topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:49 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019  (Read 465908 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
If you just paste through CHS without using template, does it paste with proper newlines or the \n problem?

forgive me for belaboring these questions it's just im staring at the code and i am having a hell of a time seeing how the template pasting is changing newlines when normal pasting isn't, so i have to make sure we are really comparing apples to apples and i need to make sure you aren't just seeing that Ctrl+V works but template paste doesn't.

can you make sure that even if the item is say the 3rd one down in your ctrl+alt+q quick paste menu, that the newlines paste properly if you trigger the pasting of item 3 from the quick paste menu (by hitting ctrl+alt+q and then hitting 3) but fails if you trigger it from the menu asking to paste via template?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ok wait, stop the presses.

I see now your template has both %ExcerptText% and %CllipText% in it.
And you may be seeing that %ClipText% is fine and has the proper newlines.
And that it is only the EXCERPT that has the \n in it.

If *that* is what you are saying (or seeing), then that is by design.  The excerpt is meant to be a short one line thing.  %ClipText% is the actual text of the clip properly formatted with newlines.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
can you make sure that even if the item is say the 3rd one down in your ctrl+alt+q quick paste menu, that the newlines paste properly if you trigger the pasting of item 3 from the quick paste menu (by hitting ctrl+alt+q and then hitting 3) but fails if you trigger it from the menu asking to paste via template?
I used the 8th one down because that was a Web clip, whereas the more recent ones were text editor.  Yes, Ctrl+Alt+Q, 8, pastes normally; but Ctrl+Alt+Q, cursor to 8, Shift+Click, choose my template, pastes with \n.  But I've just realised something I should have seen before - this only happens with the title line.  That is, normal paste gives this:

Benjamin Black

A pseudonym used by
John Banville
Search Authors

Search Books

About Benjamin Black

But using my template gives this:
Benjamin Black\n\nA pseudonym used by\nJohn Banville\nSearch Authors\n\nSearch Books\n\n \nAbout Ben

URL: http://www.fantastic...uk/b/benjamin-black/
[ Web site visited 2013-08-29 ]

Benjamin Black

A pseudonym used by
John Banville
Search Authors

Search Books

About Benjamin Black

(this is part of the FantasticFiction record at http://www.fantastic...uk/b/benjamin-black/)

The rest of the text pastes normally.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ok so that now makes sense. The %ClipText% is replacing with the full text and proper newlines.  The %ClipExcerpt% is abbreviated version all on one line with \n where the newlines would otherwise be.

That is by design.  It seems like what you want is to simply remove the %ClipExcerpt% line from your template!

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I see now your template has both %ExcerptText% and %CllipText% in it.
And you may be seeing that %ClipText% is fine and has the proper newlines.
And that it is only the EXCERPT that has the \n in it.

If *that* is what you are saying (or seeing), then that is by design.  The excerpt is meant to be a short one line thing.  %ClipText% is the actual text of the clip properly formatted with newlines.
Yes, that does seem to be what I'm seeing.  It looks like I'd better replace %ExcerptText% with %WindowTitle% as being closer to what I wanted.  What I was trying for was the first line of the clip without the app title, to be used as the heading for what gets pasted.

I presume that's why I'm seeing \n and \t in the popups, because they're excerpts?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I presume that's why I'm seeing \n and \t in the popups, because they're excerpts?
yes.  well and the menu captions are only intended to be one line long.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
the menu captions are only intended to be one line long.
End of non-bug report  :-[

dcwul62

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
first post updated with link to beta, both portable and installer.
@mouser - about 'merge+MRU based combo box': wonderful! also nice the last setting 'sticks' for the next merge.
as always - t h a n k s!
=

dcwul62

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.23.01 - Nov 22, 2013
« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2013, 04:32 AM »
hi mouser

//
2.20.01 Beta - Aug 26, 2013
   [Improvement] Installer now offers to install desktop icon.
//

You also have a .ico file for the portable version?

=
Clipboard Help and Spell-Portable-desktop icon-28082013 083455.pngCLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019
=

With me the desktop button looks like there is no ico or program attached.

When selecting 'Properties' the right picture is displayed though.
When I wish to add and icon to the desktop link, and selecting other icon,
the CHS picture/ico does stick, i.e. nothing changes.

If you donot of have separate .ico  - forget it, nothing special, it's only 'a nice to have'  :)

keep up the good work!

===
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 04:45 AM by dcwul62 »

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #184 on: September 08, 2013, 04:58 PM »
mouser,

CHS has a template macro %Title%.  ClipMate has a template macro #TITLE#.  The two are completely different, viz.:

CHS:
Firefox [firefox.exe]

URL: http://www.horstmuc.de/win.htm
[ Web site visited 2013-09-08 ]

Horst Schaeffer's Software Pages

ClipMate:
Horst Schaeffer's Software Pages MemPad PopSel Qsel Reminder

http://www.horstmuc.de/win.htm

[ Web site visited 08/09/2013, 22:45:15 ]

Slight difference in formatting, but the point I want to make is that %Title% doesn't mean what the average non-coder end-user thinks it means.  What I want is more what ClipMate does, at least where possible with Web clips: the title as defined in the page's HTML, <TITLE>Horst Schaeffer's Software Pages</TITLE> for the above example.  Or, the first line of text for other clips.  %Title% giving the name of the application clipped from isn't what most of us would expect.  If you coders still need it, please can there be a new macro for page/clip title?  Maybe that's the equivalent of %ExcerptText% but with plain-pasting, not escaped newlines and tabs.

Thanks...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #185 on: September 08, 2013, 05:12 PM »
Good points.

In CHS the title field is actually configurable by the user.  As you might have gotten used to by now, i have referred to it somewhat inconsistently.  In the options on the Clipboard tab it the "Clip Naming Template".  I should change that to Clip TITLE template.

As for grabbing the web page title, I guess in CHS this is captured as the Window Title.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #186 on: September 11, 2013, 03:32 PM »
The drawback with %WindowTitle% is that it includes the name of the application clipped from, which, when gathering information from the web or desktop applications, has to be edited out.  However, I suppose there's no way to avoid at least some editing and one could probably semi-automate some of it by using CHS's other functions or third-party tools, though then it's two clip actions rather than just one.

dcwul62

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@mouser v.2.20.01 
With me, check for updates - nothing seems to happen.
Maybe because with beta's this may not make sense(?), maybe the link to the latest version is broken, I don't know.
Leave this to you. Would expect CHS to at least 'tell me' that I am running the latest version. Agree?
=

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It will not report to you when there is a new beta.
This is by design so that most people only get the stable non-betas.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Latest beta:

v2.22.02 - Nov 19, 2013
  • [MajorFeature] You can now define quick actions that can be performed on clips.  These can be web url searches or local program executions.  They are shown in the quick-paste popup menu and on the main window text memo toolbar.
  • [MajorFeature] You can now highlight terms in the clip text memo.  By default it will match any filter you are using to limit clips shown but you can override it.  You can also hit F3 to jump to next occurrence of the term when in the text memo window.
  • [MinorFeature] Added icons to clip grid right-click context menu.
  • [MajorFeature] Rewrote clip export procedure.  There are also now some options in Backup tab so you can specify which fields get exported and how to handle newlines.

Screenshot - 11_19_2013 , 12_34_06 AM.png
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:29 AM by mouser »

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Very nice. I had been needing these changes for quite a while. Thankyou very much.    :Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks Iain, glad to hear it's useful.  I'm going to try to fix up a couple more outstanding minor things for CHS and then put out a new official release this week.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Just when I began to wonder if CH+S could get any better... it did! Works very nicely.

I must say that the options panels in CH+S (and others of mouser's programs seem to be growing more difficult to navigate). The demo movies help with that, fortunately.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've uploaded a new version with a rewritten export function.
Once I get some positive beta tester reports that the new functions are working I would like to release this as a new official release.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think you might need to change/check the title of this thread throughout, and related headings, to be consistent with "v2.22.02 - Nov 19, 2013".
It's a bit confuzzling otherwise.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
As soon as I get some more test reports, this will be the next official release.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ok it's official:
v2.23.01 - Nov 22, 2013
  • [MajorFeature] You can now define quick actions that can be performed on clips.  These can be web url searches or local program executions.  They are shown in the quick-paste popup menu and on the main window text memo toolbar.
  • [MajorFeature] You can now highlight terms in the clip text memo.  By default it will match any filter you are using to limit clips shown but you can override it.  You can also hit F3 to jump to next occurrence of the term when in the text memo window.
  • [MinorFeature] Added icons to clip grid right-click context menu.
  • [MajorFeature] Rewrote clip export procedure.  There are also now some options in Backup tab so you can specify which fields get exported and how to handle newlines.  You can also now export only the currently selected clips from the grid right-click menu.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ok it's official:
v2.23.01 - Nov 22, 2013

And very nice, too!

Thank you fro enhancing a long-time favorite!  :up:

michaelkenward

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • Broken monitor
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ClipMate is unarguably an amazing program -- only reason I even look at other things is the size and importability of CM.  It goes so far beyond the call of duty for a clipboard extender, it would probably be better referred to as a data management solution with Clip Board monitoring support ;)

ClipMate also seems to be on its last legs. No updates in quite some time. The Forum is dead – probably to fend off complaints about its lack of development. The developer has gone to earth.

Which is why I am looking for an alternative.  If Clipboard Help+Spell can handle the bits that I use, then I am on board.

But how do I transfer all those bits and pieces from ClipMate? Could take time.
MK

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Now that is an interesting question.

Might be time to add some importing options to CHS.

But let's have that conversation in a new thread.  I've started on here: https://www.donation...ndex.php?topic=36599