topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:57 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Poll

I am sick of dealing with Government agencies, Banking Institutions, and the Entertainment Industry.  I can't decide which is the most corrupt.  Choose your opinion below.

Entertainment Industry
4 (23.5%)
Government Institutions
4 (23.5%)
Banking Institutions
7 (41.2%)
Other
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Who is more corrupt?  (Read 5570 times)

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Who is more corrupt?
« on: July 10, 2007, 12:39 PM »
I just finished dealing with my lawyer and the government red tape we have to go through to open an estate (a hassle in itself.  6 months and two lawyers just to accomplish a half hour paperwork job >:(), just to be hit with a banking institution I never contracted with for online services looking for payment on a "debt" that was incurred over 2 years ago.  This debt was over a bank error that I disputed, but they refused to acknowledge.  When I refused to pay bills until they recognized it, all of a sudden they found my dispute and we finally resolved it with final payment to the bank to as the seal to the issue - or so I thought.  Apparently the bank insulates itself by using third party contracts for the online payments, but now they refuse to pay the contractor and the contractor is comming back to me.  Even with the letters of resolution they are not bothering to even contact the bank for proof of payment and my legwork can not access the bank records.

The entertainment industry is well known for their underhanded, conniving ways, but I think there is more corruption elsewhere.  What do you think?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Who is more corrupt?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 12:56 PM »
hahahahaha what a poll..  ok i voted.

Cpilot

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Bite Notes
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 01:16 PM »
Banks and other finacial institutions, without a doubt.
'Zombie' debt is hard to kill

Today, however, collecting on old debts is a rapidly expanding industry. Aggressive companies can buy charged-off credit card accounts from the original lenders for pennies on the dollar or less. Then, they use credit-scoring and other new technologies to identify which debtors are most likely to pay. The players in this "junk debt" market range from fly-by-night outfits to well-established companies funded by Wall Street investors.

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 02:45 PM »
Wow, looks like I am not the only one that feels that way after all.

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 06:03 PM »
I wanted to vote for all of them  ;D

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 06:52 PM »
I ended voting Government Institutions. The media industry is obviously very sick, and the banking institutions are greedy bastards. But it's the government that lets itself be lobbied to death, passes incredibly stupid laws, and accept moronic patents.
- carpe noctem

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 06:55 PM »
Perhaps it's country specific. For example in the UK you might see a shift more towards banking rather than US government for example.

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 07:30 PM »
Actually, I sort of expected that.  But I figured in balance it will work out.  It is just a good way to release my frustrations with all three, because like Grorgy, I think all three to one extent or another would fit.