Anyone know are they going to do that again this time around, where the 40% upgrade price is only for a limited time?
For a limited time, ...
When I purchased my upgrade from v9 to 10 yesterday, the website told me that my discount code was valid until may 15th.
It was well worth the price, even though I haven't had the time to dive deep into the new features. Still, here are some things I immediately noticed:
* The built-in archive support is a vast improvement over the old one. Now you can compress to 7z, zip, rar, tar, tgz & tbz2, and you can open the following formats as folders: 7z, arj, bzip2, cab, cpio, deb, dmg, gzip, hfs, iso, lzh, lzma, rar, rpm, tar, win, xar, z & zipx.
* Improved copy/move dialogues, with "unattended mode." Does wonders for my productivity when dealing with large batches of files.
* Native virtual folders (my computer etc.)
* Win7 library support.
* "Cleaner" and prettier compared to the previous version. The redesigned settings dialogue is much improved.
* Finally adds the possibility of showing the ".." item in file lists (like TC etc. does it). This makes keyboard navigation quite a bit faster for me.
* Integrates with Windows Search. I don't use it a whole lot, but now that it's supported that may change.
I'm sure I'll discover more in the days and weeks to come