topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:53 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Other app ideas based on WhenLast code  (Read 30856 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Other app ideas based on WhenLast code
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2018, 01:45 AM »
On google play store:
Yaaah!
I'm already happily adding daily 'tasks'.

Would be nice:
# if it showed number in spite of no streak limit being added i.e. if I don't define a streak length, and click the button, it remains at zero.
# if, when editing, I could delete last entry in history - currently can only delete all. Although is that just text that can be manually removed?

Planned?
Ability to define frequency of action. Ideally also more than once per day.

Thanks for this :up:
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2018, 06:51 AM »
For my needs PM has the disadvantage that I can do something ten times in one day, not at all for the next nine days, and still have the same score as if I did it each day.

I'm open to adding some complicated options for scoring.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2018, 06:53 AM »
# if, when editing, I could delete last entry in history - currently can only delete all. Although is that just text that can be manually removed?
Yeah, I'll work on improving this, it uses same system as WhenLast, in that the history has to be manually added.  Currently you can remove the last performed action by manually editing it and removing it.

# if it showed number in spite of no streak limit being added i.e. if I don't define a streak length, and click the button, it remains at zero.
Good point, I'll make it so if no streak length is set, it just shows a counter that doesn't reset.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2018, 06:58 AM »
Official NANY 2019 post for Point Motivator is here: https://www.donation...ndex.php?topic=46586
Future discussion of it should happen on that thread.

Official NANY 2019 post for Streak Tracker is here: https://www.donation...ndex.php?topic=46587
Future discussion of it should happen on that thread.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2018, 09:27 AM »
I'd say Point Motivator seems slightly more likely to be useful.

Yes, very!  I've started using it, and will give you (much) feedback  ;D :Thmbsup:

DeVamp

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Let the coding begin :-)
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2018, 09:29 AM »
One idea i had recently was for a simple checklist/chore app, where you could toggle quickly between an ALL-ITEM view and a TODO view.  So you would switch to the ALL-ITEM view, select a set of chores or todo items to activate, and then switch to the TODO view, where you would see only the items you have selected.  As you (or any sync'd devices) complete each one, you would click it and it would disappear from the TODO view, until you get down to an empty list.  In the ALL-ITEM view you would see when each item was last accomplished (and possibly by which device/user).

Very late to the discussions, but this looks like something I could use.

We have the habit of doing once a week the shopping of the important things for a whole week.
A lot of times, the same things come back, so that would be an excellent thin to have.

I can keep all the regular items in the main list and choose them and complete the todo list with more irregular items. :)

No clue if something could be integrated in the checklist DC?

Cheers.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2018, 07:06 AM »
The latest version of my checklist DC app will let you quickly toggle between viewing all, only checked, or only unchecked..  You can also organize items into tabs so you can easily switch between different groups of items.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2019, 12:56 PM »
Another wish probably not covered by WhenLast code: a decent cooking timer that allows you to save and recall named "scenarios," i.e. various times/titles for "put this veg on," "turn sausages," "put that veg on", "check pans," "Cooked!" etc., with a wide range of alarm sounds built in.  I use Big Clock, PocketDoan and Ramen on the Palm - sometimes all together...  I've seen plenty of Android timer apps, but none able to save a set of timers in a named group.
rj, this sounds very close to an idea that dc member ewemoa and i have been talking about.. groups of sequenced timers..
would love this idea.
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2019, 10:42 PM »
Can I see a show of hands for anyone using the dropbox multi-device sync functionality in my android apps?
Google recently announced that they were blocking certainly library builds and the dropbox library seems to have been abandoned by dropbox, meaning if I try to upload a new release of any of my apps, I'll have to strip out the multi-device sync feature that uses dropbox :(

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2019, 03:55 PM »
Another wish probably not covered by WhenLast code: a decent cooking timer that allows you to save and recall named "scenarios," i.e. various times/titles for "put this veg on," "turn sausages," "put that veg on", "check pans," "Cooked!" etc., with a wide range of alarm sounds built in.  I use Big Clock, PocketDoan and Ramen on the Palm - sometimes all together...  I've seen plenty of Android timer apps, but none able to save a set of timers in a named group.
rj, this sounds very close to an idea that dc member ewemoa and i have been talking about.. groups of sequenced timers..
would love this idea.

I should say that my needs in this area are now covered by two apps, both of which I strongly recommend:

I have paid-for copies of both, and am not up to date on the free ones, but as far as I know, you need the paid-for Jupiter Apps program to gain the ability to save and recall scenarios (but Android apps typically don't cost much).  Its UI isn't as determinedly slick a some, but it works, and the "clock face" is clear and bold.

The Millennium Apps one doesn't in fact offer save-and-recall scenarios, but it allows you to set as many timers as you want, check off the tickboxes of the ones you currently need, and set them all off together.  That means you can change scenarios quickly, if not quite as conveniently as the Jupiter Apps program.  However, Millennium Apps offer is a much more all-round reminder software, and it's the one I use on Android for most recurring and ad hoc alarms.  There are glitches, but it's more than good enough for most purposes.  Last time I looked, I thought the author was shooting himself in the foot by offering so much functionality in the free version.

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2019, 07:30 PM »
Can I see a show of hands for anyone using the dropbox multi-device sync functionality in my android apps?
I have it enabled and running but the only thing I ever used it for was to move a setup from one phone to another. There are other ways to do that - I can live without it.

-- bests, Tim

...this space unintentionally left blank.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2019, 12:06 AM »
I have it enabled and running but the only thing I ever used it for was to move a setup from one phone to another. There are other ways to do that - I can live without it.

I have for much the same reason- to sync between my devices.  But I could do without it also.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2019, 03:48 AM »
The Millennium Apps one doesn't in fact offer save-and-recall scenarios, but it allows you to set as many timers as you want, check off the tickboxes of the ones you currently need, and set them all off together.
this works very nicely, thanks!
It also allows very short alarms (e.g. a couple of seconds) which all I need if I by the phone.
Tom