I am still having problems with Icons displaying. I think the problem I am having may be different though. Here are some of the symptoms I am seeing
1) Folders - instead of showing the folder icon, it shows the icon for IcoFX.
2) Plugins - icons for plugins are not displaying. Also showing IcoFX icon. For example, if using HNote, when the icons displayed on the FARR status bar are IcoFX icons instead of correct hnote icons.
3) This is also occurring with some of the aliases I setup. Most resolve the correct icon for the lnk, but others do not.
4) Also when I open DCUpdater the icons for the plugins (like hnote, Fcalc aren't displayed, same icofx icon).
I have a couple of unsupported hunches that I am going to try to check into
- Maybe setting IcoFX as the default viewer for .ico files caused some conflict
- Or I changed the 'default file icon' to this icon by mistake at some point.
- Looking through the registry for anything irregular as well.
If I don't find anything through there I'll see if Link Parser or any of the other links from Vanav help. I debug / reproduce bugs for software as part of my job, figuring this stuff out is how I slack off...