topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:02 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Why I Idolize Larry Ellison...  (Read 8588 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Why I Idolize Larry Ellison...
« on: August 15, 2013, 02:16 AM »
Larry Ellison is one of the greatest people person in history. He stands god-like above the rest of as a god for humanity.

His infinite wisdom dwarfs even that of His Noodly Divinity, the Great and Wonderful Flying Spaghetti Monster. Once I find a decal of Larry Ellison, it will replace the FSM on my car.

In his latest and perhaps greatest insights into the greater good for humanity, His Holiness Larry Ellison has professed the brilliance, magnificence, and benevolence of the surveillance state:

http://www.huffingto...2.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Larry Ellison, Oracle CEO: NSA Surveillance Is 'Great'

The chief executive of one of the country's biggest software companies thinks that NSA surveillance is "absolutely essential."

Oracle CEO Larry Ellison told Charlie Rose on Tuesday that he's unbothered by reports that the NSA is collecting phone records and monitoring internet user activity.

"Who's ever heard of this information being misused by the government? In what way?" Ellison asked.

"Let me just hear you clearly," Rose said. "You were saying whatever the NSA's doing is okay with me?"

"It's great," Ellison responded. "It's essential. By the way, President Obama thinks it's essential. It's essential if we want to minimize the kind of strikes we just had in Boston. It's absolutely essential."

Ellison added that if government surveillance were used for "political targeting," rather than to investigate possible terror threats, that would be crossing the line.

Several major tech companies have distanced themselves from the NSA in the wake of reports that the agency has been allowed to access their users' data. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Google CEO Larry Page both denied the allegations. Oracle was not among the companies linked to NSA surveillance programs, though the company, which specializes in database management systems, does a significant amount of business with the U.S. government.

While some databases, such as MySQL, may run companies, Oracle runs countries and the world.

With such massive computing requirements, the next questions is about how many DB techs, networks admins, programmers, analysts, BOFHs, and peripheral jobs are being created.

Larry cares about people, and it shows. He endorses more jobs for non-bad-guy types. What a guy! So selfless. Richard Stallman could take a few lessons from him!

I'm certain that his love for the greater good/surveillance state has nothing to do with Oracle licenses in data centers.

Hail His Holiness Ellison! 8)
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: Why I Idolize Larry Ellison...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 02:17 AM »
Hmmm... Just occurred to me... If I switch religions and ditch my colander, what kind of head gear do I need to worship Larry?

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 05:42 AM »
head_vise.jpg

(Drat, couldn't find that iconic picture of Uncle Fester...)
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 07:29 AM »
Typical Larry Ellison doing one of his "screw you" interviews. One more example of a pompous ass showing you just how much he cares about your knowing just how little he cares about anything you think.

Larry Ellison - into the notion of having massive intrusive government spying programs and databases on everybody

Larry_Elllison_on_stage.jpg

Adam Sutler (in V for Vendetta) - depends on having massive intrusive government spying programs and databases on everybody

n.jpg

Awesome - they even look alike! :P

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 09:44 AM »
Typical Larry Ellison doing one of his "screw you" interviews. One more example of a pompous ass showing you just how much he cares about your knowing just how little he cares about anything you think.

How can you say that about this great man? From the video, just listen to these words of wisdom!

Well, the great thing is we live in a democracy. If we don't like what NSA is doing, we always, we can just get rid of the government and put in a different government.

That just rings so true in my soul! How right he is! We are so blessed to live in a democracy! We get the government we all deserve want!

Oh democracy! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways! (Are you recording this? It's totally going to be an epic poem...)

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 11:31 AM »
Would someone please check Renegade's back yard for a large seed pod ... I think he's been replaced.

Vurbal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Mostly harmless
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 11:52 AM »
Not by coincidence Oracle has been one of the biggest spenders lobbying for CISPA over the last 2 1/2 years. Same for IBM who went so far as to send 200 executives to Washington in April to personally promote it. My reading on that is Mike Rogers, CISPA's primary backer, was probably making backroom deals with both companies promising big data center contracts.

As I said on another thread, when this all comes out eventually it's going to end up being a lot bigger than anybody on the outside realizes and Mike Rogers will probably be in the middle of everything.
I learned to say the pledge of allegiance
Before they beat me bloody down at the station
They haven't got a word out of me since
I got a billion years probation
- The MC5

Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the danger of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of ''crackpot'' than the stigma of conformity.
- Thomas J. Watson, Sr

It's not rocket surgery.
- Me

I recommend reading through my Bio before responding to any of my posts. It could save both of us a lot of time and frustration.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 11:57 AM »
Would someone please check Renegade's back yard for a large seed pod ... I think he's been replaced.

Don't worry, my child. One day you too will find faith, and perhaps even become exulted in His Holiness Larry Ellison's clergy, like myself, as an Elliphant. :P ;D The inner mysteries of the goodness of mass surveillance will be revealed to you, oh unbeliever, and to all!

Now repeat after me...

Our Larry, which art in the cloud,
hallowed be your PL/SQL.
Your application platform come,
your data server be installed,
in our data centers, as they are in NSA data centers.
SELECT for us this record set our daily query,
and forgive us our bugs,
as we have forgiven our junior programmers and database administrators.
And lead us not into ANSI SQL,
but deliver us from the FSF.
For thine is the data, the SQL and the query, forever and ever.
Amen.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 12:09 PM »
Ellison's first IT job was to develop a database name Oracle for the CIA while working as a contractor with Ampex IIRC.

"Once in The Company - forever in The Company," as the saying goes.

Need more be said? :-\

(Ok...maybe one more thing: He's a moron. Bright? Perhaps. But still a complete moron.)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:46 PM by 40hz »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 12:13 PM »

Don't worry, my child. One day you too will find faith, and perhaps even become exulted in His Holiness Larry Ellison's clergy, like myself, as an Elliphant. :P ;D The inner mysteries of the goodness of mass surveillance will be revealed to you, oh unbeliever, and to all!

I don't know... I was thinking to check for something a little more psychotropic. ;)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 12:22 PM »
I don't know... I was thinking to check for something a little more psychotropic. ;)

Hey, it's called "Oracle" for a reason. Where do you think the visions come from? ;D

Vurbal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Mostly harmless
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 12:24 PM »
Ellison's first IT job was to develop a database name Oracle or the CIA while working as a contractor with Ampex IIRC.

"Once in The Company - forever in The Company," as the saying goes.

Need more be said? :-\

(Ok...maybe one more thing: He's a moron. Bright? Perhaps. But still a complete moron.)

That's sadly the way brilliant people very often are.

William Shockley was arguably the most innovative contributor to the transistor but his near psychosis got him pushed out of Bell Labs. His persecution complex was so severe he moved all the way to the other side of the country and basically created Silicon Valley. A few years later most of Shockley Semiconductor's best and brightest (whom he called The Traitorous Eight) left to invent the microchip because he was living in his own little world. After that he spent most of his time and effort promoting Eugenics.
- The MC5

Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the danger of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of ''crackpot'' than the stigma of conformity.
- Thomas J. Watson, Sr

It's not rocket surgery.
- Me

I recommend reading through my Bio before responding to any of my posts. It could save both of us a lot of time and frustration.

Vurbal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Mostly harmless
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 12:26 PM »

Hey, it's called "Oracle" for a reason. Where do you think the visions come from? ;D

I get mine from the neighbor's dog.  :o

What?
- The MC5

- Thomas J. Watson, Sr

It's not rocket surgery.
- Me

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 12:32 PM »
I get mine from the neighbor's dog.  :o

Huh? Does that work? I thought it was only cats.

Vurbal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Mostly harmless
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 12:42 PM »
I guess it depends on your definition of work. Sometimes my idea of vision is indistinguishable from the ranting of someone who's bipolar.

You say potato. I say stem tuber from a perennial in the nightshade family.  :D
- The MC5

- Thomas J. Watson, Sr

It's not rocket surgery.
- Me

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 12:48 PM »
After that he spent most of his time and effort promoting Eugenics.

Unfortunately he was too late since he had already been born. :P

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 12:56 PM »

Ya know...normally... For something like this ... I'd say to alert the authorities, because obviously we're under some type of attack. But these days there's really no point in wasting the dime...because they're obviously behind it.

So... If somebody would be kind enough to flip on the bat(shit crazy)-signal, to dispatch an Anonymous deprogramming team to Ren's place ... That would be swell.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 08:08 PM »
Ya know...normally... For something like this ... I'd say to alert the authorities, because obviously we're under some type of attack. But these days there's really no point in wasting the dime...because they're obviously behind it.

So... If somebody would be kind enough to flip on the bat(shit crazy)-signal, to dispatch an Anonymous deprogramming team to Ren's place ... That would be swell.

Oh my god! What was I thinking?!? Thank god my wife saw my bizarre behaviour when I was taking apart the microwave, blender, a set of speakers, and reassembling them into an intergalactic brainwave transducer and thought transmogrifier.

Luckily she was fast thinking and put my tinfoil hat back on! I am now again impervious to their mind-control beams, and back to normal... We have the extra-strength tinfoil at home here, so even if they crank up the juice, I should be safe!

Funny though... I still have this unusual urge to SELECT, UPDATE, and DELETE something...

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 07:59 AM »
Looks like you did a DROP and likely included CASCADE...but forgot to PURGE.