topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Clipboard Help+Spell Extended Clipboard Format Data Discussion Thread  (Read 77334 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Clipboard Help+Spell Extended Clipboard Format Data Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2020, 01:24 AM »
What hasn't been looked it is do both clips restore correctly when pasted somewhere that is supposed to be able to interpret the data?
they look exactly the same when pasted back in Inkscape.
Here three different (should be identical) clips:

Screenshot - 2020-02-25 , 08_22_51.jpgClipboard Help+Spell Extended Clipboard Format Data Discussion Thread
Tom

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2020, 05:00 PM »
I wonder what would happen if that errant piece that the hash is different on was just excluded?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2020, 10:14 PM »
I encountered an issue with the new alpha version after using it for several days where it wasn't updating the clip info as I was adding new clips, and the latest clip wasn't showing in the quick-paste popup menu, and had to restart the program to get it to resume..  Just a heads up.

djMot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm noticing something with this beta. 

Although I have "Start with Windows" checked in the settings, it is not.  Frustrating because, after a restart, I'll be going along normally, and merrily cutting and copying away, only to find CHS isn't running and I have nothing but my last clip.

Can you confirm what I'm seeing here Mouser?  Is there something I need to do to fix this or wait for you to do something.

Thanks!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm not sure why it wouldn't obey the start at startup, option, but I will check.
I have noticed that the new beta is much SLOWER to start, which I have to check out.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm not sure why it wouldn't obey the start at startup, option, but I will check.
I have noticed that the new beta is much SLOWER to start, which I have to check out.
FWIW on windows 7 does start on reboot, but very slow as you say

On another note:
sometimes clips are not pasted properly -- a previous clip is pasted. When I look in the Quick-paste list, the correct clip shows top of the list (and pastes correctly when I select it). Has happened a few times (and I'm not using CHS intensively). Will keep an eye out to see if it happens again and if I notice anything in common with the instances.
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Updated with various improvements; support for proper handling of special Metafile data formats. The clipboard format interrogator also now lets you copy single formats to the clipboard -- useful for testing.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Updated with various improvements; support for proper handling of special Metafile data formats. The clipboard format interrogator also now lets you copy single formats to the clipboard -- useful for testing.
I wanted to report that CHS is making duplicate clips from html text copied twice or more e.g. from the forum -- this is resolved with latest release. The clips are recognised as duplicates and only one copy shown on quick-paste list.
:up:

Copying the same vector clip twice is *not* recognised as duplicated clip. When I have some time I will try and look at what you suggest (just copying one format at a time).
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Copying the same vector clip twice is *not* recognised as duplicated clip.

My *guess* is that this is because there is some data in one of the formats that is changing -- probably because of a time stamp.
The solution in that case will be some advanced rule to ignore a certain format (or just ignore its hash value).

The trick will be to look at the hash values of the formats in those two vector clips that look identical.  Let me know what you find.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Just uploaded a minor update with new feature in the Clipboard Blob Interrogator: You can now right click on a format and save that one format to a file.  Useful for debugging formats and comparing formats, etc.

I think you'll find when you do that, that the two "seemingly" identical clips actually have some (inconsequential) differences.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 12:42 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Also, the reason the new CHS was slower for me was that I have the options to backup and optimize the database when the program starts, and with all the large clips this process was taking longer, hence the slower startup times.  I added a tray message to announce when backing up was occurring, and if you have a slow backup you might want to consider disabling the backup on startup function.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The files that are different are the svg files.

Screenshot - 2020-03-09 , 19_32_54.jpgClipboard Help+Spell Extended Clipboard Format Data Discussion Thread

Screenshot - 2020-03-09 , 19_32_58.jpgClipboard Help+Spell Extended Clipboard Format Data Discussion Thread

on the left from folder chs1, right is chs2
Clips look identical when pasted.

This looks to me like Inkscape is titling all 'id numbers' differently. I guess that could be filtered, (please note for me this not so important -- I'm going to save clips occasionally to favourites. Beyond that I wont mind duplicates... Willing to keep checking though if you want: my main machine is down so currently no access to illustrator.
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
No, that solves that issue.  I think for the most part its no big deal if you get duplicates.
Ideally it would be nice to be able to give CHS a rule like: ignore the hash of a specific format from a specific app.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Uploaded new version which knows how to get image data from the clipboard in more formats.  Try it with your inkscape and see how it does.
You should now see image thumbnails in your quick paste pop up menu and from within the clip grid, etc.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
And updated again with a bugfix for image capture.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Uploaded new version which knows how to get image data from the clipboard in more formats.  Try it with your inkscape and see how it does.
You should now see image thumbnails in your quick paste pop up menu and from within the clip grid, etc.
yes, working well, thanks!
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Great  :Thmbsup:

Let me know any bugs or feature requests..

The thing I'm dreading the most is adding some advanced rule system to let people control what formats get ignored..
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 12:31 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
But please do let me know if you have any weird behavior.. I need to make sure I didn't break anything before I can put this into wider testing..

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Updated so that even folks who have CHS set to only save plaintext, will still use the new url-grabbing feature to record the source url from web page text captures.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FWIW I'm not using it very intensively, but it's doing fine so far
Tom

djMot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FWIW, I'm using it every day, all day.  It's mainly working fine and I think I've resolved the not-starting-with-Windows issue, although I can't explain how.  Might have something to do with multiple versions on the computer (portable beta vs non-portable normal release).  But I did get this error this morning:

2020-03-12_5-07-30.jpgClipboard Help+Spell Extended Clipboard Format Data Discussion Thread

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Were you doing anything when the error occurred?
Can you check what version you are running that gave that error, and see if there is anything about the error at the bottom of the Troubleshooting Log page in the options?

djMot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I don't see anything here that related to the error.  I took the screenshot Thursday March 12, 2020 at 05:07:30 AM.  As I recall, I wasn't doing anything (because I was remoted into the PC that get the error) and was probably doing something on the local machine when it popped up on the remote.

This is the entire log:
::: [ Starting Clipboard Help+Spell v.2.47.17 on Monday March 09, 2020 at 07:07:59 AM ] :::
::: [ Program ends on Wednesday March 11, 2020 at 04:23:20 PM ] :::

::: [ Starting Clipboard Help+Spell v.2.47.17 on Wednesday March 11, 2020 at 04:33:38 PM ] :::
::: [ Starting Clipboard Help+Spell v.2.47.17 on Thursday March 12, 2020 at 11:47:18 AM ] :::

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You are using a version somewhat older.. Try installing the latest.

djMot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Really?  Because I downloaded and installed from the link on page 1 of this thread after reading your post on March 11, 2020, 03:54 PM (6 posts above this one) and there's been no further update announcement.  Is there a more official thread to get beta release notes and links?