topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:20 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: N.A.N.Y. 2021: RaptureReplica by KodeZwerg  (Read 37306 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: N.A.N.Y. 2021: RaptureReplica by KodeZwerg
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2020, 03:03 AM »
Looks interesting. I suggest you correct the spelling of "Rapture" otherwise the title is going to get the wrong kind of attention. :Thmbsup:

oh my god, "rap" "rape", i understand the difference and am sorry for that. will recompile and upload tomorrow a namefixed version.
Please sorry me!

And also near the top of the first post could use a short description of what it is used for, so you don't have to go hunt down the original thread to find out what it is.

will do, thanks for advice!
No problem rape the text and do what you like with the text.
In nowadays is possible. And the violence is everywhere.

:-* :P

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2020, 03:05 AM »
Thank you KodeZwerg, great job  :Thmbsup:

Pressing Space to control the opacity is pretty cool.

A small request:
Add ESC to quit after you start to grad the selected region. Because sometimes you may found you are not stayed in the target window. Even thought I can cancel it by simply right/left click on the screen, but there will be a blank item on your clipboard and taskbar.
And don't forget to add the tutorial video on Youtube to your post.
Nice idea indeed.
When I was young and begin to learn I was very fond to the text and the image, but now I am very fond of the animation and video.

;D

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2020, 03:26 AM »
AsusPortatil - 05_09_2020 , 9_26_40.pngN.A.N.Y. 2021: RaptureReplica by KodeZwerg i don't get it. What is this for ?

I have obtained a little window as showed. What can I do with that ?

:-\

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2020, 03:31 AM »
sure I am doing something wrong because when I presss control+alt+c appear a window of phrase express in my laptop.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2020, 03:46 AM »
Are floating provisional notes as screenshots to see in the monitor ?

can I paste anywhere ?

Can I save the gif file ?
Can I read the text in the gif file ?
Can I read the text in an image taken with rapturereplica ?

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2020, 04:55 AM »
Ejem
Achtung ! Achtung !
Be careful of Deozaan, tomos, chasnniel, Kunkel321, wraith808 because they are in DC for years and are very clever folks.
I suggest to take care of the simple user , the stupid user that lose everything.
Figure that I have been in DC for years loving the software and need to understand completely at the first sight.
 :-[ ;D

Of course it's my fault. But may be someone else in our world !!!!!

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2020, 10:20 AM »
I was going to suggest auto-saving opacity, but I see that it is already planned.   :Thmbsup:
It is already implemented in latest download  :D
I don't think this is working.   Maybe I'm doing it wrong?  I have changed autosave=0 to autosave=1 in the ini file.  Still it does not save to opacity.  I am using Win 10. 

Regarding the name, I think that "RaptureReplica" is a good name for it.  The common religious view of the rapture is that God will pick out his select few people and raise them up into the sky to be with him yadda yadda.    With your software, the user is selecting a portion of the screen to raise up and be on top of the other windows....   It's a good analogy.    "CaptureRapture" would've also been a good name. 

EDIT:  It might be good to put a date/time stamp or version number in the Manual.txt or maybe the .ini file as a ;comment.  Otherwise the old and new versions look identical to us users.  :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 10:35 AM by kunkel321 »

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2020, 10:32 AM »
[ Invalid Attachment ] i don't get it. What is this for ?
It is for times that you need to have information from one window visible, while you work in another window.  Perhaps there is a small table of numbers that you must enter into an Excel spreadsheet.  The table of numbers is in an email.  You cannot copy-n-paste because Excel messes up the formatting.  You must manually type the numbers in.  There are too many to remember, so you must view the table as you are typing into Excel.  If you have a computer with two monitors, put Excel in one monitor and put your email in the other monitor.   If you only have one single monitor though, it is hard to have both things visible at once.  RaptureReplica will allow you to open the email, copy the image of the table, then minimize your email program and open Excel.  You will be able to work in Excel, but will the image of the data table will be visible on top of it.  This is only one example. 

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2020, 07:44 PM »
[ Invalid Attachment ] i don't get it. What is this for ?
It is for times that you need to have information from one window visible, while you work in another window.  Perhaps there is a small table of numbers that you must enter into an Excel spreadsheet.  The table of numbers is in an email.  You cannot copy-n-paste because Excel messes up the formatting.  You must manually type the numbers in.  There are too many to remember, so you must view the table as you are typing into Excel.  If you have a computer with two monitors, put Excel in one monitor and put your email in the other monitor.   If you only have one single monitor though, it is hard to have both things visible at once.  RaptureReplica will allow you to open the email, copy the image of the table, then minimize your email program and open Excel.  You will be able to work in Excel, but will the image of the data table will be visible on top of it.  This is only one example. 
I am the fool with the desktop with 6 monitors.
But I have understand and is useful.

I am using too Abbyy Screenshot reader as freeware for capture screens with text in the image and OCR.

But the case of a calc or an excel, even in the case of my six monitors , I think is useful RaptureReplica.

Note : I don't see now how i download a registered free version, but I did....

:P

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2020, 01:38 AM »
I don't think this is working.   Maybe I'm doing it wrong?  I have changed autosave=0 to autosave=1 in the ini file.  Still it does not save to opacity.  I am using Win 10. 

If you followed my, okay i admit it is strange to read, short manual, all would be fine.

More detailed explaination to let AutoSave=1 work like it should be:
1. put the .exe and the .ini  not in a windows protected folder
   on my system i have a "Tools" partition where windows aint the boss.
   example: F:\Tools\RaptureReplica
2. edit and save the .ini with AutoSave=1
3. run the .exe = all will be fine

if running from/within windows protected folders (like c:\programs\), my .exe need administrator rights be able to write.

if it is to hard to handle to have autosave enabled, i can rewrite the .ini part to save in %appdata% folder, just ask for.
(currently my application has no uninstaller, thats why i do not use %appdata% for now)

Version numbering i will integrate with next release, currently are just 3 public builds made so far.
2 x beta, 1 x final (the current build)

Thank you kunkel321 to explain Contro for what this application is made for.
@Contro, as written in Post #1 i will never add "save image" capability, even if its just a few lines of code, that would violate with screenshotcaptor from mouser.
@Contro some text from you my translator simply just answered with "?", if i missed an important line, please repeat, no offense.

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2020, 09:32 AM »
@KodeZwerg:  Thank you for the explanation.  The location is indeed non protected (C:\PortableApps\RaptureReplica).  I am not an administrator of my machine so I must use non protected locations--very frustrating.  Anyway, I did get RR to save the ImageOpacity.   To do this, I manually changed the "OpacityImage" key in the .ini file, as shown below:

Code: Text [Select]
  1. [Options]
  2. AutoSave=1
  3. OpacityGrab=100
  4. OpacityImage=255
  5. InvertColors=0

After I manually change the OpacityImage key to "255" then it saves as expected. 

@Contro:  Yes, ABBYY has the best object character recognition (OCR) technology!  It is great.  If anyone wants to check out a good freeware OCR tool, check out http://capture2text.sourceforge.net/ Capture2Text is very capable.  It uses Tesseract OCR technology though (which is open source).  I find that Tesseract will not capture a data table correctly,  but tools using ABBYY technology will.  For capturing scanned text documents, though, both technologies are equally good.  If a person wishes to convert an entire large document, check out the free https://sourceforge....ojects/gimagereader/

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2020, 09:47 PM »
An odd bug just showed up...  I think it might have to do with my dual-monitor setup(?)  I managed to capture a quick screencast and save it as a .gif (attached below).  Anyway, if I select a small rectangle, then an additional "ghost" rectangle is drawn below it.  When I release the mouse button, the selection is extended so that it includes the ghost rectangle...  Hard to explain, but check out the gif.  Make sure to view at zoom = 100%.

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2020, 01:44 AM »
Thanks alot for info about .ini problem!
Even if it dont appear on my machine, I will investigate, hopefully fix it and redo my mechanism to never need any write permissions anymore at all. (hello %appdata%)

What's fascinating by watching your GIF (that really helps!) is the fact that your build uses a rectangle technique that I allready dropped, just guessing: bad code from my side.
I will check it out!

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2020, 05:42 PM »
Regarding the ghost rectangle, I think I figured out what causes it...  My laptop has an external monitor that is larger than the monitor of the laptop.  Win 10 lets you define how they line up with each other (screenshot)
https://i.imgur.com/ALQochO.png

I had it so that the bottom edges were lined up.  Now it's changed so the tops are lined up as in the screenshot.   Like this, RR seemed to work as expected (see new gif). 

I think what happened is that some applications reference the location of the screen by comparing it with the top/left corner.  The top/left corner is x0,y0.  But if the other monitor is above this "y0" position, I think that certain apps get confused.  One of my favorite little apps is CrossHair by Mike Lin https://download.cne...r/mike-lin/i-6285142   It sometimes has the same problem if I'm in dual monitor mode.   

I'm not a programmer so I don't know if this is possible, but I think the solution might be to ensure that all of the graphics objects reference the x.y coordinates of monitor 1.  Make sure that none of them reference the coordinates of the "work space" or the "desktop area."  I don't know.... Like I said I'm not a programmer!   :D

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2020, 01:56 AM »
I'm not a programmer so I don't know if this is possible, but I think the solution might be to ensure that all of the graphics objects reference the x.y coordinates of monitor 1.  Make sure that none of them reference the coordinates of the "work space" or the "desktop area."  I don't know.... Like I said I'm not a programmer!   :D
When next week a .ini-fixed version is uploaded, I will integrate a switch in .ini, to test out different mechanism.

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2020, 08:00 AM »
An odd bug just showed up...
Since i can not reconstruct your hardware setup, still searching to "blind-fix" it, I might have found a possible victim.
Is your Windows configured for "One-Click" actions? iE: one left click on icon results in windows open/run icons target.
Or that might be another bug that could occur :-\

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2020, 08:41 AM »
Is your Windows configured for "One-Click" actions?

No, it's normal  double-click.  On Windows taskbar or Start Menu, then yes, one click.   For items on Desktop, or items in File Manager though, it is double click. 

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2020, 01:30 AM »
Good day kunkel321, may I ask if you could check if ScreenShotCapture has the same "bug"?
If not, I will dig deeper. For now I did not find any good fix yet.

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2020, 06:55 PM »
Good day kunkel321, may I ask if you could check if ScreenShotCapture has the same "bug"?
If not, I will dig deeper. For now I did not find any good fix yet.
Unfortunately it still has the bug.  Notice the new gif.  First half of gif is with the top of my screens aligned and all is well.  Last half is with bottoms aligned and the bug happens.   This time I also tried dragging the rectangle from top-to-bottom, and the bug is even weirder!  Check it out. 

Would it be possible to put a version number in the INI file?  Like:

Code: Text [Select]
  1. [Options]
  2. ;RaptureReplica version 9-15-2020
  3. AutoSave=1
  4. OpacityGrab=100
  5. OpacityImage=255
  6. InvertColors=0

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2020, 02:00 AM »
Yesterday mouser gave me a clue how he do it within his mighty ScreenshotCapture.
What to say, he does mostly do same things internal like I do = same/similar "bug".

I should be able to upload modified version with more options on this friday.

Planned are 2 different winapi rectangle styles in hope that it help.
Ini will be complete revised.
In program folder there will be just 2 options, in %APPDATA% the rest.

2 options are:
AutoSave=1  // to activate save feature, 0 off, 1 on
AutoLoad=1  // to activate load ini from %APPDATA%, default 1 on

That control how my app work internal.

For friday release, program folders Ini also has:
RecStyle=0  // style 0 or 1, maby i find more ways.... lets see

Yes, I can include version numbering inside Ini file if it helps, but more in that way (example):
Version=0.1.2.3
Ofc the app gets a version number too :-)

And huge thanks for that scary Gif!!! I am ashamed how my app work under that condition.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2020, 04:46 AM »
Yes, I can include version numbering inside Ini file if it helps, but more in that way (example):
Version=0.1.2.3
wont you have to replace the ini file with each update then -- will settings be lost?
Tom

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2020, 05:00 AM »
Version=0.1.2.3
wont you have to replace the ini file with each update then -- will settings be lost?
Inside my app that value has no effect. Ini that goes to %APPDATA% would write current version number, Ini in program folder I need to update by hand each time.
My plan would be, Ini inside Program folder get oldest Version number that support its basics.
In my that case would be a fresh number anyway because new "AutoLoad" entry.

I hope I am understandable.

Regards and thanks for your thought!

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2021, 03:10 PM »
Haha, the round-up made me find this tool ... thank you, a very handy idea! I will try it when I’m on Windows again.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2021, 10:16 AM »

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2021, 01:21 PM »
Cool.  It's a good app.  I've been using it regularly.