I'll take a crack at this one. How soon did you need it by?yesterday!! LOLLL jk
Lol, too true. I've been working on this for months and it's surprisingly hard with no coding experience. I was really getting desperate and found Snap2HTML which did about 60% of what I needed but if skwire could make this app in the proposed design below it would really be wonderful. It's a pretty basic design.skwire
, thank you so much for being willing to help me with this. I deeply appreciate it. I have spent the last few hours putting together a proposed design to eliminate the guesswork. I sincerely hope I don't offend you or this community by making this too custom but it would really make the world of difference. I would need to have the source code to be able to make the necessary personal modifications. I would compile using AHK to EXE compiler. I hope this isn't asking too much. I really wish I had the time to learn Autohotkey, but too much going on in my life to take on such a task
Here's some technical criteria to consider:
1. Should list only files in a subfolder called "Data" located in its own directory
. For example, a user places a folder called "Data" in the app's directory and the app reads it from there.
2. The main types of files that will be launched/printed:
- RTF files
LNK files (short to RDP file)
.URL (web site)
3. No menu bar needed or desired as it will clutter the interface. One can quit the app using top right X.
3. Be able to read & list up to 20-30,000 files in multiple directories. Your apps are lightning fast so I don't see this as a problem.
4. You can put generic names in the titles "AppTitle" and I can modify those in the source code.
5. Settings window allows to configure font, & font size & relative data path
1. I assume since these are made in AHK there will be no dependencies or prerequisite software
2. I will be avoiding using MPRESS or UPX compression as I need to avoid the identification of this software as malware by McAfee AV. I checked splaylistmaker as an example, and happy to say most brand name AVs don't mark the app as malware)
3. Source code is needed to make very basic (non-programming) adjustments if needed.
4. I know this is a standard for all your apps, I would need it to be completely portable (store all settings in config.ini like your other brilliant apps).
5. I would need to be able to launch the app via USB key so making the directories relative (e.g. \Data vs C:\Data) is of critical importance.
6. Should not access network since all files will be stored locally