topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:43 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: T-Clock 2010 (download)  (Read 1005809 times)

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock 2010 (download)
« Reply #725 on: July 09, 2015, 08:51 PM »
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
11th 12th 13th 14th 15th (<added later) 16th 17th 18th 19th 20th
21st 22nd 23rd 24th 25th 26th 27th 28th 29th 30th

I don't know why or who made it that way.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 08:10 AM by movrshakr »

PhredE

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #726 on: July 09, 2015, 08:59 PM »
+31st. :)
Shakespeare; inherently creative. ;)

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #727 on: July 10, 2015, 01:19 AM »
+15th

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #728 on: July 10, 2015, 08:09 AM »
+31st. :)
Shakespeare; inherently creative. ;)
Yes, after 30th, it follows the same pattern as for the 20's line.

Thanks for adding the typo-missed 15th.
I editid the post to put it in

iycgtptyarvg

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #729 on: July 23, 2015, 09:21 AM »
Hi WhiteTigX,

Could you please tell me where to find the latest version?

I currently am using this :
T-Clock 2010 x64 - build 95
Stoic Joker 2006 - 2010

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #730 on: July 23, 2015, 12:57 PM »
My signature for example :P
Or in Stoic Joker's original post under "Download Link" (the 3rd one, though he really should clean that up ;) Not that easy to follow for new users)
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #731 on: September 07, 2015, 10:02 AM »
is there anyone who knows how Metro/Modern UI truly works and how a desktop app could interact with these?

Basically, Windows' 10 calendar is a rather slow modern UI app that doesn't follow any classic win32 rules I know of...
It's important that T-Clock is able to move that calendar to a different monitor in case of multi-monitor support.

I can't just wait for its window to exist, it's not enough to SendMessage() WM_NULL, it's not enough to IsWindowVisible(), it's not enough to check any style of the window...
The only thing that "currently" "works" is to check the size/position and if it's less than the desktop size (well, primary monitor size), I can move it (and it won't get overridden by a later call)

I suspect a window with the class "Windows.UI.Core.CoreWindow" uses some different methods to display and there must be some sort of IsWindowVisible() for these... It's ridicules how slow the new calendar is... I've got a loop with 50ms sleep in-between and end up with >10 iterations and often catch independent size and position changes.. that is: I wait 50ms, the calendar resizes, I wait 50ms, it then moves... Every desktop app would do this in just one step instantly... (and wouldn't even start full-screen to begin with)
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

pencoe

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #732 on: September 07, 2015, 10:11 AM »
@WhiteTigX: thanks a lot for your work! Finally TClock is (again) usable on my computer  :)
 (Using the last build 2.3.2 b 151 on a german Win 8.1 Pro)

magi

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #733 on: September 26, 2015, 07:29 AM »
--

I have just installed windows 10 on my 64 win 7 laptop.

Can I install T-Clock in windows 10?

Where can I get a safe download?
Link?

Regards  MagI

---

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #734 on: September 26, 2015, 01:15 PM »
Where can I get a safe download?
Link?

this is the version that's been actively developed --

Download Link   White Tiger's GitHub Release Page

I have no idea though if it works on Windows 10, although see mention of Windows 10 in (the developer) WhiteTigX's last post above
Tom

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #735 on: September 26, 2015, 03:45 PM »
Yes, works fine on Win 10.
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #736 on: September 26, 2015, 04:00 PM »
Yes, works fine on Win 10.

^+1

2015-09-26.jpg

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #737 on: September 26, 2015, 07:19 PM »
Curt, you don't include the Posix date in your taskbar clock? It's so useful! :P

Screenshot - 9_26_2015 , 8_16_30 PM.png
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #738 on: October 19, 2015, 01:57 PM »
new pre-release: https://github.com/W.../tag/v2.4.0%23351-rc
If I've missed anything, let me know^^ But all reports related to bugs, should be solved.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #739 on: October 20, 2015, 05:35 PM »
I have to say that this "Redux" looks good, but I wish it was as flexible as Beta Clock...

Betaclock calendar display.pngT-Clock 2010 (download)

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #740 on: October 20, 2015, 06:20 PM »
Well... I've tried my best to replicate this look using Windows' calendar control.. and I've enabled you full control over the colors. So what can be changed, got changed. The rest isn't doable this easy without writing my own calendar.
Though, the month arrangement could be more flexible, but it's hard to squeeze in the required options :P (as seen with the colors)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #741 on: October 20, 2015, 07:17 PM »
Yes, I realise that. I was neither complaining, nor criticising. Just wishing.
I think you've done a great job with T-Clock, by the way.    :Thmbsup:

THEtomaso

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #742 on: October 25, 2015, 08:32 AM »
Thanks for continuing the work on the excellent T-Clock software!

I've got a major gripe with the latest release though..

I've been using 'T-Clock Redux' for a while now, and recommending it to other people.
However, with the v2.4.0 beta release, the program now behaves in such a manner that I can no longer recommend it to anyone.
Yes, I'm talking about the new Update Checker! :(

The program now instantly tries to connect to the internet at first launch, without the user's consent.
I blocked the connection attempt with my firewall, and then proceeded to look for the option to turn this feature off..
According to the changelog, you have to "check for updates once and remove the check marks"..
Well, I tried that, and ran into this error:

I guess that I have to unblock it with my firewall, and actually LET it connect to the internet, before I can get access to these settings?
Well, that's not gonna happen.
I'm sorry to say, but this kind of behaviour is a real deal-breaker, even for a open source program!
Please REMOVE the Update Checker from the final build, or at least turn it OFF BY DEFAULT and let us change the setting for it while being offline!

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #743 on: October 25, 2015, 04:24 PM »
[...] OFF BY DEFAULT [...]
Isn't an option at all. As software should be setup the way that average people don't have to change anything.
So update checking is opt-out and never opt-in as it is quite useless otherwise. Or do it like VLC, and ask on "install" but I didn't want to annoy people, so just opt-out.
Further more, it connects to Github, so not even a privacy issue as one could argue if it were my own server... (ok, it is using http://rawgit.com/, not Github directly)

The update notification UI includes a checkmark to easily adjust the update checking (in case a new version is found and you're annoyed by the fact because you don't want to update or what ever....) but it is really just this UI... not the "progression UI" which can only be seen by manually checking for updates.
So yes, currently you have to be online to disable it and it wouldn't even work on Win2k and maybe XP (because of SSL), but it doesn't really matter otherwise^^ Just fails to check for updates, but will never show a prompt.

test removed as I've forgot to mention it actually.. But I wanted to^^
And if you'd read my changelog, you would see that I've wrote this fact down... it's beta after all (well release candidate / pre-release) ;)

Still don't know where to place the "proper" UI though...

Yet you can manually disable update checking by changing / adding a DWORD called "UpdR" to "0"
in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010" or the T-Clock.ini, section Main

Edit: fixed my post by "spoilering" the original but actually incorrect text...

Addition: well there's maybe one point you're right about... before anyone got the chance to disable update checking, it'll check for updates once... well I considered it to be not an issue because you've just downloaded it, so you're likely connected anyway (my care was mostly about people who are still not connected 24/7, so I don't want their internet to "dial up")
This is to make sure T-Clock can be / is allowed by the firewall installed (actually I could add myself to Windows' firewall, but wanted people to have control about it) so it won't popup during the automatic update check and might screw you up (like poping out of a game or something)
This is why it checks for updates on first launch and also to make sure people use the most recent version and not some old version someone hosted on their site.
So the VLC way got some points... but I'm still not sure about it (beside the fact that I'll bloat T-Clock to add this message window and some people might disable it accidentally)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 04:41 PM by WhiteTigX »

andrejtm

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #744 on: November 19, 2015, 12:16 AM »
Is there a way to display the weekday number (e.g. 1 for Monday, 2 for Tuesday, etc.) ?
Thanks!

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #745 on: November 19, 2015, 09:54 AM »
day number of year, but not yet day number of week

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #746 on: November 19, 2015, 11:33 AM »
will be added once I've added the ordinal day number (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc) which kind of requires a rewrite of internal format processing

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #747 on: December 01, 2015, 06:53 PM »
Hello T-Clock community ;)

I require your help but let me apologize first because I've re-read some of my own posts a while ago and I really sound like an asshole from time to time :P It's really not meant to sound like that and I'll try to be more careful about what I write to sound less aggressive and that like.
Might be related to my partially lacking English, but who knows.

Well, lets go back to my help request.
I've decided to add a question dialog regarding the update checker because it isn't really possible otherwise to prevent it from running before you had a chance to disable it if you really want to.
The goal is to have this dialog as short as possible to not be too annoying, and to prevent people from accidentally disabling update checking in case they tend to close every window that pops up..

So my current "try" looks like this:

raw text
T-Clock can automatically check for updates to ensure
that you're aware of the latest bug fixes and features.
This usually requires less than one KiB of data
and won't disturb your daily work.

It is recommended to have update checking enabled.

Note that you'll have to click "Disable" to actually disable it, because it is enabled by default (which means the other two buttons and closing the dialog does the same thing)
I've chosen this layout as I think it might prevent people from accidentally disabling it by closing the dialog, hitting the right most button or clicking the left most.. (a message box usually got "OK" and "Cancel")
But I've got no real experience or psychological skills to know whether my thinking is right or not.

What do you think? And feel free to suggest a different layout or text. Or correct my current one

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #748 on: December 01, 2015, 07:04 PM »
I think it's nearly perfect. 

A couple of suggestions:

1. Three buttons seems like one too many.  I would suggest merging the "Keep enabled" and "OK" to one button "OK, keep enabled".
2. I'd remove the sentence "This usually requires" and change it to "No personal information or extra data is transmitted during this check." (or something to that effect).
3. You *could* also add a sentence like "You can change this option at any time from the preferences dialog".

Having said all that, i think people have become completely used to the idea of update checks, and so a pre-warning dialog like this is not strictly necessary (i don't use one in my apps); i think the important thing is having a way for user to disable it.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #749 on: December 02, 2015, 06:32 AM »
1) well.. what about accidentally clicking the wrong button? I also have to include non-English people in my decisions (which might not even read anything at all)
There's redundancy right now, but it's so far intended even though it might look weird :P
Also, I'm currently unable to resize buttons because it's just a subclassed MessageBox (though I might add that if really needed)

2) Well... at least I want to know how much an update check requires... I know of a lot bad implementations that require ridiculous amounts of traffic for what they should do (though I can trim mine further down to about 32bytes excl. HTTP headers and TCP traffic)
I'm also actually not a fan of this "no personal information...." stuff... it suggests that it'll otherwise transfer this kind of information which I think is wrong. So I'll rather add a notice about what personal information I'll transfer, rather than putting a notice that I don't transfer^^ I want to live in a world that assumes everyone is good unless they say otherwise.

3) That's something I've really missed ;) Thanks. (though the message gets longer...)
Though I have to add the UI first xD Which isn't easy to squeeze in currently...
Lets assume this dialog is to be added, would a button be enough that says "configure updates" which simply displays this dialog again?
A bit easier (smaller) than check boxes:
"☑ Regularly check for updates     ☐ include beta versions"

[...]
Having said all that, i think people have become completely used to the idea of update checks, and so a pre-warning dialog like this is not strictly necessary [...]
I agree. But my issue is that I've decided to do an update check on first launch. Mainly to get firewall notices popped up and hopefully allowed so it won't happen eg. 5 minutes after startup, somewhere in the middle of the day or next day etc.
Yet it prevents people from disabling it before it triggers...
And the quite fast response to this feature up here showed it's still an issue.
Also, the popup notifies users before a firewall popup appears, which is good because T-Clock isn't some Internet related software and it looks a bit suspicious without a forewarning