topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:29 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: T-Clock 2010 (download)  (Read 1005732 times)

genl

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock 2010 (download)
« Reply #500 on: October 03, 2013, 05:25 AM »
Most likely this will be a problematic feature request...

Is it possible to mimic some of functionality of Longhorn clock? More specifically, there is an old app called LClock which does this but it doesn't work correctly on 7/8 and their x64 editions.

lclock.png

It's a clock made up of 3 elements, also
- Ability to set positions for each of secondary elements, e.g. "mm" and "AM/PM".
- Ability to choose different font size and style for each of 3 elements.
- Ability to choose between AM/PM and Day of the week/month as a third element.

Basically, I liked this app for its ability to display a huge enough font and enough valuable info without sacrificing much of tray bar width. Now, trying to have this functionality back on a newer OS, I can only find similar apps with multi-line functionality, which is pretty much useless for me.

Nevertheless, T-Clock's font smoothing looks best for me and it's working good under win8.1 x64. I'm glad seeing a project on GitHub, hoping it'll get more contributions. Thanks for keeping it alive!

iorgu

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #501 on: November 21, 2013, 11:12 AM »
Wow, i didn't expect to see the last post of this thread talk about what i miss the most, lclock!

As an xp + lclock user for many many years, i was forced to get with the times and move to windows7.

Now i'm striving to get my familar look and fell back. Lclock was a big part of that. I like the clock part of t-clock 2010, but the disappointing portion is the calendar!

Stoic Joker knows lclock very well, so i'm sad to see that the calendar part wasn't straigt up copy pasted from that! The look and functionality were so to the point, it was amazing. You left click the clock, the nice calendar comes up, double click any date and you get to set an alarm!

Stoic Joker, is there any chance to ever see a lclock skin for the calendar and quick acces to "new alarm" by double clicking a date in the calendar?

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #502 on: November 21, 2013, 12:06 PM »
Stoic Joker knows lclock very well, so i'm sad to see that the calendar part wasn't straigt up copy pasted from that! The look and functionality were so to the point, it was amazing. You left click the clock, the nice calendar comes up, double click any date and you get to set an alarm!

While I have heard of Lclock, I was never involved with the project...or its development.

I closed down the T-Clock project (an entirely different branch of which there were several off the original project) about a year ago, as windows seems to be moving away from the taskbar style UI - making a Taskbar Clock rather pointless - and because I just don't have the time to continue with it. I did however release the source code for T-Clock when I announced the project's closure in the hopes that someone would have the time to continue the project.

One of the other members here (LonelyPixel I believe) is responsible for the T-Clock GitHub repository. The code is there for all to use as they see fit. My only request is if someone creates a build containing features/fixes/tweaks/etc. that they remove my name from the program's name as it is no longer Stoic Joker's T-Clock ... It's [Your Name Here] T-Clock...and it should be labeled accordingly.

Reporter

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #503 on: November 27, 2013, 11:41 AM »
Hello.

How can I transfer the settings of T-Clock to another computer?

Thanks a lot.

:)

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #504 on: November 29, 2013, 09:14 AM »
sry for this late reply...
You'll have to export T-Clocks settings yourself using RegEdit...
It's in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010

Or use those CMD files I've attached ;)

edit @ 07/03/2015:
removed attachment. Those batch files are quite outdated and actually don't properly work with UAC enabled (they export/import to/from C:\Windows\System32 if elevated later)
The attachment had 87 total downloads
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:48 AM by WhiteTigX, Reason: removed attachment »

vergro

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #505 on: January 08, 2014, 06:32 PM »
awesome app! and thank you for the date fix for WW number.  a lot of people in my office use this.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 07:46 AM by vergro »

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #506 on: January 12, 2014, 05:02 PM »
Hello, I was thinking of having a little Autoit version of the T-Clock here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/157737-chnaging-the-taskbar-clock-format/ :D Please have a look at the questions posted there  :) I will appreciate if you have any tips to share ;)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 05:51 PM by power1power1 »

DesElms

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: The Extremely Unofficial T-Clock Page
« Reply #507 on: January 28, 2014, 09:13 PM »
Back in 2009, when Stoic Joker's website was -- at least for me, using my AT&T DSL connection, using either AT&T's or OpenDNS's DNS servers -- only working about half-or-less the time, I, being such a fan of his version of T-Clock, created what I hoped, back then, would be an only temporary and very unofficial T-Clock page where people could, whenever Stoic Joker's site wasn't working, find a place to download his excellent T-Clock.

I posted about it in a few places, and it ended-up developing far too big a following, for my tastes; resulting in my kinda' not being able to take it down because it was appearing so high in search results, and also because people were finding it from old forum threads, and comments beneath articles about T-Clock, etc. And I told Stoic Joker about it; and it links to this forum thread, where I also posted about it; and it sings Stoic Joker's praises, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I still get an email or two or three per month, thanking me for having it; and I also get, as I got today, emails telling me that it's not working in Win8, and asking me if I know what to do. Today's email caused me to take a look at my server logs (which I rarely do), and I see that it's still getting a surprising number of hits and downloads each week; and all of that then caused me to update my page, today, to reflect the general state of things as I understand it from reading, here.

Of course, I wrote on that page that I can't provide support; and all I've ever done, there, really was simply explain how I use T-Clock (my settings and stuff), and that's it. When asked, today, how to make it work in Win8, I came here and read from around the middle of page 17 of this thread all the way to its end (at least as of this writing) here on page 21...

...all of which I then sorta' summarized as an update to my page regarding Win8, dated today, 28 January 2014.

It ultimately links everyone to this very spot in the forum thread, so that if anyone adds anything here about T-Clock, just generally, after my today's page update, those reading said page will know where to begin reading around here.

I'm just posting, here, that I updated my page, 'cause it's been a while since I've so done.

Here's my page:  http://www.greggdeselms.com/tclock.html

If anyone here sees any misinformation or anything that I should change/improve, please let me know.

Thank you, those of you who are trying to take the version 98 code and make it work in Win8.

And, Stoic Joker, we sure miss 'ya keeping T-Clock up to date. But as someone with pushing 40 years in IT, and who's within throwing distance of his 60th birthday, I know, better than most, how tired of this sort of thing one can get, and how short is life, and how it begins to dawn on one that one needs to carefully pick his projects, and then do other things with one's life before it's too late. Believe me, I get that! I just wish someone who's really skilled at this would just forget previous code and begin from scratch and build a new version that does everything yours does, and more; and which honors, on its "About" panel, your having taken T-Clock to such an amazing place!

Thank you!

Peace.

Gregg L. DesElms
Napa, California USA
gregg at greggdeselms dot com

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #508 on: January 29, 2014, 08:19 AM »
May I ask you what's wrong with Windows 8? I've tested T-Clock there and it was working fine^^
Actually my HD space is limited and my PC isn't the best as well, so I can't install Win8 on a virtual machine... all my testing was limited to remotely testing it on a friends machine.
So what doesn't work there?

I've also read your article (at least the updated stuff) and want to let you know that my "fork" as you've called (which isn't that wrong) doesn't currently use stuff from TClockLight kt... I've just thought about using its NTP stuff/tool since it's improved over T-Clocks. But never did so as of now ;)

Did Stoic Joker really talk about rewriting T-Clock? Sure there's stuff that has to be improved... but I see no real reason to rewrite it from scratch :P (I do so little by little ;)) One could improve the way it hooks into the clock, how the DLL and executable work together to further improve performance and stability on possible crash... but T-Clock is already light in RAM and CPU usage

PS: I'm still not done with T-Clock... for example one still wants proper TZN support, but I'm still kinda stuck there as there isn't just one unified timezone name per time offset... PST/PDT etc. for USA seems ok... same as UTC for England.. maybe even CET for "Central European Time"... but there are other countries beside some in Europe that use UTC+1 and it gets even worse going further east... There are multiple names for the same time offset... not easy to unify that for T-Clock... some will be happy, others not.
So if someone got a good timezone list with just 1 name per offset, I'll be happy :P (even though it cannot be done perfectly...)
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #509 on: January 29, 2014, 12:22 PM »
@Gregg DesElms - Thank you ... I do miss the project from time to time, but it's just not in the cards.

@WhiteTigX - I've not a clue what the latest builds do but it 95/98 had a habit of occasionally becoming unresponsive to mouse clicks (even directly after launch - but could be closed cleanly from the command line). It also jumps around quite a bit when the charms bar is opened. Seems like there was something else...but I don't recall what it was.

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #510 on: January 29, 2014, 06:08 PM »
I haven't had any problem with build 95 plus the Posix dll on Win 8.  It also behaves well with the Charms bar.  Of course this is in Desktop... haven't visited the Metro for quite awhile...
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #511 on: January 30, 2014, 10:22 AM »
I haven't had any problem with build 95 plus the Posix dll on Win 8. [...]
Does that mean without “Posix dll” there's a problem? Honestly... I don't even know what you've meant by “Posix dll”...

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #512 on: January 30, 2014, 12:39 PM »
Honestly... I don't even know what you've meant by “Posix dll”...

I was curious about that one too ... You don't know either? Shit.

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #513 on: January 30, 2014, 06:54 PM »

Page 16 of this thread... here... c'mon, SJ, it was just a few years ago you posted that... :D

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #514 on: January 31, 2014, 06:58 AM »

Page 16 of this thread... here... c'mon, SJ, it was just a few years ago you posted that... :D

Oh...That posix (update) dll ... Christ I was thinking there was some new Posix.dll file running around. I gotta stay out of here ... I'm just starting to add to the confusion.

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #515 on: January 31, 2014, 09:23 PM »
Well, my fault for not using the correct name, all I remembered was it was the dll that allowed the Posix epoch time display.  I'll promise not to lose sleep over it if you will.  (I have kids and it's on call week to boot so I have lots of other reasons to lose sleep.) :P

GreenRiverAl

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #516 on: February 02, 2014, 10:14 AM »
I just came across this new (since Vista/Win7) feature of the stock Windows tray-clock that I think would be a great addition to T-Clock:

How To Add Additional Clocks In Vista and Windows 7
http://www.guidingte...cks-windows-vista-7/

... when you hover your mouse over the current time display icon, you will see the current time in those two places too ...

If T-Clock could get a new WINCLOCKS formatting option, we could use this in the MouseOver Tooltip Text.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #517 on: February 02, 2014, 10:29 AM »
That's already done ;) See here: https://www.donation....msg336616#msg336616
But it's no "formatting option" it's just using the original tool-tip and calendar :P

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #518 on: February 05, 2014, 01:12 PM »
... So if someone got a good timezone list with just 1 name per offset, I'll be happy :P (even though it cannot be done perfectly...)

Is this list of any help: Microsoft Time Zone Index Values http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms912391%28v=winembedded.11%29.aspx

Edit: The list below is tab delimited:
000   Dateline Standard Time   (GMT-12:00) International Date Line West
001   Samoa Standard Time   (GMT-11:00) Midway Island, Samoa
002   Hawaiian Standard Time   (GMT-10:00) Hawaii
003   Alaskan Standard Time   (GMT-09:00) Alaska
004   Pacific Standard Time   (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US and Canada); Mountain Time (US and Canada)
020   Central Standard Time   (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US and Canada
035   Eastern Standard Time   (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada)
050   Atlantic Standard Time   (GMT-04:00) Atlantic Time (Canada)
060   Newfoundland and Labrador Standard Time   (GMT-03:30) Newfoundland and Labrador
073   Greenland Standard Time   (GMT-03:00) Greenland
075   Mid-Atlantic Standard Time   (GMT-02:00) Mid-Atlantic
080   Azores Standard Time   (GMT-01:00) Azores
085   GMT Standard Time   (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time: Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London
095   Central Europe Standard Time   (GMT+01:00) Belgrade, Bratislava, Budapest, Ljubljana, Prague
115   E. Europe Standard Time   (GMT+02:00) Bucharest
145   Russian Standard Time   (GMT+03:00) Moscow, St. Petersburg, Volgograd
160   Iran Standard Time   (GMT+03:30) Tehran
165   Arabian Standard Time   (GMT+04:00) Abu Dhabi, Muscat
175   Transitional Islamic State of Afghanistan Standard Time   (GMT+04:30) Kabul
185   West Asia Standard Time   (GMT+05:00) Islamabad, Karachi, Tashkent
190   India Standard Time   (GMT+05:30) Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi
193   Nepal Standard Time   (GMT+05:45) Kathmandu
195   Central Asia Standard Time   (GMT+06:00) Astana, Dhaka
203   Myanmar Standard Time   (GMT+06:30) Yangon Rangoon
207   North Asia Standard Time   (GMT+07:00) Krasnoyarsk
227   North Asia East Standard Time   (GMT+08:00) Irkutsk, Ulaanbaatar
235   Tokyo Standard Time   (GMT+09:00) Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo
250   Cen. Australia Standard Time   (GMT+09:30) Adelaide
260   E. Australia Standard Time   (GMT+10:00) Brisbane
280   Central Pacific Standard Time   (GMT+11:00) Magadan, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia
290   New Zealand Standard Time   (GMT+12:00) Auckland, Wellington
300   Tonga Standard Time   (GMT+13:00) Nuku'alofa
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:21 PM by power1power1 »

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #519 on: February 06, 2014, 10:24 AM »
actually I would use that list... not only because I'm not qualified enough to decide which country is of most importance from the timezone point of view, but also for it to at least work more or less... It can be improved later on...

But there are problems even with that list of yours... "Central Asia Standard Time" might not have a proper abbreviation.. maybe "CASIA" is ok in that case... maybe not :P (got that one from http://speleotrove.c...pmglobe/pmtimez.html )
The main problem with that list is for example "Dateline Standard Time" ... what's its abbreviation?

Here's the "adopted" list so far:
Code: C++ [Select]
  1. -12.00, ?/?             //Dateline Standard Time
  2. -11.00, SST/?           //Samoa Standard Time
  3. -10.00, HST/-           //Hawaiian Standard Time
  4. -09.00, AKST/AKDT               //Alaska Standard Time
  5. -08.00, PST/PDT         //Pacific Standard Time
  6. -06.00, CST/CDT         //Central Standard Time
  7. -05.00, EST/EDT         //Eastern Standard Time
  8. -04.00, AST/ADT         //Atlantic Standard Time
  9. -03.30, NST/NDT         //Newfoundland Standard Time
  10. -03.00, WGT/WGST                //West Greenland Time
  11. -02.00, /               //Mid-Atlantic Standard Time ??????????????
  12. -01.00, AZOT/AZOST              //Azores Time
  13. +-00.00, UTC/BST                //UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) and "British Summer Time" during summer
  14. +01.00, CET/CEST                //Central European Time
  15. +02.00, EET/EEST                //Eastern European Time
  16. +03.00, /               //Russian Standard Time ????????????????
  19. +03.30, /               //Iran Standard Time
  20. +04.00, /               //Arabian Standard Time
  21. +04.30, /               //Transitional Islamic State of Afghanistan Standard Time
  22. +05.00, /               //West Asia Standard Time
  23. +05.30, /               //India Standard Time
  24. +05.45, /               //Nepal Standard Time
  25. +06.00, /               //Central Asia Standard Time
  26. +06.30, /               //Myanmar Standard Time
  27. +07.00, /               //North Asia Standard Time
  28. +08.00, /               //North Asia East Standard Time
  29. +09.00, /               //Tokyo Standard Time
  30. +09.30, /               //Cen. Australia Standard Time
  31. +10.00, /               //E. Australia Standard Time
  32. +11.00, /               //Central Pacific Standard Time
  33. +12.00, /               //New Zealand Standard Time
  34. +13.00, /               //Tonga Standard Time
and as you can see, I tried to adopt it till "Russian Standard Time"... which is probably wrong anyway... as "Moscow Standard Time" time is +4... and I for myself would call that "Russian Standard Time" but +4 is already used...
"Mid-Atlantic Standard Time" doesn't really exist either... and I had to change some names...
http://www.timeandda...eviations/timezones/ is more trustful in terms of "common" names...

Like I said before... a perfect list will never be possible... not only because a lot of countries use the same offset but got different names, but also because time zones change frequently... that's why the tz database exists... and that one determines the timezone by country... and doesn't have that useful abbreviations... Besides T-Clock doesn't know the country, using that Database will also bloat T-Clock to much.

edit @ 05/28/14, some spelling fixes..
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:15 AM by WhiteTigX »

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #520 on: February 06, 2014, 12:29 PM »

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #521 on: February 06, 2014, 04:39 PM »
forget about M$ functions, they simply won't work.
In this case it's either returning an abbreviation or full name....
http://social.msdn.m...correct-standardname

apu889

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #522 on: April 28, 2014, 12:28 PM »
can someone fixing AntiAliasing/ClearType text on Windows 8.1?
it still works on 8, but not 8.1  :-\

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #523 on: April 28, 2014, 03:17 PM »
guess it's not smooth enough for you? Have you tried other "Quality" settings? There isn't a best one actually.. some look better and others do not.. but this is from PC and OS to OS different... I use "... (Win7)" atm. but I don't necessarily have to.

HR

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #524 on: May 28, 2014, 06:40 AM »
Hi,

I used the fantastic T-Clock for years on my PC under XP professional 32bit. We now changed to Win7 enterprise 64bit. I downloaded TC2010 b.95, as well as some other modified versions mentioned here. But I could not get any of those to start, neither as std. user or localadmin. Clicking the .exe, nothing happens. No error message, nothing.

I could not find any hind on that here in the forum, so I ask the experts: what can be done to get a working T-Clock on my machine?

regards  Hans