ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (97/171) > >>

21944.450:
[...] click again to close [...]-21944.450 (August 28, 2013, 05:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
that shouldn't work... actually it can't work^^ Are you sure about that?
-WhiteTigX (August 28, 2013, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're right, turns out I may have been wrong. I'm unable to get it to work again now. It definitely was working when I posted, but that was probably due to some other focus-related interaction.

WhiteTigX:
[...]
EDIT: btw thanks for releasing this build. I've been looking forward to this feature ever since the 2010 version was released.-apex84 (August 30, 2013, 08:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks goes to 21944.450^^ He's the one who asked for it... and I was to lazy to implement it just for my little self :P
And yes, "double-clicking" might work or might not.. Still.. it's more kind of a bug (in this case the typical bug=feature thingy) I will try to do it proper next time...

currently I'm trying to implement the calendar for XP as a stand alone app which will be called from T-Clock in case you want the T-Clock calendar ;) (this reduces memory usage for those who only use the calendar from time to time and for those who use the default one)
I'm kind of a performance freak.. so it will take some time :P (as I will try to improve other stuff as well)

Anyone of the devs here against the outsourcing idea? Eg. build everything into Clock.exe or use standalone apps for "unimportant" stuff? Eg. calendar, sntp (I plan on using the sntp stuff from TClockLight kt)
The only draw back I can think of is bigger distribution size and thus a little more disk space wasted^^ And it might take a few ms longer to launch external apps such as the XP calendar, but that should be negligible (except on high PC load)

Stoic Joker:
Focus Peek-A-Boo issue ... The behavior rings a bell...

I remember having a great deal of "fun" with this one back when I did a bunch of code cleanup and removed something I thought wasn't necessary. The calendar would sometimes close on lose focus and sometimes not, and the mouseover tool tip was hit or miss.

What I found was depending on which version of screwed up I was trying was that the calendar and tooltip would work perfectly the first time...and then never again...until the clock was restarted. Or the situation would reverse so that it never worked the first time, but did fine afterwards.

The cause was a piece of code that deals with swapping the message loop between threads on the fly ... Which I had removed (in retrospect) basically just to make myself nutz for about a month. I don't recall where the function is, but I do recall it was towards the top of one of the .c files. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the source handy and am (as usual these days) pressed for time. But hopefully the function description will make it findable as I suspect based on the hit-or-miss behavior described above that the problem most likely resides there.

-------------------//-------------------------

@WhiteTigX - The SNTP code (with hotkey and logging functions) is already in T-Clock 2010, it's just been EasterEgged due to its requirement of administrative rights to reset the system time.

WhiteTigX:
[...]
@WhiteTigX - The SNTP code (with hotkey and logging functions) is already in T-Clock 2010, it's just been EasterEgged due to its requirement of administrative rights to reset the system time.-Stoic Joker (August 30, 2013, 11:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
I know ;) And it works.. but the one from TClockLight kt is not only already an external app but seems to be improved (better accuracy etc..)
So I still stick with that one ;) But I'll try to compare them both and see what can be improved.

WhiteTigX:
Well... I guess and hope I'm done ;)

I suggest anyone who used my previous build to update. (this fixes at least 1 crash and some possible crashes)
Also: it now allows one to choose whether to use system calendar/tooltip or not.
+ Mouse Button 4 and 5 can be used.
T-Clock.7z
T-Clock.zip

P.S. please check if clicking once shows calendar, and clicking again hides (of course, u'll have to enable mouse clicks first)
P.P.S. devs: can anyone with Visual Studio please check the project files? Do they still work? (I hope they do... they work with WinSDK)
https://github.com/White-Tiger/T-Clock/

edit:
New downloads here: https://github.com/White-Tiger/T-Clock/releases (always latest)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version