topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:42 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: LATEST LaunchBar Commander VERSION INFO THREAD - v1.158.01 beta - Jan 22, 2020  (Read 277960 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
latest version is only available from beta link currently, which is here:
https://www.donation...arCommanderSetup.exe

once i get some reports that it isn't chewing up existing launch bars i'll make it the official release :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v1.112.01 - May 4, 2010
  • [Feature] You can now drag+drop files and folders onto tree configuration nodes that aren't containers, and items will be added below them, like siblings.
  • [BugFix] When dragging and dropping files+folders onto tree configuration, they were previously lowercased.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Minor release:

v1.113.01 - August 5, 2010
  • [Feature] LBC now detects when the monitor changes resolution and auto-adjusts itself to the new dimensions (fixes bug where a resolution change could cause LBC to be offscreen an unactivateable)
  • [BugFix] Options for specifying multiple folder inclusion and exclusion patterns said to use ; but this did not work.  You should now use | character to separate multiple patterns.
  • [Feature] Added item to right-click menu to open the containing folder of an item on the dock or in a folder menu.
  • [BugFix] Trying to fix rare error message about showing a modal window when working with options.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST LaunchBar Commander VERSION INFO THREAD - v1.116.01 - Sep 28, 2010
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2010, 07:21 PM »
new release; this may fix a problem some people were having launching full screen games with LBC.

v1.116.01 - September 26, 2010
  • [MinorFeature] New option to disable the autofix on resolution change; and attempt to not perform this when full screen application is taking over;
  • [MinorFeature] Unhiding docks with hotkey now causes them to show immediately, even if "Delay on Unhide" option is set.
  • [MinorFeature] New general option to disable the default behavior of turning off on-top behavior when a screensaver or other full-screen application is running.
  • [BugFix] Older files with a bad icon image somewhere in the dock could cause improper matching of tree items and icons, resulting in wrong icons being shown for tree nodes.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
minor update:
v1.117.01 - January 18, 2011
  • [MinorFeature] New options to reduce/control backups
  • [MinorFeature] Options to customize custom file and web browsers.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
New update with a few useful things:

v1.120.01 - February 15, 2011
  • [MinorFeature] Tree Configuration dialog can now be resized to short height to fit on netbook screens.
  • [MinorFeature] The default launchbar file can now be saved and no longer gives warning about "should be resaved as a different name"
  • [Feature] You can now right-click items in popup and tray menu bars to get their context menus or jump to them in explorer/config.
  • [Feature] You can now CTRL+Right Click items on docking bars OR on any popup menu to open the containing folder of the item without closing menu.
  • [MinorImprovement] Better hints for dragging and dropping nodes; better text for sibling/child node creation.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v1.124.01 - March 20, 2011
  • [MinorFeature] Right-click context menu for tree node now selects it first (could be source of reported deletion bug)
  • [MinorFeature] New confirmation when deleting nodes (reports caption of node to be deleted and summary of children count); confirms when trying to delete parent node with many children.
  • [MinorFeature] Custom hotkey option for bringing up configuration tree.
  • [BugFix] Attempt to improve vertical docking bar blank area display.
  • [BugFix] LBC was overly aggressive about reacting to screen resolution changes, especially on multimonitor setups; should now only readjust when a monitor a dock is on changes resolution.  (uncheck main option to disable this behavior).
  • [BugFix] Right-clicking in menus to bring up context menu could sometimes launch the item.
  • [BugFix] The borders of left+right docked docks could become hidden.
  • [BugFix] Rebuilding of docks sometimes forgot recent size changes.
  • [MinorImprovement] Left+right docked bars with normal and menu buttons of different widths would left-align icons; they are now centered if the "all same size" option is set.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
nice work!  still love this program!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
New release, mostly minor fixes but one nice feature people have been requesting for a while, you can set checkbox in each command to say whether to simply bring an existing copy of the application to the fore if it is already running.

v1.127.01 - June 4, 2011
  • [Feature] For command nodes you can now use the checkbox to say that if the process if found already running, LBC should switch to it rather than launching a new process.
  • [BugFix] Backup option on main root node was not always being saved.
  • [BugFix] Removed Nirsoft Nircmd auto installation, because antivirus companies were giving stupid false positives.
  • [BugFix] If you now set a custom menu font and choose color BLACK for text, it will properly invert the color when highlighting it.
  • [BugFix] The # character in urls was being converted to %23 which was causing them to sometimes not launch properly
  • [BugFix] Changed default arguments of dropped node from %file% to "%file%"

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Big update of fixes, especially for people who use multiple docks, multimonitor, or sliding/hiding docks:

v1.129.01 - November 21, 2011
  • [BugFix] When using multiple docks, all but first dock would fail to remember the monitor it was docked on.
  • [BugFix] When minimizing docks to the system tray, docks could forget which monitor they were docked to, or whether they were docked or floating.
  • [BugFix] Floating docks could sometimes change size or monitor when docked and undocked.
  • [MinorFeature] When clicking on a dock that is minimized to the tray (left or right click), a second click will toggle the menu off.
  • [MinorFeature] You can now set custom screen popup location for hotkey triggered menus (overiding default of popping up under mouse cursor)
  • [MinorImprovement] Improved help for resizing docks.
  • [Feature] If you try to launch multiple instances of LBC you will now get a message saying so, the second instance will exit, and the first instance options will be shown.
  • [Feature] If you now use the hotkey to toggle visibility of hidden/sliding docks, they will STAY visible until you toggle them back into their hide/slide mode with hotkey again.
  • [Feature] You can now customize the hide and unhide delays for hidden/sliding docks.
  • [BugFix] The hittests for revealing Hidden/Sliding docks was ignored pixels near extreme sides of screen, which could result in dock not appearing when mouse was over it.
  • [MinorFeature] New program icon by HamRadio.
  • [MinorImprovement] Improved installer and default dock (especially for win7)
  • [BugFix] Fixed crash that could occur when closing a file from three that was already showing a launchbar on screen, or deleting such a dock node.

ps. Next update should have some good new features.

bob99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mouser,

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad you were able to add the hide/un-hide delay.  This is really a help for me!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Glad you like it -- and for anyone who every tried LBC sliding/hiding docks in the past and found the unhiding behavior erratic, i hope you'll try it again -- it works quite well now.  And you can now use a hotkey to force normally hidden bars on and off, which is nice.

mohaqeq

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A minor issue with the latest update.  I have 2 LBC docks running (on 2 monitors, but that may not be relevant), with one docked and one undocked.  If I open/close the Prefs window or close/reopen LBC, the undocked one automatically docks, i.e. forgets its previous undocked status.  The beta version you posted at
https://www.donation...x.php?topic=26398.25 on 11/18, which has the same version number as the one here, doesn't have this issue and remembers the docking status.  So I've switched back to that one.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hmm.. that's troubling.. i shall try to fix assuming i can reproduce.

xjamms

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I am having the same problem as mohaqeq.

I have 1 .mcf file with 1 toolbar (dock).
This toolbar is a floating window - not docked. I open configuration window. Then I close configuration window. The toolbar is rebuilt (like normal) but the toolbar is now docked.

This started happening after updating to v1.129.01 (November 29, 2011).
I do not know if I had the beta version (11/18) installed previously that mohaqeq had installed. But I do know I was not experiencing this problem before installing version 1.129.01 (Nov 29).

Architecture: 64-bit (x64)

Let me know if you need anything else to try to reproduce.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've reproduced the problem and fixed it in my internal build; new version will be posted shortly.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Update with a bunch of fixes, plus now packaged as separate setup and portable zip form, with digitally signed exes:

v1.131.01 - February 28, 2012
  • [Feature] You can now use commandline invocation to show a menu under the cursor for a running LBC menu node.
  • [BugFix] Restoring a hiding/sliding dock from the tray could cause it to reserve desk space when it shouldn't.
  • [BugFix] You should no longer see the floating dock temporarily while it is starting up before restoring its last position docked to the side of the screen.
  • [BugFix] When triggering a pop up menu with a hotkey that contained Control key, the folder of the menu was also opened simultaneously; pop up menus also now start with keyboard focus.
  • [BugFix] Captions were showing temporarily on submenus configured as toolbar buttons, when switching between them.
  • [BugFix] Docks (typically multiple docks) were forgetting whether they were docked or floating.
  • [AdvancedFeature] You can now configure a node with submenus to be a "Treat as tool button" menu, which will make one submenu the active button at any given time, with bottom choices to switch.
  • [MinorFeature] Added additional configuration tab for docks; added button to reset dock/window size/position from configuration.
  • [BugFix] Automatically checks for if floating docks are off screen or too large, and repositions.
  • [MinorFeature] Position of configuration tree dialog is now remembered.
  • [Feature] Now using a dual package (installer and portable zip), with portable zip preconfigured for portable use; installer and executable are now signed.
  • [BugFix] On large font displays the docks were taking up more space than they should.
  • [BugFix] Tab Page menus with captions were not updating captions properly when switching tab page menus.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
New release:

v1.132.01 - April 15, 2012
  • [Feature] You can now drop urls and url shotcuts onto items (like browsers) that accept them, in the same way you can drop files onto items that accept files.
  • [Feature] You can now drop urls and url shortcutes onto an empty space to create new items to launch those urls (just like when dropping files)
  • [MajorFeature] New node type: Paste Text/SendKey simulator -- you can paste preset text into last active window, or simulate the pressing of global hotkeys (function keys, contrl/alt/shift etc).  Supports both Ctrl+V use for fast pasting large block of text, or one-by-one character simulation which can support virtual keys and can work in any target window (even a dos box).
  • [MajorFeature] You can now use the virtual commands "paste" and "sendkeys" in menus built from text files, plugins, or commandline output.  This makes it fairly easy to use LBC to show a large menu (stored in a plain text file) of things to past into the active window.
  • [Feature] New node type for MenuContents from File -- which allows you to specify a text file whose contents will be used to build menu dynamically.  This feature was actually already possible using the MenuContents from Commandline node by specifying a .txt file, and could be used by .lbctool files to support plugin-like use of text file menus, however the new node type also allows you to manually specify some menu content text directly in the node configuration itself.  I don't recommend using this for large menus but for quickie stuff and testing it can be useful.
  • [Feature] Portable zip now uses ConfigDir_Default.ini which is overridden by the presence of a ConfigDir.ini file, so users unpacking the contents won't overwrite any custom ConfigDir.ini  they may have.

A couple of significant updates here that work well together.

You can now create nodes (buttons, menu items) that paste text into the last active window -- or simulate global hotkey pressing (like function keys, ctrl+alt+shift, etc.); this may be useful in using buttons to trigger events on your pc that you normally have to use a keyboard for.

You can now also easily use dynamic submenus whose structure is determined by the contents of a text file; this works identically to the way commandline (plugin) tools worked; such structures can specify nested menus, custom captions, custom icons.  These text-based menus can make use of the new paste text / sendkeys stuff, so it would be fairly easy to create a large nested menu of items to paste into the current document, and bring this up from the dock bar or via a popup menu tied to a hotkey.  You can actually specify the menu text DIRECTLY within the FileContents node so you dont even have to use a separate text file -- perfect for quickie testing.

Keep in mind these are fairly advanced features that the overwhelming majority of people will not have use for!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v1.133.01 - November 24, 2012
  • [Feature] You can now configure docks to not be full height/width when docked; use the right-click menu to center the bars and drag to resize.
  • [BugFix] Toolbars docked to left or right hand side of screen would have the right-hand side border line disappear when the width of the toolbar unless a generous right-hand margin was left unused.

See this thread for discussion of the new non-full-length dock options.

justauser

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for the update.  Now that I use Win8 this has become one of my most used apps.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
thanks for posting justauser, that makes me feel good  :up:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v1.135.01 - July 8, 2013
  • [Feature] LBC will now try to load launchbar files (.mcf) relative to the project file (.mcp), and try to load the project file relative to the application exe.  This is useful when using LBC portably or when using LBC on a multi-account system.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'd love to get some help testing the latest beta to make sure i didn't break anything with the docking code:

v1.136.01 - Aug 17, 2013 Beta
  • [Feature] LBC was sometimes not properly docking hiding/sliding docks -- they would reserve desktop space even though they shouldn't.
  • [Feature] Option to check for updates at startup.
  • [Feature] When using keyboard keys to resize dock, you can now use ctrl and alt + arrows to move and resize docks (works well when you have the don't stretch option checked for a dock).  Fixed bugs related to resizing with keyboard.
  • [Feature] New license options that make it possible to use LBC as a launcher for a read-only file that you distribute to others.
  • [Improvement] Uses captions as hints when icons are set to not display captions and hints are enabled.
  • [Improvement] When specifying custom x,y popup location of dock menus, you can use negative values to offset from right and bottom of screen.
  • [Improvement] Installer now offers to run the program after installation.
  • [Improvement] Program no longer advises you to backup your file until you have a non-trivial number of nodes in it.
  • [Improvement] You can now drag+resize even borderless docks (usually!).

I'm trying to fix weird bugs that were showing up on Windows 7 especially, with docks failing to hide/resize.

So basically i'd just like to know that your docks are not suddendy failing to dock or hide or resize the way they have in the past.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 10:55 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Any reports with the beta or feature requests?

dluby

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have just installed the beta and while I don't use much of what you have changed, I will report if I encounter any problems with my day to day usage of LBC.