topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: T-Clock 2010 (download)  (Read 1005652 times)

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock 2010 (download)
« Reply #375 on: November 03, 2011, 11:20 PM »
Hey, thanks for dropping by so quickly. Pure C eh?  :)

So far so good. I'm pretty sure everything is going to be okay now -- earlier I mistakenly ran an old version (from some other coder) in a folder close by...

But I'll keep you posted for sure.

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #376 on: November 07, 2011, 06:08 PM »
Thinkgs are working just great !  :Thmbsup:
[Edit... Sounded like a German here...]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:22 PM by Armando »

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #377 on: November 07, 2011, 10:16 PM »
Thinkgs are working just great !  :Thmbsup:
[Edit... Sounded like a German here...]

Close. Tingz iz Verkin Goot ... Would sound more like my grandfather. Every story the man told started out with "When we came over on the boat"... :)

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #378 on: November 07, 2011, 11:18 PM »
Hehe... Nice. My grandparents were from France, Ireland and Quebec/Canada (what a mix)... All speaking in their native tongue though -- a good variety of accents, but... no great "foreign accent". :)

Jokezer

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #379 on: November 13, 2011, 11:13 PM »
Recently I formatted my hard drive. I had to re install T-Clock. When I
downloaded the zip file and extracted it, I selected 64. However the
program never installed. I went back to your page and saw your
recommendation about using this URL:
https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=21944.0 to download
T-Clock. I went to the site, made a donation and got the license key.
However, to use the key I must run T-Clock. And here is the Catch-22, the
zip file will not install the program, so there is no way to enter the key.

Please teach a fan of T-Clock what he is doing wrong

k

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #380 on: November 13, 2011, 11:25 PM »
Welcome to the site Jokezer.  :up:

While I'm quite sure that Stoic Joker would appreciate any donation (just click the gold coin under his name to send him some of your donation),
his T-Clock build does not take a license key.  So something else is going wrong that is making the program not run for you.

I'm a very satisfied user of the program but i'm afraid I don't have any insight into fixing your problem -- hopefully someone else will, so stay tuned.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #381 on: November 14, 2011, 07:08 AM »
Indeed mouser is correct in that T-Clock never has, nor ever will require a key of any kind. So it should just run, assuming the right executeable is selected, and the default windows clock (which it hooks into) is visible.

Assuming you have a 64-bit copy of Windows installed, the 64-bit copy of T-Clock (Clock.exe in the x64 folder) should run ... Although the difference made when T-Clock first starts (with its defaults) may be a bit subtle. If you right click on the clock after running Clock.exe the T-Clock properties should be availables, and from there you can customize it as you like.

There is no install per se, just extract it to where you want it to run from, and then run it. I may do an installer in the future...but that will depend on whether or not Windows 8 kills it.

Txomin

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #382 on: December 06, 2011, 10:27 PM »
Feature request: chime on the hour and/or at intervals.

I am willing to develop this myself if you ever release the source.

Thanks again. I'm a big fan of this application.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #383 on: December 07, 2011, 06:42 AM »
That's been a feature of T-Clock since the begining; bottom of alarms tab (hourly chime). Options there are Play Sound (any), Chime Hour, and Blink (which isn't really visible with Win7 and the default color scheme).

I'm hoping to get back on the project after the first of the year, but may just release the code if it doesn't pan out.

Txomin

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #384 on: December 11, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Oops, I missed that one.

Thanks for the quick reply.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #385 on: December 15, 2011, 12:17 PM »
Stoic, someone here at work was just asking for this:
Can TClock somehow add the ability to display Unix Time (Posix time)?  I couldn't find anything on the internet that could do it.  Thanks.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #386 on: December 15, 2011, 05:36 PM »
Can TClock somehow add the ability to display Unix Time (Posix time)?  I couldn't find anything on the internet that could do it.  Thanks.

Posix Time?? [Drawing a bit of a blank]...Is that the one that is the number of seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00? Currently no ... But it doesn't sound that hard to do... Let me know if I'm on the right track, and I'll take a shot at it.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #387 on: December 15, 2011, 11:59 PM »

Posix Time?? [Drawing a bit of a blank]...Is that the one that is the number of seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00? Currently no ... But it doesn't sound that hard to do... Let me know if I'm on the right track, and I'll take a shot at it.
You know, I'm not entirely sure either, i just was emailed the question.  I looked it up and it's called "unix time" or "posix time".  Here's the wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

I think it has something to do with a number that starts with some date in 1970, and has been continuing since.  So any date/time can be converted to this number like 1323962876 .  So it doesn't have punctuations or anything.  I tell you what, if you were able to do it, it would really surprise the guy, that would be fun for me!  Anyway, that's as much as I know.  It doesn't sound very hard to do, sounds like a simpel conversion formula.  But i don't really know anything about programming.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #388 on: December 16, 2011, 08:27 AM »
Yes, I googled it after posting. I can't guarantee anything (there's alot going on), but I'll see what I can do. Is there a specific time you'd like to have it by? It does sound easy enough, but the formatting code is about 8 pages long (And I'm not entirely sure where I stopped at... eek!).

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #389 on: December 16, 2011, 10:18 AM »
Yes, I googled it after posting. I can't guarantee anything (there's alot going on), but I'll see what I can do. Is there a specific time you'd like to have it by? It does sound easy enough, but the formatting code is about 8 pages long (And I'm not entirely sure where I stopped at... eek!).
No time table at all.  8 pages long?  Sheesh.  yeah, if it's not easy don't bother, it's nothing important or time-critical or anything like that.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #390 on: December 16, 2011, 11:10 AM »
No time table at all.  8 pages long?  Sheesh.

LOL Actually it's 11 pages (I just checked). So now the curiosity has gotten the best of me (shit...) I started poking at it with a stick to see what would happen. Now there seems to be two different options for the output, one of which is just the current UTC time. The other is the number of seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00. So are they looking for:
Number of seconds UTC 1324054818
Number of seconds Locale Time (same as above -300 sec because I'm GMT -5)
Unix/RFC 2822 formatted date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 17:00:17 UTC

I'm assuming it's the first one. but want to double check before I get too far into testing this. I'm currently using the display at the top of the page at http://www.epochconverter.com/ as a target for the output.  

Note: if it's really just UTC time they're after the w+/-xx format specifier will give the UTC (or any other zone) time. So me being GMT/UTC -5, would use w+05 to get back to UTC instead of the usual 'h' in the custom format string.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #391 on: December 16, 2011, 02:33 PM »
No time table at all.  8 pages long?  Sheesh.

LOL Actually it's 11 pages (I just checked). So now the curiosity has gotten the best of me (shit...) I started poking at it with a stick to see what would happen. Now there seems to be two different options for the output, one of which is just the current UTC time. The other is the number of seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00. So are they looking for:
Number of seconds UTC 1324054818
Number of seconds Locale Time (same as above -300 sec because I'm GMT -5)
Unix/RFC 2822 formatted date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 17:00:17 UTC

I'm assuming it's the first one. but want to double check before I get too far into testing this. I'm currently using the display at the top of the page at http://www.epochconverter.com/ as a target for the output. 

Note: if it's really just UTC time they're after the w+/-xx format specifier will give the UTC (or any other zone) time. So me being GMT/UTC -5, would use w+05 to get back to UTC instead of the usual 'h' in the custom format string.
Yeah, I think it's the first one with just the long string of numbers.  That's a cool website you linked, I wonder if that would be good enough for the guy.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #392 on: December 16, 2011, 02:57 PM »
Who cares, update attached  :D

(But Seriously...) I did not do a full build/release for this update ... Only the .dll's have been recompiled to allow for the new POSIX Custom Format Specifier.

Posix Time.jpg

To use download the patch and extract the (32 or 64 bit) version of the dll you need. Overwrite the tClock.dll file in the install directory with the new one. Then adding POSIX as a format specifier wil give the number of seconds elapsed since Unix Epoch 1970-01-01 00:00:00

* T-Clock 2011 Posix Time Patch.zip (116.76 kB - downloaded 636 times.)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #393 on: December 16, 2011, 04:45 PM »
Stoic!  That's so cool!  Thanks man.  I just emailed the guys, I'm sure they'll like it.  This coding snack stuff is incredible quality with incredible service.  And all the money goes to the big boys like Adobe with their bloated apps, what? customer service, and small issues that don't get resolved version after version after...

Fl1nk

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Transparency problem
« Reply #394 on: December 17, 2011, 05:41 AM »
Hi!
I have the same problem as https://www.donation....msg250425#msg250425
T-Clock text is non-transparent when I use Windows 7 Basic theme, but is transparent with non-classic
 themes. I switched the "Enable transparency" theme setting - same result. The more color intensity - the more transparent clock text (and more invisible).
Untitled.png
"Black" color with disabled theme transparency.
Untitled2.png
Green color with disabled theme transparency.

I don't use WindowBlinds, just usual modified aero theme. I' ve used a BetaClock on Win 7 x86, but I'm going to migrate to x64 and T-Clock will be very appropriate program for tray clock customizing.
As I see, you don't have solution for this problem now. Please fix it, it's important for me.

Jesper Hertel

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #395 on: December 31, 2011, 08:30 PM »
I must admit I haven't read all 16 pages of comments, so I don't know if this bug has been mentioned before:

Right now at local time 2012-01-01 03:21, the week number is "00". It should be 52.

The "TClock: Calendar" shows the week number correctly.

The bug only shows a few days in the beginning of every year, and some years not at all... :-)

Happy new year!

ajp_anton

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #396 on: January 25, 2012, 06:00 AM »
Will you continue developing this at some point?
If so, I have a feature request:

Add an alarm countdown whenever it's active, and choose whether to have the clock or the countdown displayed by default, and the other when mouseover.
edit: And of course the ability to set the alarm timer as a countdown instead of just a set time =).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:30 PM by ajp_anton »

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #397 on: April 09, 2012, 08:09 AM »
I just wanted to say thanks for the nice piece of soft! Good job Stoic Joker, exactly what I was looking for - better customization for the time and date of Win7  :Thmbsup:
The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

zzc

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #398 on: April 12, 2012, 07:39 AM »
I have been a happy user of betaclock (which has not been updated since 2007) on a Win XP computer for many years, and I was dismayed to find that it did not work on my new Win7 64-bit notebook. I was very happy when I found T-Clock 2010 recently. Thanks to Stoic Joker for the excellent software.

Just one small request to Stoic Joker. As far as I know (hope that I did not miss something obvious), to get the popup calendar, a user has to right click the time-date display, point to T-Clock Quickys, then move the mouse cursor over to T-Clock Calendar. I would appreciate it very much if you could kindly make accessing the calendar easier, e.g. a single left-click on the time-date display would popup the calendar, just like in betaclock. I do know that I can assign a hotkey to display the calendar but there are already far too many hotkeys from various software for poor me to remember.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #399 on: April 12, 2012, 11:18 AM »
Just one small request to Stoic Joker. As far as I know (hope that I did not miss something obvious), to get the popup calendar, a user has to right click the time-date display, point to T-Clock Quickys, then move the mouse cursor over to T-Clock Calendar. I would appreciate it very much if you could kindly make accessing the calendar easier, e.g. a single left-click on the time-date display would popup the calendar, just like in betaclock.

That is already a configurable option on the Mouse tab of T-Clock Properties. Just select Mouse Button, number of clicks, and action wanted (show calendar is on the default list) and hit apply. :)