topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:52 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: The March 2011 6th Anniversary Fundraiser Has Begun! Cheer for Victory Thread  (Read 105139 times)

worstje

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • The Gent with the White Hat
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I wonder how close to $14,000 we can still get in the upcoming 24 hours... 8)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
All this donating temporarily broke the thermometer!  :huh:
Screenshot - 3_31_2011 , 2_34_48 AM.png

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
fun_razor.c:993 in function get_rich() fund_alloc() temporary money counter overflow: ETOOMUCHCASH

or something like that. I haven't programmed c in a VERY long time.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ok it's official, we have just broken our very intimidating fundraising record from 2009 of $13,838.  I didn't think there was a chance in hell of that happening when we started, what with the global economy being the way it is.

Screenshot - 3_31_2011 , 11_53_08 AM.png

It's all thanks to the amazing and generous and encouraging people who have made DC possible since it's start.  It's a great day for DC.  Thank you to everyone who has donated now and in the past.

worstje

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • The Gent with the White Hat
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Make that a wopping $14,025 right now. Woot! :-*

housetier

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It's totally awesome to see how these donations kept coming in. It didn't feel like the 'trickle' that was mentioned before; of course it wasn't the high volume of donations of the first few days, but I'd still call it a 'steady stream'.

mouser: can you prepare a graph that shows sum of donations per day and other such statistics?

DerekHal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
From FIDO-net, through Usenet, to DonationCoder - the only thing do really miss from those days might be the promising noice from the modem, making a connection.

Anyhow - greetings from IKEA-country, and good luck!   :-*

BTW - more Mouser videos to the people!

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Welcome, DerekHal,

the promising noice from the modem, making a connection
;D
The noise is there, but the frequency is just too high for humans to be able to hear it. And lots of time the connection is kind-of permanent, so connecting isn't done that often anymore :huh:

housetier

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
From FIDO-net,(...) to DonationCoder

Ha! Excellent another one with FIDO experience! Welcome to Donationcoder, let's bring sanity to the internets!  :D

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

@ $14,111 now,
I was thinking a good number to finish up on - but forgot it's got another 6 hours or so to go 'over there' before the day is done :)
Tom

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@ $14,111 now,
I was thinking a good number to finish up on - but forgot it's got another 6 hours or so to go 'over there' before the day is done :)

I still haven't donated yet... waiting 'til the end like I always do on fundraisers :)

(In at 11:22PM local time... and we're now well over 14k!)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:22 PM by wraith808 »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
We did it!

We broke past our top fundraising goals and passed our record fundraising amount from 2009. Awesome.

Screenshot - 4_1_2011 , 12_25_48 AM.png

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!

This was really an awesome month and a great experience.

Looks like time to call it a wrap!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 02:46 AM by mouser »

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I am super proud of this community. Awesome, awesome, and awesome again. Congratulations to DC and to all of us. :)

- Oshyan

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hooray!

JoTo

• Super Honorary
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
WOW!  :)  :)  :)

What a result! I am proud to be a small gear in this great community.

It was amazing this month to wait till next day to see what comes next. And i got lot of nice readings, hints and some programs from it.

Thank you to all contributors to make this possible and i hope i have the opportunity to be a contributor in 2 years at the next fundraiser.

And thank you to all donators as well to make it possible that my most loved website in the net is now capable to exist for another 2 years or so.

And last but not least THANKS TO MOUSER! Our cheese of cheesys, our beef in the burger, our man who mouser us all the time in the IRC channel, and of course our always squeaking gear that make all this here possible (of course with the help of us - but he is mainly the engine that drive us to the events like N.A.N.Y, fundraiser, mass suicide  :huh: ...errr cancel the last please  :-[ ).  :D

Now i just hope (Attention: Pure egoism follows) that i am one of the winners of the giveaway drawing.  :P Anyone can imagine how difficult it is to write this message with crossed fingers?  :o

Fundraiser celebration is over now...but don't let celebration stop here. Let's celebrate now the results, the winners of the upcoming drawing and our community in it's all for the next 2 years. Then we end this celebration season and just begin a new one with a new fundraiser.

THANK YOU AGAIN TO ALL OF THIS GREAT PLACE!

Greetings
JoTo
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 04:52 AM by JoTo »

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Anyone can imagine how difficult it is to write this message with crossed fingers?  :o
I've been typing this way since I put in my sign-up for a few nice items in the drawing :tellme: so my hands are a bit cramped now :'(

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This an extremely gratifying result.

The astonishing amount raised, almost three times the stated target, is the more remarkable because of the prevailing, harsh economic climate.

I take it to be an incandescent endorsement of DonationCoder as it stands.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Wow. Congrats to all.

Josh

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I guess we have to overcome those shortcomings that lotusrootstarch mentioned. Obviously people dislike DoCo ;-)

Good job, DoCo team!

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I guess we have to overcome those shortcomings that lotusrootstarch mentioned. Obviously people dislike DoCo ;-)

Good job, DoCo team!

As contentious as lotusrootstarch might be in arguing his points, I'd caution against making this a 'referendum' to continue with no changes; I do think that there is a need to continue to evolve.  I just don't believe in change for the sake of change, but change directed by mouser's idea for the site, and the members of the site.

... I hope that made sense.  :-[

bob99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Another CONGRATULATIONS to everyone that worked so hard in reaching and EXCEEDING the initial goal.  :Thmbsup:
It is the "regular" posters old and hopefully some new ones as time goes on, that provide the knowledge, assistance, programs, snacks and general good times that continues to make DonationCoder so unique.  Which I believe helps increase the membership not only during fundraisers but on a daily basis.

kyba

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
this is one of the best sites on the net and  CONGRATULATIONS form AUSTRALIA  OR DOWNUNDER  on the final total Please make some w7  :beerchug: ASAP.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:43 AM by kyba »