topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:42 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Dopus 10 : Some question about it.  (Read 18613 times)

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Dopus 10 : Some question about it.
« on: February 09, 2012, 02:31 AM »
Although i have been  using Dopus for few weeks and although i am not a great fan of it or any other explorer for that matter but once in a while i realize its great to have them, so i install Dopus 10 and one thing i am really bothered is the way i want the folder of any drive to look the way i want i.e., File View in List and Sort by Types and i want this setup to be permanent in every folder i view and next time i logg in the PC or Restart the PC i want Dopus to remember that setup can i do that also the icon in the Tray icon is really bothering , i.e., when i want Dopus to exit the icon sits in the Tray icon, please see the picture.

Although i would like some suggestion as to which versions have been well durable and stable in all these releases of Dopus.
ClipDiary 5.3/ Smadav 2018/ Some Sense

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Dopus 10 : Some question about it.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 02:49 AM »
You only #think# you want it to exit, but actually you don't!... .  :P sorry!
The reason is of course that DOpus takes up very little resources, when it sits in the tray. If closing it also was exiting it, you would complain that it was too slow launching. Anyway, it has "exit" two places; one in "File", and one in the tray icon's right-click menu.

Consumption when closed to tray:

2012-02-09_094242.gif

BTW: I am not a fan of DOpus, merely a user.

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 03:03 AM »
I know that the icon sit in the tray but that's not the issue i want Dopus to exit once i close it from the Interface and once its closed i dont want the icon sitting in the Tray....i do know right clickin it and exiting it again is something i already know.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 03:38 AM »
I'm no expert with changing folder layout format. I know it was very complicated in past versions, but I presume one of these options would work for you:

right-click a column header ->Select "More" at the bottom of the list.
Adjust your settings, click save; you then get these options

Screenshot - 2012-02-09 , 10_28_33.png

I presume the last option is what you want - but note that this might remove custom-default formats for e.g. music (maybe someone else could confirm that?)

Dopus FAQ thread on the topic here

EDIT/ I'm not actually sure what exactly they mean by a "layout"... :-\

EDIT2/ this FAQ guide might be better Folder Formats: Quick Guide
Tom
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 03:43 AM by tomos, Reason: added quick guide link »

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 04:06 AM »
also the icon in the Tray icon is really bothering , i.e., when i want Dopus to exit the icon sits in the Tray icon, please see the picture.

2012-02-09_21-04-33.jpg

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 04:41 AM »
I'm no expert with changing folder layout format. I know it was very complicated in past versions, but I presume one of these options would work for you:

(see attachment in previous post)
I presume the last option is what you want - but note that this might remove custom-default formats for e.g. music (maybe someone else could confirm that?)

Dopus FAQ thread on the topic here

EDIT/ I'm not actually sure what exactly they mean by a "layout"... :-\

EDIT2/ this FAQ guide might be better Folder Formats: Quick Guide

I didn't understand that part can you please rephrase that , which column is that, i can't find that.

Thank you ,

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 05:03 AM »
^ hmm...
you're using "List" view arent you - there's no columns in that view, so my instructions are useless :D

Try the 2nd link in my post above - will show you another route to get there

Tom

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 09:11 PM »
also the icon in the Tray icon is really bothering , i.e., when i want Dopus to exit the icon sits in the Tray icon, please see the picture.

Thank 4wd, you are always their with every problem i come up with and you have all the suggestion their is available and something i can comprehend with, although i still can't get the folder view to be in View List and Sort it by Type: although same thing can be easily remembered by XYplorer and its simply light weight and versatile.

Achieving the same thing here at Dopus will make it more versatile compared to its installer size and service running in the background. Hoggind the memory and achieving something meagre simply looks useless. I think i will end up with unistalling this Dopus.

Why dont they make it versatile, hey Q-Dir does what i want it to do.
Any suggestion or outlook on this. i.e, Dopus.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 11:53 PM »
although i still can't get the folder view to be in View List and Sort it by Type:

Do you mean you want any lister you open to be in List view sorted by Type?

If that's the case, then:

a) Switch folder view to Details, you can do this by right-clicking on a blank spot in the lister, (ie. not a file/folder entry, button, border, etc), and selecting View->Details
NOTE: If you have Full Row select turned on then you need to right-click below the list of files/folders otherwise you'll just open the normal context menu.

2012-02-11_17-21-58.jpgDopus 10 : Some question about it.

b) Click on the Type column header to sort by Type
The Type column is normally one of the default columns after DOpus has been installed, if you don't have it then right-click on the Name column header and checkmark Type in the menu that appears.

2012-02-11_16-48-02.jpgDopus 10 : Some question about it.  2012-02-11_17-41-15.jpgDopus 10 : Some question about it.

c) Switch folder view to back to List, right-click in a blank spot and select View->List

2012-02-11_16-48-25.jpgDopus 10 : Some question about it.

d) Set as Default Lister

2012-02-11_16-48-36.jpgDopus 10 : Some question about it.

Any lister you now open will be in List view sorted by Type unless there is a saved layout for that particular folder.

NOTE: To be able to sort by a property, (Name, Size, Type, etc), in List view, the corresponding property column has to be visible in Details view.

eg. Details view on left doesn't have Type column, ergo, List view on right doesn't have Sort By Type option.

2012-02-11_17-05-01.jpgDopus 10 : Some question about it.

PS. @tranglos: I am going to delete that mp3....honest!  I'm just a bit lazy....there, it's finally gone (I didn't like it anyway - sorry) :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 12:46 AM by 4wd »

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 08:27 AM »
although i still can't get the folder view to be in View List and Sort it by Type:

Do you mean you want any lister you open to be in List view sorted by Type?

If that's the case, then:

a) Switch folder view to Details, you can do this by right-clicking on a blank spot in the lister, (ie. not a file/folder entry, button, border, etc), and selecting View->Details
NOTE: If you have Full Row select turned on then you need to right-click below the list of files/folders otherwise you'll just open the normal context menu.
b) Click on the Type column header to sort by Type
The Type column is normally one of the default columns after DOpus has been installed, if you don't have it then right-click on the Name column header and checkmark Type in the menu that appears.
 (see attachment in previous post)   (see attachment in previous post)
c) Switch folder view to back to List, right-click in a blank spot and select View->List
d) Set as Default Lister
Any lister you now open will be in List view sorted by Type unless there is a saved layout for that particular folder.

NOTE: To be able to sort by a property, (Name, Size, Type, etc), in List view, the corresponding property column has to be visible in Details view.

eg. Details view on left doesn't have Type column, ergo, List view on right doesn't have Sort By Type option.

PS. @tranglos: I am going to delete that mp3....honest!  I'm just a bit lazy....there, it's finally gone (I didn't like it anyway - sorry) :)

Thanks for this pointers with the pictures it is really helpful and that is what differentiate you with the other donation coders , with your selfless act and a willingness to help people, i feel i have a little bit of me in you in regards to .

Thank you 4wd: and please be around.....

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 11:40 AM »
Hello just wanted to give a heads up, i happened to get the setup of Dopus : the way i wanted by changing these settings.
I am using Dopus 9.1.3.0.3449

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/540/65931492.png

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9637/89156966.png

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4077/29634766.png

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9485/69381589.png

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1336/81605770.png

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 11:13 AM »
Hello folks, i have a little problem while using Dopus 10.2.0.0 (4645) , after fiddling around, maily the folder option, i got it how i wanted the to display the folder columns, that's all good.
But every time i open Dopus the two panel windows show same drive i.e., C:\ please see the snapshot for what i mean.

Dopus.png
So i want first panel to show C: and the other F: How do i do that. Any suggestion.
  This version of Dopus 10.2.0.0 (4645) looks and feel more stable and responsive, just giving it another go before i decide to uninstall it again.

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 11:21 AM »
Tip: When trying to edit out part of an image, don't use transparent fill if trying to hide/obscure something  ;D
The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

dr_andus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Dr Andus's toolbox
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 12:04 PM »
In case this is of help to anyone (and you don't want to descend into DOpus customisation hell :) ), I've found  Andy’s custom configuration and icons very helpful. All you need to do is download and install his template and icons and using DOpus suddenly gets a whole lot easier.

edbro

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 12:20 PM »
Hello folks, i have a little problem while using Dopus 10.2.0.0 (4645) , after fiddling around, maily the folder option, i got it how i wanted the to display the folder columns, that's all good.
But every time i open Dopus the two panel windows show same drive i.e., C:\ please see the snapshot for what i mean.
 (see attachment in previous post)So i want first panel to show C: and the other F: How do i do that. Any suggestion.

Change the other pane to what you want then save it as the default lister. Settings > Set as Default Lister

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 07:34 PM »
All you need to do is download and install his template and icons and using DOpus suddenly gets a whole lot easier.

Only if you think the same way he does  ;)

eg. Pull down menus for almost everything which add an extra step not to mention that little arrow is a smaller target to hit than an icon.

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 04:45 AM »
Change the other pane to what you want then save it as the default lister. Settings > Set as Default Lister
Thanks , i knew it was somewhere near, its really screws your head when you are multitasking in the heat of things, and that too with Dopus, which i feel is still the most complicated file explorer i have used.  Thanks for the tip and i will paying more visits to Andy’s custom configuration and icons: what choice do i have here.

Anyways happy holidays and Merry Chritmas in advance.

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2013, 12:51 PM »
Hello again, thought i would continue with my question and answer session about Dopus in an old thread rather then creating one, at the moment i am using  DOpus 10.5, and i want to switch between tab that was created by using the Hotkey Ctrl+T,  does anyone know the hotkeys to"
  • please see the snapshot below: could i remove the FTP button and Favourite button from the toolbar.

dopus.png
Awaiting some suggestions.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:04 PM by hulkbuster »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2013, 04:21 PM »
Hello again, thought i would continue with my question and answer session about Dopus in an old thread rather then creating one, at the moment i am using  DOpus 10.5, and i want to switch between tab that was created by using the Hotkey Ctrl+T,  does anyone know the hotkeys to"
  • please see the snapshot below: could i remove the FTP button and Favourite button from the toolbar.
(see attachment in previous post)Awaiting some suggestions.

hi hulkbuster
to change between tabs in one pane, use Ctrl+Arrowkeys (Left/Right)
to change focus between panes - Ctrl+Tabkey

To remove buttons from toolbar:
right-click outside of a button (can be tricky on hi-res or small screen), click on customise - a dialogue opens. Drag the button you want to remove onto the dialogue. That should remove it. (I'm sure you can also reach this dialogue via the menu but forget how.)
Tom

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 09:45 PM »
To remove buttons from toolbar:
right-click outside of a button (can be tricky on hi-res or small screen), click on customise - a dialogue opens. Drag the button you want to remove onto the dialogue. That should remove it. (I'm sure you can also reach this dialogue via the menu but forget how.)

Thank you of replying, i got the idea of switching from one tab to another by Ctrl+Left/Right Arrow key and its working great. Create tab: Ctrl+T, Close Tab: Ctrl+W (this is something that needs to be assigned , default key was Ctrl+F4).
I got it, after pressing the customise button, i simply right clicked the FTP and FAVOURITE button and proceeded to delete it, at the same time the CUSTOMISE BUTTON being opened. That was a little tricky, take a look at the screenshot , now it looks more like windows explorer and functional.
1.png

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 12:33 AM »
right-click outside of a button (can be tricky on hi-res or small screen),

Hold down the ALT key and left click on a button.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2013, 02:14 AM »
right-click outside of a button (can be tricky on hi-res or small screen),

Hold down the ALT key and left click on a button.

that hasn't worked for me since upgrading to Dopus 10 - I presumed they had disabled it for some reason - does it still work there?

(I'm on Win7 & Win8 64bit)
Tom

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 02:56 AM »
that hasn't worked for me since upgrading to Dopus 10 - I presumed they had disabled it for some reason - does it still work there?

Probably because you turned it off :)

2013-07-28 17_54_31-.png

Works here, DOpus 10.5.2.0 on Win7 x64 and Win8 x86.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2013, 05:04 AM »
^thanks for that tip 4wd - I've missed that.

Probably because you turned it off :)

on two different installs :-\ seems odd/unlikely - especially because when I installed it on my laptop (relatively recently), I decided to go for default settings/toolbars etc so I didnt mess around with anything. I might try a portable install when I have time and see what happens there.
Tom

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 09:40 AM »
I couldn't stop noticing this changes that occured after i try to tweak some settings , for viewing some images.
All the long file names has been reduced , please see the snapshot. I tried restoring the setting to last best known setting i had for my setup, but the long file name still doesn't change.
Is their any other way to fix this.
Clipboard01.png
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:56 AM by hulkbuster »