Hi, ganymede4, and welcome to the DonationCoder forums.
Thank you for the warm welcome.
Are you using the beta from this post here: https://www.donation....msg368839#msg368839
In addition to the new features, I tried to improve the bug you mentioned in that beta, too.
Yes, I am using that one, v1.1.5 Build 166 dated 30/01/2015. I apologise, I should have mentioned that in my OP.
The bug doesn't seem to have any consistent vector. I would say it most often occurs when refreshing weekly view only, but I have noticed it when refreshing weekly view after
adding a new series from search. In addition, it has occurred after a manual refresh of all data. Is a daily backup of the watched.ini file a valid workaround? It seems the only way for me to save myself thousands of clicks.
If you're letting epCheck update the data automatically, it should only update the shows that have changed data (according to TheTVDB). So, even if a show is "ended", there's still a chance the data may have been edited. Now, if you go into the Options and choose the "Refresh all series data now" button, it will download each series' data no matter what.
Ah, thank you for the clarification. I suspected that the auto-refresh I was letting it do (usually every 3 days) was the culprit for the bug so I set it to zero and only ever used the "Refresh all series data now" button, which of course, as you mentioned, pulled down data for the entire database. I didn't realise that the auto-refresh was only pulling data for continuing or recently changed entries. So much for my bright idea feature request!
I will now use the auto-refresh set at 1 day and see how I go.
Judging by a quick glance at the forums, you are busy here but if you ever do find the time or inclination to squash this bug, I and others would be very appreciative. I love this app and have searched in vain for something similar to no avail. Thank you again for a really handy piece of software.