topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:52 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: A long shot: anyone up for creating a fake satire hype video for FARR v2?  (Read 21187 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I had a funny idea today..

I'm going to make a bunch of real video screencast demos of FARR v2 to show how to use all of it's features.

But i was thinking it would be hillarious if we could also make a satire one, you know one of those fancy-looking videos narrated by someone with an upper crust accent telling you how this product will revolutionize the world..

I was thinking something really over the top, which had like testimonials by people with 5 different accents, saying stuff like about how FARR has mind reading abilities and works even while you are asleep and the computer is unplugged.. Stuff like that :)

But i don't really have time to make this since i have to work on FARR 2 coding!!)&(*@&@$(*@$

Anyone feel like volunteering to round up the narrators and create this? you only have a week or two at most..

I think it would be so fun to see.  :-* :-* :-*

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I was originally thinking the video would be just powerpoint slides with narrators.

But maybe it could include a mac vs. pc style intro, with one person being FARR and another being an unnamed competitor?

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I can be a narrator!!!
Audio only, though... And i'm not that funny, we'd have to come up with some scripts for the parts.

BTW: I bet youtube would love such thing ;)

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Great idea! I don't have the time to do it, but it'd be a lauch surely!

Maybe we could come up with some lines here...

I was thinking something like this for the intro part:
"Have YOU ever been in a situation where you need to start a particular computer software application and you can't find that darned mouse? I bet you have! Well, the kind people of DonationCoder.com have come up with the perfect solution! blablabla..."

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i agree we can come up with ideas here, but it would help to have someone who is going to work on it before we bother.

it should be more over the top:
"since the dawn of the micro computer age, there is one feature that all users have dreamed of.."
"even albert einstein, the creator of the theory of relativity, could not have forseen the revolutionary mathematical algorithms that make possible the technology behind this program.."

"Using patented technology developed co-jointly by Nasa and the Russian State Cosmology Institute, and China's famed PRJKHA secret service, and stolen by industrial espionage in the 1970s, FARR is able to anticipate your every keystroke.  Even when the results are not what you were thinking of, you can rest assured that the program is thinking 2 steps ahead of you and has suggested the right file."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 06:12 PM by mouser »

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Might be a good way to check out the Screencast-o-Matic for whoever does this... :P

p3lb0x

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Beer, beer, beer, I'm going for a beer!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
if you wanna go really over the top you should put "It can cure AIDS!" in between all that technologically sound babbling

edit: also with that mac vs. pc intro you could make it very simple. like the non Farr program could talk about its features and then Farr would just hit him in the face saying "well... I still kick your ass!"
Stop mousering people so much - Mouser
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 02:55 PM by p3lb0x »

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
p3lb0x, I think you are on to something there. Parody the Mac vs PC commercials as the Start Menu vs FARR !!

[added]
Maybe the Start Button guy would be covered in a bunch of those round 3" buttons with the name of programs. He could even be wearing a trench coat with buttons on the inside and the outside of the coat. A scarf with buttons. A hat with buttons on it and buttons under the hat. Buttons inside pockets. Maybe the guy is a gal and her purse is full of buttons too.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 02:59 PM by tinjaw »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Parody the Mac vs PC commercials as the Start Menu vs FARR !!

great idea  :up: :up:

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I also spend an uncomfortable amount of time (whole seconds!) on a clients computer wondering why "pause/break" doesn't work, only to realize that they of course dont have FARR installed.
Here's another idea: "Farr beats the portability of it's contestants! It can be transported on your mind, all you have to do is touch the other person's computer, and farr will install itself!!"

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Don't forget that FARR is Web 2.0, SOA, and Low-carb !!!

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
you no longer need to press ctrl-altgr-shift-win-*-pageup to launch your favorite application.

Nod5

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
What a good idea!  :)
A parody on that flashy Dash video would be to also start by launching some VERY bombastic and loud classic music -- think the climax of Strauss "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" as used in the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey. But then quickly intersect the angry voice of a ficticious mother/father figure that tells the narrator to turn the volume down. The narrator then launches some FARR command to lower the volume.

And some more extravagant PR-lingo: "Other launchers are the start menu 2.0. FARR is other launchers 2.0. In fact, FARR is 2.0 2.0!"
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 08:23 AM by Nod5 »

brett

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Australia
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Any chance FARR could call up the "Blue Screen Of Death"
shortcut/alias  "BSOD"

also
"crash"
"freeze"
"lockup"

Brett

« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 08:31 AM by brett »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nod5 - yes you are certainly right, we need to over use classical music for sure.

By the way let's not pick on dash, there is lots of inspiration to be had from Enzo, which as really channeled the mac hype style:
http://www.humanized...ducts/enso/launcher/

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
mac vs pc type thing?

It's Find and Run Robot...what M$ character is famous for the job of not finding things all that well?

Rover! (think of XP's search)

So all we need is a guy to be FARR Man and a dog...a dumb dog.

Put them both on what looks like a windows desktop...and a 'user' that you don't see, but you hear his voice, asks both of them to find things for him.

FARR Man dashes away and comes back each time with what he asks for, no matter what it is.

Dog just lays there and does nothing...or just typical dog things....basically just being useless.

The real comedy is in what FARR Man is asked to find and bring back or do. The requests start out reasonable but get crazy as the user begins to see that FARR Man is actually a magical genie and starts to test FARR Man's abilities, and begins to feed him requests for stuff he wishes he had. But FARR Man succeeds each time....ending with FARR Man reading the user's mind and bringing back something the user didn't ask for, but did think about... or ending with FARR Man being psychic and predicting what the user will need.

(I am thinking that FARR Man may have provided him with cash, sports car, sexy girl friend, etc.. and the user might be in need of some condoms that FARR Man provides without being asked)

And the whole time, Rover the M$ search dog is totally useless.

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Since mouser started this thread, I thought that the only possible movie was an animated one, done in Flash. Now app post tells me that the movie is screaming "Rover vs. Cody" from the start. Besides, you could do things in animation not possible with real actors, at least with your budget :). I can see Cody flashing around in this upcoming blockbuster ;)

Totally off-topic and harsh, but are the Enso guys getting stupid day by day? Did they try IE 7 lately? And Quick Tabs? :huh:

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A bit ambitious, but I'm currently exploring the art of brickfilming (making films with LEGO minifigs), and that would certainly be a pretty cool and inexpensive way to shoot this "fight" :D

Requires quite a bit of work, so for FARR v.5... maybe ;)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
both animated and real person spoof might be too ambitious, but someone with a good sense of humour might try writing and narrating a powerpoint-style presentation?

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Don't forget that FARR is Web 2.0

*uninstalls FARR*

:P

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A bit ambitious, but I'm currently exploring the art of brickfilming (making films with LEGO minifigs), and that would certainly be a pretty cool and inexpensive way to shoot this "fight" :D

Cool! Michel Gondry is a bit out of DC's economical reach, so you have to shoot this spinoff of The White Stripes hit "Fell in Love with FARR" :D

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
only 10 days left to complete this project (it has to be available on release day for full effect)..

doesn't anyone want to try it? pleeeeeeaseeeeee

p3lb0x

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/125/farrroxfr8.gif
A long shot: anyone up for creating a fake satire hype video for FARR v2?

hows this for a little gif?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 04:41 PM by p3lb0x »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
hehehehe nice :)
but isn't it illegal the rules to make a stick figure gif animation where one of the characters isn't getting murdered?

p3lb0x

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i dont know, havent checked up the laws of amateur animation