topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:48 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: T-Clock 2010 (download)  (Read 1005633 times)

Gebar

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock 2010 (download)
« Reply #650 on: October 14, 2014, 05:23 PM »
Hi! First, thank you for this amazing program!!!  :D

A question: Would it be easy for you to allow two instances of the program to run simultaneously?

The reason I want this is that then you could have one instance display the time in big numbers, and next to it the other instance display the date again in big letters. That way you would have both date and time in a single line taskbar with small icons, without it being crowded

Or you could have the same effect with one instance of the program running if, except for the \n code to go to the line underneath, you had a different code to go to the next "column", so that you would have the date display on the right of the time (or vice-versa depending on how you arrange your custom format).

But thanks again anyway.

paul_ray

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #651 on: October 14, 2014, 05:29 PM »
I don't know if there are plans to use the "GetTickCount64" function instead of the "GetTickCount" function in getting the uptime but it would be nice.

The new function does not have the 49.7 day limit.
It is supported starting with Vista.
(It does not require 64 bit OS).

GetTickCount64 MSDN

paul_ray

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #652 on: October 14, 2014, 05:29 PM »
Are there plans to use Environment variables for the display?
I would like to use the "COMPUTERNAME" variable in my display format, so I don't have to hard code the machine name.

This makes it easier for support when I need to know the computer name.

trlkly

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #653 on: October 23, 2014, 05:15 PM »
WhiteTigX, the third to last PM I sent you (about a method of sharpening the text) didn't get a reply, though the second to last one did. My outbox wasn't sent directly, so I'm not sure if you got it?

Also, how do you say your username? I say White Tiggex, like Tigger but with ex at the end. But I could also see it being like tiger, hence White Tie-gex.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #654 on: October 27, 2014, 06:21 PM »
[...] In this version, I think the behaviour of mouse-over tooltip is different somehow:
if not enabled: always shows on main display (I think this is the Windows tooltip)
if enabled: for the second display clock, it shows the tooltip on top side of main display.
I've found no way to control the default tooltip.. so for "full" multimon support, a custom tooltip must be used. Though that one had a design flaw xD Will be fixed...

Q: What is the difference between static and non static ones? Both distributions have dll files ...
Well the static version doesn't require external dependencies... so no need to install Visual C++ Runtimes.
Was basically a test to see what happens...

[...]
A question: Would it be easy for you to allow two instances of the program to run simultaneously?
[...]
Sry not possible I suppose. Though, I don't really get your reason for that... from what you've described, left and right "clock" will display the same font, use the same size and both are single line... so where's your problem exactly?

I don't know if there are plans to use the "GetTickCount64" function instead of the "GetTickCount" function in getting the uptime but it would be nice.[...]
Will be used in next version. Though 32bit users or pre-Vista might not like it xD A bit slower in that case... (from a CPU cycle perspective, probably not very noticeable)

Are there plans to use Environment variables for the display?
[...]
Not really... Environment variables are mostly static.. so there's not much use for such a feature. Besides your rare use case of course...

[...]
Also, how do you say your username? I say White Tiggex, like Tigger but with ex at the end. But I could also see it being like tiger, hence White Tie-gex.
Well... your first guess is ok I guess.. though "WhiteTigX" is only a workaround for not being able to use "White-Tiger". Just ignore the name here :P Still need to figure out a unique name... And of course I did receive your mails.. though I've got reasons not to answer them (apart from the fact that I named my point already, but still, nothing is fix)
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

trlkly

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #655 on: October 27, 2014, 10:20 PM »
And of course I did receive your mails.. though I've got reasons not to answer them (apart from the fact that I named my point already, but still, nothing is fix)

Well, I was just expecting you to say something like "I'll look into that" or "Sorry, that won't work," as that's what you've done before. Plus, since I couldn't see it in my outbox, I thought maybe I didn't actually send it. I've done that before.

I just thought it might help with the problem you mentioned of the text being blurrier than you'd like. I thought maybe you could run a normal bitmap sharpening filter over it before rendering. It might be a bit slower, but you only have to update once a second anyways.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #656 on: November 05, 2014, 06:27 PM »
New version released : https://github.com/W...ag/v2.3.2%23151-beta
It's a bug fix release for the v2.3 series but also adds some alarm related improvements and more

I still wonder why so few people reported problems... or most of you simply reboot Windows often as well as having a non-crashing explorer and never using T-Clock's alarm feature...
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

Mark56

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #657 on: November 09, 2014, 08:43 AM »

Hi WhiteTigX

I'm trying to have two clocks showing both local time in 12H, and UTC time in 24H (in this case UTC-06) like so:

Sun, 03:30 PM
Sun, 21:30 UTC

I've tried doing "ddd, hh:nn tt\n ddd, w+06:nn UTC"  but both clocks are still 12H.

Is there a way to get only the second clock to show the 24H format?

Thanks!

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #658 on: November 09, 2014, 09:57 AM »
Hi Mark56,
sry currently there's no way... 12h setting is "global"^^
I'm not even sure if I will implement a feature like this before the major formatting revamp :P Though I have no schedule for that one as well. (not that I have one generally)

Also, even if there where a way, "ddd" will still show the weekday based on your local time^^ There's no format yet to change the timezone or offset yet.

Mark56

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #659 on: November 09, 2014, 10:32 AM »
oh ok, no problem! I'll keep an eye on the next versions anyway. Thanks.

B00ze

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #660 on: November 12, 2014, 08:07 PM »
Good day.

Discovered t-Clock and derivatives tonight, researching someone mentioning the tool on a usenet forum. Nice tool - I dont know how often I've moused over the clock in the Systray waiting for the toolTip to show up, so I could know what date it was (obviously I use a 1-Line high toolbar).

Installed T-Clock Redux v2.3.2β and played with it; discovered a "bug?" @ least on my Win7 system:

Selecting "Display Properties" in the context menu brings-up the Screen Saver dialog, NOT the screen properties (the later which Win7 calls the "Screen Resolution" choice on desktop-background-right-click)...

Now I haven't rebooted or anything (I never really reboot) but I did try the menu item several times always with the same result...

Anyone else see this behavior?

Thank you.
Best Regards,

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #661 on: November 12, 2014, 08:22 PM »
[...]
[...]
me, the current developer :P
Will investigate if it's a regression or Vista+ compatibility issue^^ (by means, also opens "Screen Saver" on my Win8)

Though "Display Properties" is flawed by design since Vista+ I guess^^ There's no such thing anymore (at least hard to reach on Win8)

B00ze

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #662 on: November 12, 2014, 08:59 PM »
[...]
[...]
me, the current developer :P
Will investigate if it's a regression or Vista+ compatibility issue^^ (by means, also opens "Screen Saver" on my Win8)
Though "Display Properties" is flawed by design since Vista+ I guess^^ There's no such thing anymore (at least hard to reach on Win8)

Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate all that you and Stoic Joker have done, this little tool is really neat!

I agree, since Vista, there is no single Display Properties as there was in Xp.

One observation: Why are the DLLs and the XpCalendar in a sub-folder called MISC? Just dump'em in the root folder - since there is no installer, it is ever so slightly confusing if they are needed or not (since the WAVES folder is clearly not required, one might ask if the MISC folder is also not needed). What should go in the MISC folder is the Digital-7 font. Just my 2 cents ;-)

Best Regards.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #663 on: November 13, 2014, 01:33 PM »
[...]
I agree, since Vista, there is no single Display Properties as there was in Xp.
what do you suggest? Remove it on Vista+, Rename it to "Personalize" on Vista+ and open that one?
Not sure what to do with it right now :P

Why are the DLLs and the XpCalendar in a sub-folder called MISC? [...]
To simplify things^^ So you'll see a clean folder structure with just 2 exes to run. And any of them is ok. Before that, people had trouble to find the right exe to run^^
I generally prefer apps with just one exe at all. But that wouldn't work with T-Clock, in fact I'll add more later.
And generally: all files are required, and of course the folder structure must stay intact. (not sure why you even tried to mess with it, won't work in 99% anyway)

For the same reason (simplicity) I didn't put "Digital-7" into misc, it's not really a part of T-Clock, nor required. And it's in the root folder for people to acknowledge and maybe even install because they like it. In "misc" no one will ever see it exists^^ And since it's not an executable, it doesn't confuse people when it stays in the root folder

B00ze

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #664 on: November 13, 2014, 05:45 PM »
Hi White Tiger.

what do you suggest? Remove it on Vista+, Rename it to "Personalize" on Vista+ and open that one?

Are you able to open "Control Panel -> Display" ? That's the one in Win7 that starts with Text Size, but it has all the other display options on the left, like Screen Resolution, Personalize (at the bottom) etc...

As for MISC, we just think differently on what goes into miscellaneous; to me it's things that are not needed that go there :-)

Thank you.
Best Regards,

trlkly

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #665 on: November 14, 2014, 06:48 AM »
As for MISC, we just think differently on what goes into miscellaneous; to me it's things that are not needed that go there :-)

I don't disagree. I just never paid attention to the folder structure before. The word MISC does imply "extra." Considering its contents, I might suggest using "libs" as the name.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #666 on: November 14, 2014, 07:31 AM »
It really is "misc" :P Couldn't call it libs because there are other files as well. (and later will take files like "Options.exe", "Sync.exe" and what else)
More like "system".. but those aren't system files.. nor for Windows, nor really for T-Clock because the Calendar isn't required in every case.

It's miscellaneous, some required DLL's, some non required files and what else comes in the future^^ Would even put the readme there, but then it's never going to be read xD
But ye, "system" was my first name I got for it... just didn't sound nice and kind of bad.. (or "sys")
"system" sound to me like it's messing with Windows or something like that :P "files" or "bin" is also a bad name... so I liked "misc" xD

But anyway, folder won't be renamed as it would just cause too much trouble not worth the "benefits", if there where any anyway^^

About "Control Panel -> Display" well.. isn't really "Display Properties" either... "Personalize" would be the closed to the old "Display Properties" on XP... not only is it what people tried to reach, it's also the exact same page :P IIRC on XP "Display Properties" was also a menu entry if clicked on the desktop like it is for Win8 with "Personalize"

crumpuppet

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #667 on: November 14, 2014, 08:11 AM »
Man I don't know why I didn't keep an eye on this thread! Your last update fixed my request from August 15th. I can now refresh the clock with AutoIT using the WM_COMMAND call, and my custom clock is working perfectly :)

I wrote a bit of code to create a "rounded down" clock, showing the time in Afrikaans and rounded to the nearest 5 minutes. So for example, if it is anything between 4 and 6 minutes after the hour, it will display "vyf oor vier."; anything close to 20 minutes past will show "twintig oor ...". For some reason I find I process the time much better like this, I have it on my phone as well using Tasker.

Here it is:

The app builds the text, changes the registry key, and runs the WM_COMMAND. It is executed by Windows Task Scheduler every 3 minutes, and it runs in a few milliseconds, with no real performance hit. I guess you could put any custom text in here using this method, but I love this one :)

I also love that it now shows the native Windows calendar when you click the clock.

Thanks WhiteTigX!!!

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #668 on: November 14, 2014, 10:21 AM »
[...] Your last update fixed my request from August 15th. [...]
This same "request" was already fixed before you've even requested it^^ No update had to do with it^^

side note: just noticed I've actually posted the 666th post, evil me :P (my previous post)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:30 AM by WhiteTigX »

B00ze

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #669 on: November 14, 2014, 06:01 PM »
Good day.

About "Control Panel -> Display" well.. isn't really "Display Properties" either... "Personalize" would be the closed to the old "Display Properties" on XP... not only is it what people tried to reach, it's also the exact same page tongue IIRC on XP "Display Properties" was also a menu entry if clicked on the desktop like it is for Win8 with "Personalize"

Personalize does not have a link to Screen Resolution, or monitor disposition, which is what I was always trying to reach when I did Display Properties in WinXp. Annoying that it's now 3 different panels, lol. You can pick "Personalize" if you want, it does have a link do "Display" (bottom left) with which you can reach Screen Resolution by clicking yet another link on the left...

Best Regards,

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #670 on: November 14, 2014, 06:52 PM »
ok.... will exec ::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}\1\::{C555438B-3C23-4769-A71F-B6D3D9B6053A} I guess

paul_ray

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #671 on: November 16, 2014, 04:30 PM »
Thank you WhiteTigX, for adding "GetTickCount64" in the 2.3.2 version.

Also, thank you for concerning the request for adding in environment variables.
Maybe sometime in the future.

mixza-81

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #672 on: November 25, 2014, 11:51 AM »
Hi.

How about support for current week number in clock Time Format?

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #673 on: November 25, 2014, 12:26 PM »
mixza-81, what's your problem with it?
Hope you've read the T-Clock Help.rtf :P

edit: fixed spelling mistake^^
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:45 PM by WhiteTigX »

mixza-81

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #674 on: November 25, 2014, 02:20 PM »
Sorry,
I totally missed that... I only noticed that Time Format tab has not checkbox for that option... :-[