I tried Auspex for 10 minutes but hate to tell that I can't share the excitement.
As you want to market the software commercially
, I would suggest to carefully review the HUGE number of your competitors:
- Auspex is constantly throwing error message whatever I do in the program.
- The user interface is really quirky at the present stage. It flickers like a discotheque, controls are overlapping, etc. Even given for its Alpha(?) status, it looks unprofessional. Keep in mind that the first impression counts. Check out "DirectAccess" for a more beautiful approach.
- Your single-words autocompletion already exist in the freeware "LetMeType".
- Take a look on "AutoHotkey" which has flexible automation capabilities.
- The freeware "PhraseExpress" - which I consider the boss in town - takes this approach even further and can detect and auto-complete full sentences.
In general, it will be very difficult to beat a power house llike PhraseExpress. It is so reliable, established, feature-rich
AND free that it will be very hard to compete unless your software has anything where it stands out
You have to define your unique selling proposition. I can't find it yet. There is any feature that does not exist in any other of the established programs. And the biggest issue is that the market price for this genre is already set to $0
I believe it is big failure if you don't perform any thorough market research before starting a commercial project unless you entertain it as a hobby.
Please don't take it as an offense. I appreciate your efforts and I am really just trying to be helpful.
By the way, you seem to be using FamFam icons. You should give credit, where credit is due!