topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 11:28 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help  (Read 347767 times)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SnapSuite program family: News update (no downloads)
« Reply #525 on: August 26, 2008, 08:08 PM »
I am working on a small personal tabbed web browser, the Opera Mini of SmartBrowse if you will. It looks like a dead project, due to several reasons- I won't go into detail as I'll confuse myself as well. Don't expect to see it at all.

I learned a bit about variables and plan to make a couple of improvements to all my programs with regard to variables (if you don't know what I am talking about, a variable is just a data chunk that can hold various types of information). Also, I may update and repair code on older programs (SS 08 for example) and release the code for others to fiddle with.

There are quite a few small, insignificant issues with the Calculator (nothing that affects normal usage, or abnormal usage for that matter) - mostly graphical things: it can be maximized (not wanted), it can be resized (not wanted), etc. Things that I merely forgot. I won't re-post updates here, but I will include them in future SS and GOS updates.

Anyways, nothing new yet. I'll keep you guys posted if I make something cool or get the time to go and update everything with better code or something. :)

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help
« Reply #526 on: August 27, 2008, 06:28 PM »
Alright, making some code improvements to FloorIt to make it more readable and maintainable later on. Also about to add some error-catching functions. I have learned a bit in my advanced programming class, and am putting it to work in this update.

You won't see anything changed, other than the new splash screen:
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7900/flooritbannerby8.png
SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

Figured it was kind of a funny slogan for it (it is also a song from the game "Need for Speed: Underground" for those of you that don't know) :P

(Song is here (rap/hip-hop): http://www.jamglue.c...Pablo-Need-for-Speed)

Expect an update in a week!

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #527 on: August 31, 2008, 04:26 AM »
Just put together a sketch for the SnapSuite 2009 splash screen (took me about 30 seconds). I found it rather amusing (was listening to “Having Trouble Sneezing” by Mark Mothersbaugh while I made it).

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4474/snapsuitesplashoc9.png

You can't tell me that that isn't at least a little amusing. C'mon. You know you smiled ;) ;D

Anyways:
I was about 1/2 done with the SS09 MCU (Massive Code Update) when I hit a major bump (no graphics!). Backups rule. :)

FloorIt Alpha 2 is just about ready, but I am going to give it another week or so because I want to show it to some friends and see what they think about it.

Nothing else to report or upload yet.

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #528 on: September 01, 2008, 06:27 PM »
SnapSuite 2009's "tech refresh" is going mostly well, with only one annoying (and so far, unfixable) error (read about it here: https://www.donation...?topic=14669.new#new). Other than that, the GUI is getting a slight update, and some other small stuff being updated. The naming scheme on objects is being made "standard", and I am planning some type of documentation (now that I can talk to my PC, it doesn't sound like such an endeavor anymore).

I will post screenshots when the whole thing is ready to go, but at this point it is minor (but positive) changes and improvements.

Images and more news (possible final beta) soon!

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #529 on: September 05, 2008, 06:17 PM »
Alright, my new incarnation of SmartBrowse is coming to life - and it is all coded by me; no more reliance on IE7Clone's base and the bundled tabcontrol.

It is essentially SmartBrowse 2.4, with a standard UI, and lacking features (its a personal alpha, so at this point, what can you expect?). It covers the basics of browsing and what you expect in a tabbed browser, with a bump or two along the way (once again, alpha).

Anyways, it looks pretty good IMO, nice and basic, but I plan on adding stuff in like I did with SB 2.4.

(I was going to post this around 10PM last night, but I found several major bugs with it while posting this - they are fixed now, and I had a friend at school today "do whatever you can to break it", and he found several more bugs. Teamwork = win!)

I attatched a screenshot, it is pretty much the same visually as SmartBrowse, but it has technical improvements, as well as things I could NOT do in SM due to IE7Clone's base (closing tabs via a hotkey, for example).

EDIT: As you can see in the image, I posted this in MB ;)

-Brandon

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #530 on: September 06, 2008, 03:04 AM »
Just put together a sketch for the SnapSuite 2009 splash screen (took me about 30 seconds). I found it rather amusing (was listening to “Having Trouble Sneezing” by Mark Mothersbaugh while I made it).

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4474/snapsuitesplashoc9.png

You can't tell me that that isn't at least a little amusing. C'mon. You know you smiled ;) ;D

;D  love it Brandon  :Thmbsup:
Tom

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #531 on: September 08, 2008, 02:17 AM »
Thanks tom :) ;D

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
MiniBrowse updated info & image
« Reply #532 on: September 09, 2008, 01:27 AM »
Alright, MiniBrowse is making major progress - I am one awesome debugger! :P (I was seriously going from bug to bug fixing everything I found, 6 in total)

Buglist:
Spoiler
[FIXED]Error occurs when a tab is opened a while second new tab is loading a page. 
[FIXED]When tab is closed with no remaining tabs an error message shown, disable this.
[FIXED]When closing a tab, the first tab in the list is selected.
[FIXED]When the last tab is closed, the first is selected.
[FIXED]When first tab is closed, none are selected.
[FIXED]Home page not accessible if navigation has not taken place (due to webbrowser not being
created).

Tabs are now fully functional, with no (known) bugs! I am going to ask my friend to "do whatever possible to break it" tomorrow at lunch, and I'll see what he makes of it (when you let a teenager (ex: me, but I can't because I made it, and it's better to have someone "outside of the box") go insane with a piece of experimental computer software, you find REALLY wierd bugs ;D). There are only a couple basic functionality items missing, and it is far from perfect, but it works great, and it doesn't take a whole screen's worth of space*.

(*MiniBrowse is my first program to be NON 800x600 compatible - the address bar had to be long to not look awkward, and therefore MiniBrowse runs, by default, in 900x600. Sorry!)

I attatched an image, not much new, but it shows the new size (I increased it a bit for myself). Control+T and Control+W hotkeys have worked since my first post about MB, just FYI. I plan on making as many standard shortcuts as possible. A Preferences window is also in the works.

(TBH, I am proud that I got this tabs thing down, and now I can apply it to various other things, if needed, later on - it is really cool once you get it working)

-Brandon

EDIT: Take note that the RAM usage there in the image is running with the Visual Studio IDE, and (hopefully!) does not reflect the actual RAM usage. CPU usage is reasonably precise though.

EDIT 2: Example of "REALLY wierd bugs": "I like clicked this button like 5 million times and it like... started freaking out, so I hit the Close button like a ton of times, and then it showed this error." (That actually helped me fix a problem with the tabs on Friday.)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 01:31 AM by wreckedcarzz »

Veign

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Veign - Where design meets development
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #533 on: September 09, 2008, 10:24 AM »
Something you may be interested in is my Usage Monitor.  Lets you tracks processes and set alerts as you look for memory leaks.  I created this to help remove memory leaks in applications I was developing.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #534 on: September 10, 2008, 07:51 PM »
Cool! IMO I am more worried about efficiency and CPU usage, but that will definitely come in handy. Thanks Veign! :)

(I found another bug, might be the reason for the high RAM usage, it wasn't closing tabs properly. Fixed now.)

Oh, and before I forget, I might end up renaming the browser ("Africa" for some reason sprung to my mind today while brainstorming :huh:), but here is an idea for a splash screen (to go with the theme I have so far):
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8149/minibrowsebannerdy1.png

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
MiniBrowse RAM Overload: Not ready for beta testing yet...
« Reply #535 on: September 10, 2008, 10:19 PM »
MiniBrowse uses a large *UM pops up* amount of RAM: 2 tabs *UM pops up* open after 15 minutes *UM pops up* of browsing, and 50MB is used. *UM pops up*

I would say something doesn't *UM pops up* smell right. Time to code...

(UM is referring to Veign's Usage Monitor, and it popped up that many times (5) while typing this because MiniBrowse is now using 52MB (50 was the alert limit). It helps immensely :) (I'm forgetful))

I was actually hoping to upload a working EXE with this post, being all happy about this working so well... but I don't think that 50MB for 2 tabs is really appropriate. (Comparison: FF 3.0.1 with several addons, at the main DC Forum page (not logged in), and the Start Page, is only about 39.5MB). :-\ :(

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #536 on: September 12, 2008, 01:40 AM »
I sent out betas to friends for testing on normal usage (as well as abnormal) earlier this evening (my time). No bugs found that were related to MiniBrowse (one IE bug that I can't do anything about, and one weird bug that looks like it came from an older .NET version, but it sure isn't a MB problem...).

So far so good. No progress on the RAM problem yet, but I did read that part of that is overhead from .NET... nonetheless, I plan to do whatever I can to un-bloat MB.

Made some major tab control changes, works much better than before (similar to Firefox, but the first tab is un-closeable, like IE7). I have a LONG list of things I would like to add, but I would say 80% of them will never make it past the TXT file they are in; this is due to lack of knowledge and desire to complete them.

Anyways... stable: yes. Ready: not quite. PM me if your curious about it and want a copy, but it isn't anything to write home about (unless you like minimalistic software, like me). I was going to upload a video of it working, but I couldn't get my video capture software to cooperate with me. I'll try again in a day or so.

Veign

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Veign - Where design meets development
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #537 on: September 12, 2008, 08:43 AM »
(UM is referring to Veign's Usage Monitor, and it popped up that many times (5) while typing this because MiniBrowse is now using 52MB (50 was the alert limit). It helps immensely :) (I'm forgetful))

Glad its useful to you.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #538 on: September 13, 2008, 01:35 AM »
The browser is holding its own, still no real solution to the RAM issue, so it is an addition to the "list".

Back to SnapSuite: I am finishing off the 2009 version, and it looks mighty professional IMO. I am bug testing a small addition to PlayMe right now, and it looks great. All code is being looked over, all control naming conventions confirmed. From a coding standpoint, I believe it is solid. From a UI standpoint, it could use some work, but it is such an immense fix to SS 2008's *****y UI that I don't see it as a problem - it isn't bad, just somewhat abnormal at first.

At this point, with the exception of SmartBrowse 2.4 (the final version it appears, Mini is taking over as a much better alternative), if I can't fix a problem within a few minutes, I am chucking the feature. The Notes 2.1 typing speed monitor has been the first to get the boot - it worked great, but made a strange conflict (see here: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=14669.0).

If you used SnapSuite 2008, and you have NOT used the 2009 alpha versions, this is a huge change - but 100% for the better. The only thing that 2008 has that 2009 lacks is screen capture functionality.

I want to finish this up and get the final alpha (3) out to everyone to make sure it meets approval. GoOS is currently moving slowly (ironic: "Go" moving slowly), but it will be the next major project I do. I have a desktop selection tool in the works that has a nice simple UI just like XP's.

Summary: SnapSuite 2009 looks better, the code is solid, and the few things that don't work are being thrown out.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8101/snapsuite2009latestka4.png

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8101/snapsuite2009latestka4.2b3416054e.jpg

texaslady

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #539 on: September 13, 2008, 04:49 PM »
Hello Brandon
Have just used your smart suites.

it has not solved my problem.
my problem stems from: 

went to control panel to change from sounds to text as I am deaf and cannot hear them.

what happened next was and is weird.  My print is extra large, the icon that lets you change back to what you were is gone, and when i power up the computer i get the "ACTIVE DESKTOP REMOVER".  howerver it wont even remove itself, even after going through all the steps  that was suggested.  even at start up pressing f2 or f12 does not take me to the very beginnin in order to reboot the whole system.  Even tried a system restore and its says there is no point to restore to.  oh yes = most of the menus and choices are black and cant read them.

so as you can see I have more than one problem and don't know  how to fix any of them.     
Can you help?

Please?  Texas Lady :stars:

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #540 on: September 14, 2008, 08:02 PM »
@Texaslady: I sent you a PM with some instructions. Let me know how it works out. :)

Back to programs:
FloorIt 1.0 is going to be released Friday. I am checking for updated utilities now (the ones that FloorIt uses) so that everything is as up to date as possible.

GoOS is going to have some updates here in the next month, possibly a public beta. Not sure at this time though, depends on the time I have to devote on it.

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SNAPSUITE 2009 FINAL - PREVIEW AVAILABLE
« Reply #541 on: September 18, 2008, 01:55 PM »
OK, I am almost done with SnapSuite 2009 (Final) - it uses all my new applications (FloorIt, MiniBrowse and PlayMe 2.3), as well as the OLD installer (the single click one). This makes it [the install process] non-customizable, however it makes it easier for everyone: most people don't worry about where a program is installed to, and the install is faster than it was previously. It is easier for me because I don't have to tinker with my FTP program, or worry about convoluted updates. So yes, it has its flaws and drawbacks, but in most cases it is better than the more complex route.

Overall, it is a nice release, and runs much better than the alpha versions I had (I redid the solution from scratch, bringing over the GUI and code as I "refreshed" it to be more readable (code) and more logical (GUI layout)).

Download:

Anyways, if you absolutely MUST have the new version RIGHT NOW (3 months early :P), feel free to click here and click the "Install" button. SnapSuite will notify you of updates as I roll them out to the server. SS is prepared for "enable updates", where as I complete various portions of the program, I enable the options to allow access. If it isn't enabled (grayed out), it isn't ready yet. :)

Any last second feedback, thoughts or feelings: give them to me ASAP! I am ready to make the 2010 version, so if I don't know about something you would like to see changed, it won't happen in this years version. :tellme:

ENJOY!
-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #542 on: September 25, 2008, 06:06 PM »
I'll be pushing out a new version of SnapSuite soon (well, an update, since it isn't complete yet, so it's not really a new version... anyways...) with a couple new changes, and the installer including checks/auto-installing for .NET 2.0 and 3.0 (in addition to the standard 3.5 and Windows Installer 3.1). This is simply to help update computers lacking the technology.

I am working to get BasicBrowse done, but Walt has a couple additions he is working on for it (I don't know what the heck happened to Easy Browse Beta...it was looking really good :-\). So that's on hold until the new additions are finished.

I would give a time, but each time I say it'll be done in X days, it takes like 5x that long, and still isn't done, so I'll keep quiet. :P

EDIT: Mouser presented an intriguing program idea to me... I'm pondering what to do - more details later.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The browser wars are on! (SnapSuite topic)
« Reply #543 on: September 28, 2008, 11:35 PM »
The browser wars are on! Say what???

OK, it's official, Walt wants to show me up with his browser. When you stop laughing, continue reading (just kidding :P).

Unfortunately, Walt's browser looks good, and MiniBrowse looks... Windows ME, anyone (with a dash of 98SE on the side)? But I still have options, and a tray icon + menu... but his browser sports Favorites and History (I think?). But why do you want that, when you can have it (history, cookies, etc) cleaned up for you on exit, a-la Firefox, in MiniBrowse?

Idiotic, semi l33t (;D :P) conversation about this...
Spoiler
(Edited to clean out NSFW material :-[)
[20:58] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: visual vs freaking overly functional
[Passing time]: ...
[21:00] Walt: and mines gonna function
[21:00] Walt: Beautifully
[21:00] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: :P
[21:00] Walt: FavoritesPanel close button now coded :D
[21:02] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: i was so happy to get the settings working
[21:02] Walt: How'd you do it?
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: just does checks based on each thing
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: when u click save
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: it like
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: does w/e it needs to
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: based on the checked property
[21:03] Walt: Does it write to txt file??
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: of each checkbox
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: no
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: stored in the exe
[21:03] Walt: So are the settings permanent?
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: ye
[21:03] Walt: How in the **** do you do that?!
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: *laughs evilly*
[21:03] Walt: Thats it
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: 1 file application
[21:04] Walt: This is mo ****** war
[21:04] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: :)
[21:04] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: lol
[21:04] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: XD
[21:04] Walt: I proclaim this
[21:04] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: LOL
[21:04] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: XD
[21:04] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: XDXDXDXD
[21:04] Walt: BROWSER WAR
[21:04] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: LOL
[21:04] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: i r gun post this @ DC lmfao

Here is an up-to-date image of both (click for full size)...

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2717/preview2za1.png
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/8379/minibrowsepreview2hb8.png

And please ignore my complete ignorance in promoting Firefox (at least) 3x in my image... :-[ :o ;D :P

This could get interesting... EDIT: And funny :P

-Brandon

EDIT: In response to Walt's below post... that was kind of random... (NSFW)
Spoiler
You might have an AK-47, but this is all that's left of you
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/2522/own3doneeleven1ln2.png

« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 11:48 PM by wreckedcarzz »

Loki15

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #544 on: September 28, 2008, 11:41 PM »
Pulls out AK 47.. I call this my "browser"! *Points gun at Brandon's browser* Say hello to my little friend!!!! Ooo pwned.  :P Brandon, your a great friend, and your an even better programmer, so I'm gonna get my *** kicked worse then Shamrock did when he fought Tito for the 3rd time.  But I'm gonna atleast try to give you a challenge, so all I can say is lets get this **** on!  ;D

P.S : Mez iz a n3wb! Lolz!! bUt mez is lik3 s0 ub3r l33t youz just can't hang, 0k@y?!

I have a feeling were embarking on a very jackass like battle. Stay tuned, this is gonna be fun.
R.I.P Terry Winstel, you were a musician, a hero, and a well loved man.  But above all, you were my dad. Forever in my heart 1953-2009.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 01:26 AM by Loki15 »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #545 on: October 02, 2008, 06:10 PM »
Back on topic (and back to sanity :P), I am attempting to incorporate the tabs of MiniBrowse into other apps, like Notes. This makes the Notes UI appear similar to Notepad++, and I am using it as a somewhat of a guide - it is a great little program. Notes, however, is just a recreation of Notepad, but with less options and a few more features.

MiniBrowse is on pause, and XtremeDraw... *curses under breath* has been lost on my now-dead hard drive (a friend of mine has agreed to attempt a recovery, but...). My backup solution failed, as I was undergoing a refresh of my project handing setup at the time, and none of my computers have it. This bites.

But at least I'm getting something done. Images soon. :)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #546 on: October 05, 2008, 01:16 AM »
Oh yea! Everyone dance! :P

I have finally found a method of doing automatic/manual updates, without using DcUpdater OR Visual Studio's crappy (current) updating system. No additional software required, less overhead than the current system, and this one can be triggered automatically or manually, and based off options. :D :D :D

It will be done later tonight (my time, 11PM right now, that is hour 23 for those of you outside the US), however I won't upload it for a day or so. That'll give me time to make sure it works and doesn't randomly screw up :P

If it all works out, all my programs should utilize this updating system. It requires me to use the FTP client again, but it will be faster than what I am doing now, so that is still an improvement (once again).

Images soon (might upload them to this post if I get them done in the next hour or so) :Thmbsup:

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #547 on: October 07, 2008, 11:56 PM »
Some things are too good to give up. Bragging is a prime example. :P

My update to MiniBrowse brings a new ... component into the (tool)box. You can call it Firefox. Developers call it Gecko 1.9.

I *JUST* pulled it off, but here is the Mozilla Firefox Start Page, the start page for MiniBrowse (until I figure out Gecko home pages), rendered with Gecko 1.9 (Firefox 3's engine), in MiniBrowse. :D

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8527/servedbitchuu1.png

(9:53:19 PM) Walt: real cute how it loads the firefox start page ;)

As I say: Inorite? :)

EDIT: For that "polished" effect...
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6413/servedbitch4aj4.png

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 12:40 AM by wreckedcarzz »

Loki15

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #548 on: October 08, 2008, 10:38 PM »
For some damn strange reason I saw you posting that.. As you said
Walt && Shalena: Your like super dumb. and your gonna lose. <br>[ToW] Wreckedcarzz - Rise Against - Paper Wings: inorite!
R.I.P Terry Winstel, you were a musician, a hero, and a well loved man.  But above all, you were my dad. Forever in my heart 1953-2009.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 10:41 PM by Loki15 »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #549 on: October 09, 2008, 04:08 PM »
<offtopic>

For some damn strange reason I saw you posting that.. As you said
Walt && Shalena: Your like super dumb. and your gonna lose. <br>[ToW] Wreckedcarzz - Rise Against - Paper Wings: inorite!

Can you say editing? "Your like super dumb. and your gonna lose." was not found in log :P - I have a 1.94MB log size for a reason (back to Feb) ;)

(10:28:28 PM) Walt && Shalena: need to replace that icon
(10:28:31 PM) Brandon: inorite
(10:28:37 PM) Brandon: :P

</offtopic>

Anywho, I am having issues getting data to come back from the Gecko control to the form. It doesn't want to read the data until I kick in another event, whereas it should work right where it is now (with some changes from the IE to the Gecko control, of course). Starting to annoy me. :(