topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:27 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Looking for alternative for wallet.  (Read 5166 times)

nite_monkey

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Just Plain Super
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Looking for alternative for wallet.
« on: September 10, 2017, 10:20 AM »
Right now I have a regular bifold leather wallet. It gets the job done, but I just ran across this small Magic the Gathering 30 card deck box ( I think its like a promo box or something.) I don't usually carry cash, just cards. Including my driver's license, I have 12 cards (which admittedly, I don't need some of the cards). I like how small the box is, and it holds all 12 of the cards perfectly, with a little extra room left (if I wanted to carry some cash I suppose.) I can fit it comfortably in the same pocket that I keep my phone in.(Note 8 ), and I can also keep it in the pocket that I keep my wifi hotspot in(a bulky, weather resistant at&t one). I can't do that with my actual wallet, because it is too bulky. The only thing I don't like about this box, is it is made of cardboard, and I'm pretty sure that after one night at work (I'm an overnight stocker at a retail store) the box will most likely be a crushed and beat up. So those of you that are still with me here, what I am looking for is something similar to this small box that is either made of plastic, fabric, or leather (doesn't have to be real leather.) It also doesn't have to be an actual wallet with individual slots for each card. I just want something small that I can keep in my front pocket with my hotspot, so I am no longer sitting on a bulky wallet.
57.jpgLooking for alternative for wallet.
this is what the box looks like, however mine is blue, and has different artwork on it.
[Insert really cool signature here]

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Looking for alternative for wallet.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 11:48 AM »
Interesting question. Can you explain what you need.

I don't understand finally what you need. What is the wallet ?

I see a book.

nite_monkey

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Just Plain Super
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 12:15 PM »
Thats actually not a book, just a bad picture. It was the first picture of the product that I found on the internet. Basically what I am looking for is something about the size of a pack of playing cards, however made out of something stronger than cardboard.
[Insert really cool signature here]

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 01:26 PM »
I've gone in the opposite direction.  After a lifetime of carrying a wallet and no cell phone, I have finally given in to reality and now carry a cell phone instead of a wallet.  I bought a cell phone case that can carry my id and a couple of credit cards, and use a money clip in another pocket for cash.

I miss having my wallet, but practicality demanded the change.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 04:07 PM »
I used to be addicted to getting wallets, to find the perfect one.  Went through quite a few on Kickstarter and elsewhere.  Then, I bought a Dango wallet during the kickstarter.  And nothing else will do now.

https://www.dangopro.../collections/wallets

http://therollinggents.com/dango-wallet/

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 05:22 PM »
or possible [url=https://ezgo-wallets.myshopify.com/collections/ezgo-wallets]ezygo[/quote]?

I don't have one (yet) but I've been looking at them for a while

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 06:20 PM »
or possible ezygo?

I don't have one (yet) but I've been looking at them for a while

I have one.  I migrated away from that because it's too limiting for me, and it started to stretch rather easily, just pulling the cards out of the wallet, and they got to the point where the resistance wasn't enough to keep them in (the EzGo minimalist).

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 09:17 PM »
I guess that's a risk no matter the choice.  FWIW I think the dango looks way to bulky for what it is

and there's always the duct tape option...

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 09:50 PM »
Then, I bought a Dango wallet during the kickstarter.  And nothing else will do now.

Good luck getting through any kind of security with that.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 11:56 PM by Deozaan »

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 11:01 PM »
Then, I bought a Dango wallet during the kickstarter.  And nothing else will do now.

Was thinking the exact same thing  ;D

Here's mine:

f5589cc9-41a6-4f6f-96be-f7f20462148f.gif

I have two, one has the 5 cards that I carry everyday, (DL, 2x Debit, CC, Medicare) plus I can stick a few notes in the slot at the back.
The other has cards like non-reloadable VISA, Public Transport RFID, etc and I don't carry it unless I happen to need the cards in it.

Together they'll fit in a front pocket easily and each is about half the thickness of a deck of cards.

Any loyalty/shop cards were migrated to the banking app on the phone long ago so no need to carry those, (no real need for one of the debit cards either since the phone NFC takes care of that or cash out via cardless at an ATM).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 11:07 PM by 4wd »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 10:08 AM »

Already have several times.  Just take the tool out, and it's compliant.  And I don't use the tool, so no problems on that regard.

And it's definitely less bulky than the ezgo (and many so called minimalist wallets) with the number of cards I have, and just as easy to get to them.  I carry around 3 credit cards, insurance card, license, and HSA card in the front, and 2 medical insurance cards, AAA card, work entry card, amusement park card (which I could do without, but knowing me, I'd forget it when I go), and Costco card in the back.

9 11 17 11 08 AM Office Lens.jpgLooking for alternative for wallet.

And I stick it in my front pocket with my keys very easily, and the lanyard lets me just grab it from my pocket to use the scan card for work very easily.