topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:25 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: A long shot: anyone up for creating a fake satire hype video for FARR v2?  (Read 21182 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
How about... FARR - it's what puts the stripes in two-point-zero.
- carpe noctem

Nod5

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
mouser, yes I meant it only as a friendly poke towards Dash of course. Dramatic classical music is widespread in the whole genre of demo videos so it would be more of a general parody really.

I have no video making experience and will be vacationing in the coming weeks and so can't contribute much. But I hope someone makes this happen -- it could create positive buzz for FARR.

app103: FARR vs. that MS dog is a good idea! I can really picture it.

As for FARR vs the start menu: how about a custom created start menu with A LOT of messy folders and subfolders covering the whole screen basically. When navigating, let the folders have regular names in the beginning but more and more weird the deeper the narrator navigates...

example: program > games > some games > more games > simon sorcerer II > simon sorcerer I > Pong > Q how many more folders > A many more > and more > ahhhgr!!! enough already

And at that stage in the folder tree the narrator gives up on the start menu and pulls up FARR, types a few characters, find and launches the game. That last sequence is then repeated, now in slowmotion with a millisecond counter running and to the sound of racing cars. The text "world record" flashes at the end.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm going to be making real video demos showing how FARR is useful and what it can do.

So i suggest that this satire video be pure humour, and not try to show real abilities of FARR, but instead make fun of the whole hyped demo thing, and pretend FARR can do all sorts of crazy stuff it can't.  Like a mac commercial on crack.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
As for FARR vs the start menu: how about a custom created start menu with A LOT of messy folders and subfolders covering the whole screen basically. When navigating, let the folders have regular names in the beginning but more and more weird the deeper the narrator navigates...

example: program > games > some games > more games > simon sorcerer II > simon sorcerer I > Pong > Q how many more folders > A many more > and more > ahhhgr!!! enough already

And at that stage in the folder tree the narrator gives up on the start menu and pulls up FARR, types a few characters, find and launches the game. That last sequence is then repeated, now in slowmotion with a millisecond counter running and to the sound of racing cars. The text "world record" flashes at the end.

FARR vs my twin taskbars of doom (mouser thinks they are scary)  ;D

A battle to the death! Which would win? 

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
http://www.stickpage.com/

Amusingly enough, a community for stick-death animators is how I met Deozaan so many years back :P

Sadly, the de-lifing of stick figures is the extent of my "talents".

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
less than a week left... will no one create this? :( :( :(

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Are you suffering from Start Menu Dysfunction? Does it take you longer and longer to get your app up? Does repeated clicking and clicking only leave you lost and unsatisfied. Well your troubles are over!! Just put this little blue button in your system tray and your troubles will be FARR away! You'll be the envy of your #channel. Beautiful people who never acted like you existed will now provide you with plugins!! Programs you haven't used for years will throw themselves at you to be executed!!! BUT WAIT ! That's not all. If you act now, mouser will throw in not three, not four, not even five, but SIX, count them 1 2 3 4 5 6 plugins !!!!!