ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Who is more corrupt?

(1/2) > >>

steeladept:
I just finished dealing with my lawyer and the government red tape we have to go through to open an estate (a hassle in itself.  6 months and two lawyers just to accomplish a half hour paperwork job >:(), just to be hit with a banking institution I never contracted with for online services looking for payment on a "debt" that was incurred over 2 years ago.  This debt was over a bank error that I disputed, but they refused to acknowledge.  When I refused to pay bills until they recognized it, all of a sudden they found my dispute and we finally resolved it with final payment to the bank to as the seal to the issue - or so I thought.  Apparently the bank insulates itself by using third party contracts for the online payments, but now they refuse to pay the contractor and the contractor is comming back to me.  Even with the letters of resolution they are not bothering to even contact the bank for proof of payment and my legwork can not access the bank records.

The entertainment industry is well known for their underhanded, conniving ways, but I think there is more corruption elsewhere.  What do you think?

mouser:
hahahahaha what a poll..  ok i voted.

Cpilot:
Banks and other finacial institutions, without a doubt.
'Zombie' debt is hard to kill

Today, however, collecting on old debts is a rapidly expanding industry. Aggressive companies can buy charged-off credit card accounts from the original lenders for pennies on the dollar or less. Then, they use credit-scoring and other new technologies to identify which debtors are most likely to pay. The players in this "junk debt" market range from fly-by-night outfits to well-established companies funded by Wall Street investors.

--- End quote ---

steeladept:
Wow, looks like I am not the only one that feels that way after all.

Grorgy:
I wanted to vote for all of them  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version