topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 2:41 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: T-Clock 2010 (download)  (Read 1005713 times)

LonelyPixel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock 2010 (download)
« Reply #475 on: August 28, 2013, 04:09 PM »
As for the "close on second click": If your problem is that the calendar window loses focus when clicking the taskbar, then there's a common solution for you. Remember the time when the calendar window lost focus, and count the time until the mouse button was pressed (not clicked, which includes the release) on the taskbar item. If it's shorter than a few milliseconds, the calendar was still focused just ago. In this case, you can close it again.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #476 on: August 28, 2013, 05:36 PM »
I guess you miss understood me...
The problem lies indeed within the focus-loose-ability of the Windows clock calendar... And since it's the standard calendar, I can't detect it's focus loss without some kind of injection... Otherwise it would be easy to just assume it's still open and then just close it....

I'm stuck here... unable to think of anyway around it :P (I still wonder how the original clock does it... since most of the task is done by the taskbar itself (mouse movement, clicks etc.) and they communicate only by messages. Thus the same way we/I do... Maybe the clock just sends a message to the taskbar :P To lazy to check that^^ It won't really help anyway.
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #477 on: August 28, 2013, 05:42 PM »
Works perfectly for me. Just like the default clock, click to open, click again to close, or click outside it to close.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #478 on: August 28, 2013, 05:49 PM »
[...] click again to close [...]
that shouldn't work... actually it can't work^^ Are you sure about that?
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

apex84

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #479 on: August 30, 2013, 08:38 AM »

Double-clicking the clock while the calendar is open will close the calendar.

EDIT: btw thanks for releasing this build. I've been looking forward to this feature ever since the 2010 version was released.

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #480 on: August 30, 2013, 08:40 AM »
[...] click again to close [...]

You're right, turns out I may have been wrong. I'm unable to get it to work again now. It definitely was working when I posted, but that was probably due to some other focus-related interaction.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #481 on: August 30, 2013, 10:32 AM »
[...]
EDIT: btw thanks for releasing this build. I've been looking forward to this feature ever since the 2010 version was released.
Thanks goes to 21944.450^^ He's the one who asked for it... and I was to lazy to implement it just for my little self :P
And yes, "double-clicking" might work or might not.. Still.. it's more kind of a bug (in this case the typical bug=feature thingy) I will try to do it proper next time...

currently I'm trying to implement the calendar for XP as a stand alone app which will be called from T-Clock in case you want the T-Clock calendar ;) (this reduces memory usage for those who only use the calendar from time to time and for those who use the default one)
I'm kind of a performance freak.. so it will take some time :P (as I will try to improve other stuff as well)

Anyone of the devs here against the outsourcing idea? Eg. build everything into Clock.exe or use standalone apps for "unimportant" stuff? Eg. calendar, sntp (I plan on using the sntp stuff from TClockLight kt)
The only draw back I can think of is bigger distribution size and thus a little more disk space wasted^^ And it might take a few ms longer to launch external apps such as the XP calendar, but that should be negligible (except on high PC load)

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #482 on: August 30, 2013, 11:30 AM »
Focus Peek-A-Boo issue ... The behavior rings a bell...

I remember having a great deal of "fun" with this one back when I did a bunch of code cleanup and removed something I thought wasn't necessary. The calendar would sometimes close on lose focus and sometimes not, and the mouseover tool tip was hit or miss.

What I found was depending on which version of screwed up I was trying was that the calendar and tooltip would work perfectly the first time...and then never again...until the clock was restarted. Or the situation would reverse so that it never worked the first time, but did fine afterwards.

The cause was a piece of code that deals with swapping the message loop between threads on the fly ... Which I had removed (in retrospect) basically just to make myself nutz for about a month. I don't recall where the function is, but I do recall it was towards the top of one of the .c files. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the source handy and am (as usual these days) pressed for time. But hopefully the function description will make it findable as I suspect based on the hit-or-miss behavior described above that the problem most likely resides there.

-------------------//-------------------------

@WhiteTigX - The SNTP code (with hotkey and logging functions) is already in T-Clock 2010, it's just been EasterEgged due to its requirement of administrative rights to reset the system time.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #483 on: August 30, 2013, 03:11 PM »
[...]
@WhiteTigX - The SNTP code (with hotkey and logging functions) is already in T-Clock 2010, it's just been EasterEgged due to its requirement of administrative rights to reset the system time.
I know ;) And it works.. but the one from TClockLight kt is not only already an external app but seems to be improved (better accuracy etc..)
So I still stick with that one ;) But I'll try to compare them both and see what can be improved.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #484 on: September 02, 2013, 04:04 PM »
Well... I guess and hope I'm done ;)

I suggest anyone who used my previous build to update. (this fixes at least 1 crash and some possible crashes)
Also: it now allows one to choose whether to use system calendar/tooltip or not.
+ Mouse Button 4 and 5 can be used.
T-Clock.7z
T-Clock.zip

P.S. please check if clicking once shows calendar, and clicking again hides (of course, u'll have to enable mouse clicks first)
P.P.S. devs: can anyone with Visual Studio please check the project files? Do they still work? (I hope they do... they work with WinSDK)
https://github.com/White-Tiger/T-Clock/

edit:
New downloads here: https://github.com/W...ger/T-Clock/releases (always latest)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 03:17 PM by WhiteTigX »

apex84

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #485 on: September 03, 2013, 06:55 AM »
Yes, clicking once now hides the calendar.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #486 on: September 04, 2013, 10:00 AM »
Nice Thank you  :up:

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #487 on: September 04, 2013, 11:40 AM »

There is no done with T-Clock. It is like the ornate puzzle box in Hell Raiser ... Once opened you are drawn into an alternate universe where demons (some of your own making) torment you (with ideas) for eternity. They visit me still...the voices, the whispers at night...as if just at the edge of hearing...taunting me "Try this" they say. But the idea is never fully formed. It's always just enough to make you wonder, is it? will it? Could it be..? They dare me with curiosity to once again open the Project Folder...knowing I will be totally consumed, by its power.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #488 on: September 05, 2013, 12:59 PM »
*sigh*... made a mistake with my last build :P basically I've changed a type of a variable from BOOL to char, but I didn't know that one external file declares it again as extern... with type BOOL^^
Not sure if this can cause a crash or other stuff... as the linker still knows what was meant and thus it might be ok.... ugly but ok.

Anyway... I suggest you to again download my build (link 's still the same)

@Stoic Joker
I'm still open to suggestions and bug fixes... don't worry ;) I just hoped I was done with my prior work... but it seemed like not xD (and I still wonder if there are any users out there that hate my calendar changes...)

LonelyPixel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #489 on: September 05, 2013, 01:42 PM »
I've got a real calendar for that. ;-) (Palm Desktop *cough* - don't have much time to replace it but I'm at it...)

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #490 on: September 05, 2013, 02:39 PM »
@Stoic Joker
I'm still open to suggestions and bug fixes... don't worry ;) I just hoped I was done with my prior work... but it seemed like not xD (and I still wonder if there are any users out there that hate my calendar changes...)

I like the new calendar options ... Running it with the Windows calendar option now.

char7

• Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #491 on: September 08, 2013, 11:02 PM »

I suggest anyone who used my previous build to update. (this fixes at least 1 crash and some possible crashes)
Also: it now allows one to choose whether to use system calendar/tooltip or not.
+ Mouse Button 4 and 5 can be used.
T-Clock.7z
T-Clock.zip

P.S. please check if clicking once shows calendar, and clicking again hides (of course, u'll have to enable mouse clicks first)
P.P.S. devs: can anyone with Visual Studio please check the project files? Do they still work? (I hope they do... they work with WinSDK)
https://github.com/White-Tiger/T-Clock/

Hi,

In this build, left clicking or right clicking does not work after I lock and unlock my desktop. I also activated the turn screen off when locking the desktop option.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #492 on: September 09, 2013, 05:46 AM »
so not even the context menu works? that's strange...
The clock is still there right xD?

Well... I didn't make any change that I know of that could have caused this...
So I need to ask you which OS (including 32/64 bit), where is your Taskbar located and does it happen all the time? (Win+L, then go back in again)
And it worked with Stoic Joker's and LonelyPixel's build?

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #493 on: September 09, 2013, 06:40 PM »
I see there has been some discussions about the calendar lately. I have set the Tclock calendar to show three months. It would be nice if the current month be at the middle location rather than the left most location.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #494 on: September 09, 2013, 08:08 PM »
that's not possible as far as I know... it's using the Windoze calendar control... that one does all the stuff by itself... just give it some space and it'll do his best to show the calendar and is happy :P
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:16 PM by WhiteTigX »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #495 on: September 10, 2013, 12:28 AM »
clicking T-Clock once will open the calendar, clicking it again while the calendar was open will just reopen it and not just close it as the default clock does.

-maybe the quoted text should be added to the download-post (336616).

char7

• Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #496 on: September 10, 2013, 02:22 AM »
so not even the context menu works? that's strange...
The clock is still there right xD?

Well... I didn't make any change that I know of that could have caused this...
So I need to ask you which OS (including 32/64 bit), where is your Taskbar located and does it happen all the time? (Win+L, then go back in again)
And it worked with Stoic Joker's and LonelyPixel's build?

Yes, both the calendar and the context menu did not appear after unlocking the desktop. I have to kill it using task manager to restart it. It did not work in LonelyPixel's build either. I did not test Stoic Joker's build because I switch to using Monitor Energy Saver to turn off the monitor. I used the 64 bit version in Windows 7 64bit (the 32 bit version runs but it did not change the clock). My taskbar is located in the bottom, using the small icon size. And it definitely reconstructible everytime.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #497 on: September 10, 2013, 08:10 AM »
thanks char7 for that detailed report ;)
Hope I'm some when able to reproduce it myself (or someone else with time to test :P), otherwise it's hard to fix such thing.. (and sadly I'm not using 64bit^^)

clicking T-Clock once will open the calendar, clicking it again while the calendar was open will just reopen it and not just close it as the default clock does.

-maybe the quoted text should be added to the download-post (336616).
ehm... why? xD Clicking once opens, clicking again hides as of now..

well there's a catch actually.. you shouldn't have a double-click action for your calendar key defined... in that case it'll open again even on single-click.. this is due to the time delay involved. And there's actually nothing that can be changed about it... except for some vodoo magic as using a bool to set a flag and once no double-click occurs in time and the single click would be executed, we'll just ignore it as the calendar already hid. That'll be ok and working :P

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #498 on: September 10, 2013, 08:49 AM »
well there's a catch actually.. you shouldn't have a double-click action for your calendar key defined... in that case it'll open again even on single-click.. this is due to the time delay involved.

Um... actually you can. That's why I dropped the counter based 1, 2, 3, & 4 click code that was used in favor of the standard Windows API double/single click options. The system keeps track of the first click but doesn't respond to it until the is-this-a-double-click wait time expires (global system double click speed setting).

My calendar is set as the double click option as single click copies a code modified time date string to the clip board. Double clicking the clock doesn't copy the string to the clipboard...only a single click will.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #499 on: September 10, 2013, 01:53 PM »
it's still counter based.. and that good ;) There's no need to use the Windoze API.. and actually that would break things.
To be able to hide the calendar, it's important to get the single-click asap. Once the double-click time is expired, it's to late.

So I had to fix the mouse stuff to execute the single-click asap (that part was there, but bugged...) It works in that way as it checks if there's a double-click defined or not and if not it executes the single-click right away.

And as I said... it still counts clicks.. but only supports 2 clicks (not 3,4 as the other T-Clocks do) but I may add that part again in case it's needed..
mouse.c -> OnMouseMsg()