|Application Name|| SCURLed |
|Version|| 1.0.0 |
|Short Description|| Easily batch edit Windows .LNK and .URL shortcut files. |
|Supported OSes|| Windows 7. Probably works, but not tested, on Windows XP/Vista/8/10. |
|Web Page|| Website |
|Download Link|| Download |
|System Requirements||Nothing out of the ordinary|
|Author|| Jody Holmes (Skwire Empire) |
The original request
was made by berkland
in the Coding Snacks section earlier this year. The request was for a batch editor of .LNK and .URL files.Features
- Easily edit .LNK and .URL files in single-mode, multiple-mode, and using find & replace (with or without regex, too).
- Initial changes are made to the listview. Final changes are only written to disk when you're satisfied with the list and click the save all button.
ScreenshotsNANY 2019 Release: SCURLed NANY 2019 Release: SCURLedNANY 2019 Release: SCURLed NANY 2019 Release: SCURLedNANY 2019 Release: SCURLed NANY 2019 Release: SCURLedUsageInstallation
- Option to choose the font used in the list.
- Undo/redo operations for the list changes.
Download the zip file and extract its contents into a new folder. Run SCURLed.exe.Using the Application
- Launch application.
- Add .LNK and/or .URL files to the list via drag'n'drop or via the menu commands.
- Explore the tabs and make changes. Click the "Apply changes to list button" as you make changes. The list will update, but no changes are actually made to the .LNK or .URL files.
- When ready, click the "Save all changes" button to write the changes to disk.
Exit the application and delete the folder you unzipped it to. No changes are made to the registry.Tips
See "Using the Application" section above.Known Issues
As this is the initial release, there are bound to be some bugs. Please work on copies of your .LNK and .URL files until you get the hang of the workflow and to ensure any bugs present do not mess up your production .LNK and .URL files.