topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: N.A.N.Y. 2021: RaptureReplica by KodeZwerg  (Read 37299 times)

mojitomaestro

• Participant
  • Joined in 2021
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: N.A.N.Y. 2021: RaptureReplica by KodeZwerg
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2021, 07:35 PM »
I've downloaded RaptureReplica.7z but MalwareBytes Premium has detected it as Malware (MachineLearning/Anomalous 100%). I assume this is a false positive. Has anyone else got this problem?

**update**
Malwarebytes have updated their definitions and the app is no longer flagged as malware.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 03:36 AM by mojitomaestro, Reason: update »

panzer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2021, 03:09 AM »
Could you crop a circle-like region or does it have to be a rectangular one?

It would be great if you could add text to it like comments, underlined important parts of the text etc. so you can send it to someone and you wont have to send comments in the mail separately for example ...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 03:26 AM by panzer »

mojitomaestro

• Participant
  • Joined in 2021
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2021, 03:41 AM »
I have a 3 monitor setup (2 landscape 1920x1080, 1 portrait. 1080x1920) and get issues with the screenshot containing information from different screens.
If I capture a small area my screenshot will show a lot more than what I snipped.
I see from this thread multi monitor has been a problem.
Is there anything I need to do to get it working properly?

orbis

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Problems with extended dual monitors
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2021, 05:01 AM »
@KodeZwerg, a great little app. Thanks! [This is posted in the right forum page this time!]

On Windows 10 Pro, I use an external monitor as my main monitor, with display 2 (external monitor) and laptop monitor (display 1) linked so as to extend 1.pngN.A.N.Y. 2021: RaptureReplica by KodeZwerg. Thus I can move stuff from one monitor to the other by drag-and drop.

When I use RaptureReplica on either monitor, the area grabbed does not stop when I release the left mouse button. The grabbed area extends itself to cover that vertical portion grabbed, but horizontally across both screens.

Grabbing a small portion of the laptop monitor (2.png is what I grabbed) gives rise to a much wider grab (3.pngN.A.N.Y. 2021: RaptureReplica by KodeZwerg). (The external monitor part of the actual grab is part of the DC page, which I had open on the external monitor at the time.)

I hope I have explained this okay?

Could you find a way to limit the grab to whichever are of the one screen on which I use the mouse for that purpose?

Thanks!

mojitomaestro

• Participant
  • Joined in 2021
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2021, 11:35 AM »
@orbis what you described is the same behaviour I have seen. I understand your words and I'm not sure how to describe it either. Basically I capture a small area but the screenshot extends to include the monitor on right and screenshot itself is longer in length than the area selected.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 11:49 AM by mojitomaestro »

orbis

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2021, 11:49 AM »
@mojitomaestro: Precisely that. I'm glad it's not just me! I hope there will be a solution.

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2021, 10:27 AM »
Argh!  Chrome is blocking Rapture Replica...  Thinks it is a vitus...   >:(

idenikus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2021
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2021, 04:17 PM »
Firstly I'd like to thanks KodeZwerg for this wonderful program. But I have a strange glitch- There are some strange lines that left on an image screen after I too a shot. Like this:
snapx4278.JPGN.A.N.Y. 2021: RaptureReplica by KodeZwerg
And If the author is going to improve this program, it would be cool if in addition to the invert color option, he will make an possibility to flip the image in a vertical and horizontal projection.

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2021, 04:35 PM »
Thank you all for bug reporting,
I do finally put more time in this project and will rewrite from scratch, same workflow, proper multimonitor support, proper config file support.

Be patient and excuse my absense.

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2021, 10:52 AM »
Hopefully Chrome won't keep blocking this version :- /

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2021, 03:42 PM »
Hopefully Chrome won't keep blocking this version :- /
I am really pissed off what your browser does. Please excuse me for this situation!
Screenshot - 31_03.pngN.A.N.Y. 2021: RaptureReplica by KodeZwerg
No problems with Opera browser (virus check enabled) and active Kaspersky AntiVirus.

But I do fully admit that this
Screenshot - 31_03 002.pngN.A.N.Y. 2021: RaptureReplica by KodeZwerg
is my bad!! Compressing executable was not best idea I had

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2021, 04:25 PM »
Actually I just tried it again and Chrome did not block it.  My antivirus did though.  Windows Defender I think.  I'm not an admin of my machine, so I can't 'whitelist' it, unfortunately. 

RR blocked.pngN.A.N.Y. 2021: RaptureReplica by KodeZwerg

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2021, 04:42 PM »
Actually I just tried it again and Chrome did not block it.  My antivirus did though.  Windows Defender I think.  I'm not an admin of my machine, so I can't 'whitelist' it, unfortunately.
Screenshot - 31_03 003.pngN.A.N.Y. 2021: RaptureReplica by KodeZwerg
Post #1 contain now a uncompressed version. VirusTotal say: Nothing on any Engine found. I hope this will be working until I publish new version with above things fixed.

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2021, 05:24 PM »
Post #1 contain now a uncompressed version. VirusTotal say: Nothing on any Engine found. I hope this will be working until I publish new version with above things fixed.
Yes this version is working -- Thanks for the update!

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2022, 02:56 PM »
A year since my last post on this thread and I still use RaptureReplica on a regular basis.  I wanted to share a tip that I recently learned regarding scaling.  Lot's off apps can have problems if Windows is set to scale fonts at 125% (or anything other than 100%).    This can sometimes be fixed by locating the executable (in this case RaptureReplica.exe) and changing the properties.  (see also image).  Right-click the exe, choose Properties at the bottom of the context menu, then go to the Compatibility tab, then click "Change high DPI settings" then checkmark to Override and let the app be in charge of the scaling. 
RapRep 2022-01-16_12-48-45.pngN.A.N.Y. 2021: RaptureReplica by KodeZwerg

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2022, 05:06 AM »
I am sorry for my long time being absent  :o
In Post #1 I have uploaded an updated version to hopeful support multi monitor without any strange behaviors.
If someone can confirm it; It would make me happy.

idenikus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2021
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2022, 09:12 AM »
Is there really updated new version? It looks like the old one...

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2022, 11:53 AM »
Is there really updated new version? It looks like the old one...
Yes, it was intended to fix two errors at once, one error was that on multi monitor the "grabbing rectangle" was drawn incorrect and another was that from multi monitor wrong parts was snapped.
I can not test for myself but was focusing those mistakes.
So all i hope is that those things are fixed now   :-[

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2022, 02:19 PM »
Ugh...  Chrome and Norton are being jerks.  I just wrote a reply to this thread and the stupid virus warning screen made me lose the entire message.  Anyway...   I wanted to say thanks for the update KodeZwerg!  It seems to work perfectly!  My setup is that my main laptop monitor is set at 125% and my external monitor is 100%.  I did multiple selections with RaptureReplica, dragging diagonally in all four directions.  I did this on both monitors and it worked perfectly.  I even did a selection across both monitors and it worked. 

If anyone reads this, and they aren't able to download the RaptureReplica zip file with Chrome (like I wasn't), I recommend just using FireFox (which I did). 

Thanks again KZ!  I've been using RR consistently since you first posted it! 

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2022, 02:33 PM »
I am so glad that it finally works for multi monitor, even different scaled  :Thmbsup:
What else needs a fix, i visit now more often back to read an update if needed anything else  :-* (I guess multi monitor was the biggest bug, so happy that its gone, you cant imagine  8) )
And again, sorry that it needed that long for me  :-[

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2022, 02:38 PM »
If anyone reads this, and they aren't able to download the RaptureReplica zip file with Chrome (like I wasn't), I recommend just using FireFox (which I did). 
I do not know whats the difference between chrome and firefox, are they saying it is virus?
(I use opera webbrowser and never had problems but ofc nobody needs opera to just download my file... i really do not know how to fix that)
The .exe inside is not compressed/modified, it is like compiler gave it and ofc no malware or virus is attached from me.

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2022, 11:24 AM »
I am so glad that it finally works for multi monitor, even different scaled  :Thmbsup:
What else needs a fix, i visit now more often back to read an update if needed anything else  :-* (I guess multi monitor was the biggest bug, so happy that its gone, you cant imagine  8) )
And again, sorry that it needed that long for me  :-[
It's all good.  The scaling issue was minor and easy to work around.  I'm not aware of anything else that needs to be fixed.   If you are looking for feature requests...  I can come up with a few.   :P

I do not know whats the difference between chrome and firefox, are they saying it is virus?
(I use opera webbrowser and never had problems but ofc nobody needs opera to just download my file... i really do not know how to fix that)
The .exe inside is not compressed/modified, it is like compiler gave it and ofc no malware or virus is attached from me.

It's the Norton add-in that is causing trouble.  It blocks every singe donationcoder page.  I'm usually able to click the "proceed anyway" button.  I don't even remember installing the add-in. 

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2022, 03:44 PM »
It's the Norton add-in that is causing trouble.  It blocks every singe donationcoder page.  I'm usually able to click the "proceed anyway" button.  I don't even remember installing the add-in.
:o Ohhh, I did not know that Norton block this domain, I use something from Russia  :-[
If you are looking for feature requests...  I can come up with a few.   :P
When its doable, I can try  :Thmbsup:
My own idea would be maybe something like multiple shots support, that you can have more than one on a screen and rightclick to terminate one shot...

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2022, 03:49 PM »
Firstly I'd like to thanks KodeZwerg for this wonderful program. But I have a strange glitch- There are some strange lines that left on an image screen after I too a shot. Like this:
[ Invalid Attachment ]
And If the author is going to improve this program, it would be cool if in addition to the invert color option, he will make an possibility to flip the image in a vertical and horizontal projection.
Do you still having that lines drama with my latest build?

When I am bored and have a free time I could think about your whish but:
What does flip mean, mirror the image or rotate it? Both I never have done before but I guess it is possible  :up:

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2022, 04:02 PM »
Could you crop a circle-like region or does it have to be a rectangular one?

It would be great if you could add text to it like comments, underlined important parts of the text etc. so you can send it to someone and you wont have to send comments in the mail separately for example ...
Grabbing as circle is not really planned but Idea with adding Text can be realized nut would need longer time to do.
A quick thing could be by adding a sizable free editable text fied (basic stuff, white background, black text)
A more time consuming but doable thing would be to add an "Add Line" feature that writes direct (transparent) on the image, and you could add as much as you want .... (font must be setup via basic font dialog)
Need for both a little thinking about how to integrate that at all since my app has no UI  :-\