay hidden" option is chosen, main window was sometimes restoring if it was showing before capture was initiated.
  • [BugFix] Nudging selection with arrow keys in region-select mode had an annoying delay/stutter.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:13 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've re-uploaded a new version of 4.8.8 -- I'd appreciate if I could get as many beta testers using it (and reporting if everything works) as possible before I release it as a non-beta.

Thanks!

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've re-uploaded a new version of 4.8.8 -- I'd appreciate if I could get as many beta testers using it (and reporting if everything works) as possible before I release it as a non-beta.

Thanks!

were there (important) changes?
I installed it about 6 hours ago - how do I know if I have the most recent version if they using the same number?
Or am I misunderstanding :D
TIA
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
6 hours ago is fine -- my last upload was 24 hours ago.

The most recent changes were:
  • [Feature] When SC encounters an image file of a different format than the extension indicates, it is still loaded but a warning is shown.
  • [Feature] When SC encounters an error loading an image file, it reports the error and clears the current image selection.
  • [Feature] Select-region capture can now be performed in additional ways; you can use enter key to start and end capture regions (space bar resets initial position; cursor keys nudge; C toggles cursor; Z toggles zoom); quick single mouse click can also now mark start and end positions instead of holding and dragging.
  • [Feature] By default SC now checks if a capture is all white or all black, and reports the probable cause (interference from a Security App); see Tweaks option tab to turn this off.
  • [BugFix] If using post-capture dialog after captures, and "stay hidden" option is chosen, main window was sometimes restoring if it was showing before capture was initiated.
  • [BugFix] Nudging selection with arrow keys in region-select mode had an annoying delay/stutter.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
So, one of the things in the new version is, it will (unless the option is disabled), check each newly captured image to see if it is all one solid color, and if so, it will display an error and suggest that the user may have a security program blocking Screenshot Captor from capturing images.

This was added because of the recent trend of security apps blocking screenshot taking without telling the user what is going on.  The check for a solid color capture seems to take place fast enough that it's not noticeable (milliseconds), so it shouldn't be a concern (though it can be disabled from options).

hubi

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Upgraded over the my existing 4.8.8beta and found two bugs

1) Minor - Captured a selected region, it displayed a dialog reporting the region was not solid. Clicked OK & the image was captured OK.

2) Major - Captured active window and it seemed to "lock up" i.e. the task bar icon changed to red and then would not respond. It did capture the image correctly.

Notes
a) I have the Print Screen key set to capture selected region & used the mouse. Shift/Print Screen captures active window.

b) Killed the ScreenshotCaptor program, installed the previous beta over the top and all seems fine. Had been using the previous beta with no issues.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Oops!
I left in a debug message when the capture wasn't found to be solid -- i think thatt must be causing the problems.
Can you try to redownload again and see if i've fixed the bugs?

hubi

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Downloaded and installed new version (which reports itself as 4.8.9) and it has fixed the two issues I reported.

Thanks.

When using beta software I do expect the occasional bug or three.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.9.0 - Oct 8, 2014
« Reply #488 on: October 08, 2014, 02:20 AM »
v4.9.0 is now released as official.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #489 on: October 08, 2014, 05:16 AM »
 :Thmbsup:
love the 'quick mouse click' to start/stop manually selected area :-*
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #490 on: October 08, 2014, 05:22 AM »
Thanks.
For those who don't know what Tomos is referring to: In previous versions of SC, to do a selected region capture, you moved the cursor to the upper left, then left-clicked, and HELD DOWN the left mouse and dragged to the lower right and released.  In the new version you can still do that, but you can also just use a single left-click and release to mark the two corners.  Escape will cancel in either case.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.9.1 - Oct 10, 2014
« Reply #491 on: October 09, 2014, 07:54 PM »
v4.9.1 - October 10, 2014
  • [Feature] You can now control what happens when you hit Ctrl+C (see More Interface Options tab); previously it always did a context-sensitive copy-to-clipboard, copying currently selected region or object if there was one; you can now configure this to always copy whole image to clipboard.
  • [Feature] Copy-to-clipboard menus now show a more informative context-sensitive caption and include an additional item for copying whole image, in addition to copying selected region or object.
  • [Feature] Better copy-to-clipboard behavior.
  • [BugFix] Selected region copy was causing some issues for some users, a Range Check Error [thanks TimB!]
  • [BugFix] When option to auto add caption to printouts is enabled, it was removing any user-created caption at time of printing.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:01 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #492 on: October 10, 2014, 02:00 PM »
If you downloaded 4.9.1 before 2pm forum time 10/10/14, you might want to redownload.

Additionally, I could use some advice about something.  I have added a new option to let user choose how Ctrl+C works.

Screenshot - 10_10_2014 , 1_58_39 PM.png

By default, and in past versions, hitting Ctrl+C had a different effect depending on the context.  If you were working with an image and had nothing selected, it would copy the entire image to the clipboard (as a bitmap).
But if you had a region selected, it would copy just that region to the clipboard; if you had an object selected in object editing mode, it would copy just that object to the clipboard; if you selected a file on the left hand side, it would copy the FILE object to the clipboard.

The new option for Ctrl+C tells it to always copy the full image to the clipboard no matter what context.  You can still copy a selected region or object by using the Edit menu (or Clipboard toolbar button).

SO.. my question is, should i make the new option for control+C (always copy full image) the DEFAULT?  I know a few people have posted before about being confused at Ctrl+C behavior, so this might be the least confusing option.

Thoughts?

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #493 on: October 10, 2014, 05:31 PM »
On a related note...how does the idea of provided some kind of feedback indicating (via text of some sort -- e.g. some delayed balloon with text) what kind of a copy happened and how it might be changed?  With the ability to turn this off easily ofc :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #494 on: October 10, 2014, 06:31 PM »
Not a bad idea -- though I will note it already does something like this -- it shows on the statusbar what kind of copy has just been performed.

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #495 on: October 10, 2014, 09:17 PM »
Ah, didn't know -- now I know to look :)

Personal preference is that Ctrl+C behaves as before (context-dependent), FWIW.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #496 on: October 13, 2014, 01:52 AM »
Mouser, can you also update the .dcupdate file on the website so a Check for Updates action from SSC 4.9.0 provides the opportunity to update to this latest (4.9.1) version?

And besides that, the download speed for SSC is horrendously slow, ~30 kB/sec, and that's not something I saw happening before from the DC servers...

hubi

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #497 on: October 13, 2014, 02:10 AM »
And besides that, the download speed for SSC is horrendously slow, ~30 kB/sec, and that's not something I saw happening before from the DC servers...

Download speed is fine for me. Shared ADSL2 connection in Australia, around 45 seconds = 190kB/s which is nothing fantastic but means slow download speed may specific to your connection or PC.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #498 on: October 13, 2014, 02:44 AM »
I had it yesterday from my home connection, and now at work which is a totally different provider, though in the same country :tellme:

xcopy

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #499 on: October 13, 2014, 04:44 AM »
SO.. my question is, should i make the new option for control+C (always copy full image) the DEFAULT?  I know a few people have posted before about being confused at Ctrl+C behavior, so this might be the least confusing option.
I'd vote for default!
I could never be sure about what would be copied to the clipboard and so I hit 'save' and 'unselect' a couple of times and then used the menu for the copy command. Thanks for this option  :Thmbsup: