topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:24 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NANY 2015 Release - Splat (Simple Program Launching and Termination)  (Read 167637 times)

dantheman

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Be good if you can!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2015 Release - Splat (Simple Program Launching and Termination)
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2016, 08:55 AM »
Sounds good.
But... me no no... do i insert that (nircmd.exe cdrom open j:) under "run" ?

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2016, 08:58 AM »
Yes, it would be a Run action.  Your Target field would be c:\path\to\nircmd.exe and the Arguments field would be cdrom open j:

Of course, change the path and drive letter to suit your system.

dcsev

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2017, 01:31 AM »
skwire,
you somehow have a knack of finding that little niche that I desire and programming an awesome app for it.

Splat is now my #1 go-to startup launcher solution. Where have you been all my life? :D :D I reinstall windows frequently and having to keep up with constantly changing startup entries is a royal PITA. I want to run splat at startup and have it be my pipeline to run all of my startup apps. I don't really need it running in the backgrond either. Once it does its business at startup, it can quit..  I toyed around with the app and I think it's doing everything I wanted.

Side note: I have UAC completely turned off (Enable LUA=0) so admin rights not an issue.

Some suggestions:
1. Create right menu context entry > "Duplicate" function (For entries, not profiles)
2. Allow us to manually choose display name or have another column for NAME           |      TARGET        | Arguments.
3. It's not the worse thing in the world but I would remove the options tab - remove the profiles tab and just create a text label called "Profiles". Then I would put "options" or "preferences" under menu, unless there's some design considered I haven't thought of.  PIC of area I'm saying to remove: http://i.imgur.com/hAXRsa1.png
4. PLEASE allow us to customize the columns. I don't need working directory or notes...
5. Give us the ability to keep entries in the list, but "disable" them. Disabling them puts a red X over their name or dims their entry dramatically.

Bugs (#2-critical bug)
1. EDIT: I think this may a bug, but I keep having to resize the columns (specifically working directory) but closing the app and reopening splat doesn't remember it.

I know the role of profile shortcuts (for startup) but i was messing around and....
I have also discovered a infinite loop crash in splat. Create a new entry for splat  with following:
http://i.imgur.com/RHLCr0p.png     

Action: Profile
Launch this profile: startup
Put it at the top of the list.

Now, right click / run selected entries.  Infinite loop, crash. Proof: http://i.imgur.com/a46UhPz.png

----------------------

EDIT: removed report about breevyportable.exe problem since it's not splat's fault. I created a workaround in the profile to kill breevy.exe before running breevyportable.exe again :)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 02:10 AM by stisev »

ScreenManiac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Some suggestions:
1. Create right menu context entry > "Duplicate" function (For entries, not profiles)
2. Allow us to manually choose display name or have another column for NAME           |      TARGET        | Arguments.
3. It's not the worse thing in the world but I would remove the options tab - remove the profiles tab and just create a text label called "Profiles". Then I would put "options" or "preferences" under menu, unless there's some design considered I haven't thought of.  PIC of area I'm saying to remove: http://i.imgur.com/hAXRsa1.png
4. PLEASE allow us to customize the columns. I don't need working directory or notes...
5. Give us the ability to keep entries in the list, but "disable" them. Disabling them puts a red X over their name or dims their entry dramatically.
+1 for suggestions 1, 4, and 5 especially.
I hate deleting entries in my lists - might need them again some later time - a disable-option would be awesome. My workaround has been to duplicate whole profiles, but that leads to multiple variants hard to keep track of, requires changes to my commandline call-ups etc etc..Disable would make it a lot easier to see old/new entries at one glance, whereas now I have to compare whole profiles to spot the difference.

dcsev

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Just a follow-up, I wish this app's dev would be continued. It's one of the Top 3 on skwire's codings (along with sPlayerlistmaker.. a godsend!)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Understood.  It's a matter of finding time to get to these requests.

dcsev

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Understood.  It's a matter of finding time to get to these requests.

Of course skwire.  I didn't mean it in a negative tone. It's a wonderfully useful app already. I (and  you!) see so much potential for its future.

We appreciate everything you've done. You and mouser are coding gods in my book :)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
For now...

Highlight the entry and press Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V.

Column widths should be automatically saved so just resize any columns you don't want to see.  Also, ensure that the "Auto-size list columns" option is not enabled.

ScreenManiac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks. Both methods work great.
Beats me why I didn't think of the Copy + Paste routine to duplicate entries  :o

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2017, 04:29 PM »
Downloading that is gerund.
Thanks a lot Skwire.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2017, 09:14 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by "gerund" but you're welcome.   :D

awol

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2021, 01:42 PM »
Humble suggestion:
an option to store, in a Profile, my most recent n Run's (I guess Launches, too) into a clilpboard profile, most recent at top. Because I usually need to run just a few of my many Run's in Splat for a few days, then the list slowly morphs. Would be great if you helped me keep the list current for me so I could do my launches from there. Also I could save it to a new Profile if I wanted to.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2022, 03:10 PM »
I made a request yesterday for something that this program might be able to do....

Can this be tweaked to be able to:
1) choose a folder (working directory field probably fine)
2) execute a command on a random file anywhere in the folder or subfolders
3) when choosing the random file, allow the ability to filter on file types (*.mkv,*.mp4)