topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 3:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: powerful screen capture-----ACA capture PRO  (Read 15157 times)

titan216

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
powerful screen capture-----ACA capture PRO
« on: September 23, 2006, 12:42 AM »
 I found that the ACA capture PRO   is the right capture software i want. it is pretty good for the person who has to capture abundont images or videos from pages. furthermore, the ACA capture PRO has many enhanced features: capture all flash file from web page, create videos of your computer screen (make AVI Video/Movie), and capture any icons whatever from a file, a directory, or whole harddisk on your computer. With ACA Capture Pro's many features, you can save time and enhance your screen shots.

with ACA capture PRO, you can:

IMAGE Capture: We perfected windows screen capture and improve it with every release, such as full screen (include DirectX game screen), windows, object, ellipse, polygon, rectangle, menu...etc..
WEB IMAGE Capture: ACA Capture can capture all images that appear on the web pages.
WEB PAGE Capture: ACA Capture can capture a long web page to an image file, even if it scrolls off-screen.
WEB FLASH Capture: ACA Capture can capture all flash files that appear on the web pages.
ICON Capture: You can use this tool to capture any icons whatever from a file, a directory, or whole harddisks on your computer.
VIDEO Capture: You can capture the action from your Windows screen and saves it as a standard, easily edited, AVI (Audio-Video Interleaved) movie file.

if you need more information about the ACA capture PRO, check there for further details:
http://www.acasystems.com

moerl

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: powerful screen capture-----ACA capture PRO
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 02:17 AM »
How does it compare to SnagIt? That's what I use :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 06:18 AM »

Wordzilla

• Forum Search Daemon
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Two there should be; no more, no less.
    • View Profile
    • FreeThesaurus.net - The Free Online Synonym Finder
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 06:31 AM »
LOL  ;D

On the website of this program, it claims to get rated 5/5 by CNET editors.

In fact -

Not only is this progam NOT reviewed by CNET, but also it gets a 2/5 user rating.
http://www.download.com/ACA-Capture-Pro/3640-2192_4-10565132.html

which says:

not recomended

17-Aug-2006 03:45:39 PM
Reviewer: osama baba

Pros: can take a snap of ur desktop and of other pictures

Cons: does not lives up to all the claims of the publisher n is totally ineffective in capturing videos or screenshots during games.

And btw, the big shiny "Download now (it's free)!" button on the top of the website is a total joke.

dk70

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 09:16 AM »
That is a "User review", Cnet have not done "Editors review" of newer version so they use an old quote from 2004. http://www.acasystem...repro/award_cnet.htm Normal procedure...

sri

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Sridhar Katakam
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 09:26 AM »
That is a "User review", Cnet have not done "Editors review" of newer version so they use an old quote from 2004. http://www.acasystem...repro/award_cnet.htm Normal procedure...

Can you show me the Download.com(CNET) Review you have quoted on your site at its original source, i.e., at Download.com(CNET)?

Also, why do you write "it's free" on your web site when it is not? Free (30-day?) trial version doesn't qualify a software as a free.
<a href="https://sridharkatakam.com">My blog</a>

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 09:38 AM »
Not only is it not free, it's very much not free -- and has apparently taken a price hike.  The more info page says it's 39.95 while the checkout says it's 51 dollars and something (actually 64 bucks, but there's a 20% discount) -- so even with the discount it's more than the info page claims :)

Such inconsistencies bother me -- especially considering the price tag and the fact that -none- of the accolades link to actual offsite reviews.

For my money, it's screenshot captor all the way.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 09:41 AM »
ok let's all take a deep breath and move on, i think the point has been made.

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 09:43 AM »
Fine, mouser. I'm not using Screenshot Captor anymore.  I'm going to use ACA. So there! ;D

Wordzilla

• Forum Search Daemon
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 09:47 AM »
It's very very hard for me to understand that a program that "won" so many top Editor's Choice, 5/5 rating awards -

1. Not even one of the claimed offsite reviews can actually be found.

2. Why would the author who writes such a great program sort to this kind of anonymous, guerrilla, spam-like advertising?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 09:57 AM »
im not defending anyone specifically, but authors are in a kind of no win situation regarding getting the word out, unless they have tons of money to spend on advertising.

most forums they might post on, if they admit that they are the author, most forums will kill the post and say "SPAMMER!!!"
so there is a strong incentive not to admit you are affiliated with the company.

that's why we made this section so that authors and companies wouldnt have to do that.

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 10:07 AM »
The problem, as near as I can tell, is not that the author is spreading the word -- everyone here knows about spreading the word about your own and your favorite software.  Grass roots is good.  The problem is when the word being spread is potentially false or at least greatly exaggurated -- if not altogether contradicted by the actual data available.

dk70

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 01:30 PM »
Search Archives. Cnet have changed since 2004 and info is not available. What is so strange about Cnet giving out a bunch of stars? They do that to 100s of programs. I will surprised if they have changed 1 word in quote.

This dude here does not have be author, "partner" will do http://www.acasystem....com/en/partners.php Also not unusual.

Alex.S

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 04:51 AM »
LOL  ;D

On the website of this program, it claims to get rated 5/5 by CNET editors.

In fact -

Not only is this progam NOT reviewed by CNET, but also it gets a 2/5 user rating.
http://www.download.com/ACA-Capture-Pro/3640-2192_4-10565132.html

which says:

not recomended

17-Aug-2006 03:45:39 PM
Reviewer: osama baba

Pros: can take a snap of ur desktop and of other pictures

Cons: does not lives up to all the claims of the publisher n is totally ineffective in capturing videos or screenshots during games.

And btw, the big shiny "Download now (it's free)!" button on the top of the website is a total joke.

Hello everyone,

I am the author of ACA Capture Pro. :) I found this discuss by google.

ACA Capture Pro get the 5 Star Rating by CNet editor on April 19, 2004. The version is ACA Capture Pro v4.21, you can click following link to check the old archive at CNet download.com:
http://www.download....lpage&tag=button

The screenshots:

The details:
http://www.acasystem...repro/award_cnet.htm

However, download.com didn't reserve the Editor Rating on the current version V5.21. when you click the the Editor Review link on ACA Capture Pro 4.21 page, you will be re-directed to the latest version of ACA Capture Pro. The last version of ACA Capture Pro didn't show the old rating and reviews.

As a profressional screen capture software since 1999, we are never deceive our customer.

Alex.S
http://www.acasystems.com
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 04:55 AM by Alex.S »

Wordzilla

• Forum Search Daemon
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 05:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum Alex.S  :) And please accept my apologies for my premature conclusion above.

However I do have two questions here:

1. Why does it say "Download Now (it's free)" at the top of frontpage, and is displayed in such an obvious manner - when neither ACA Capture  ($29.95) or ACA Capture Pro ($39.95) is free?

2. titan216, the person who started this topic in last September, posted a series of messages promoting your product immediately after his registration on the forum. Those messages were highly suspicious of spamming and even a few were deleted because of obvious spamming.

Is the person one of your affiliates or your "pay per post" participants (who gets reward from you by posting positive reviews of your product on forums/blogs)? Or as he himself claimed:

i am a common user of ACA product....i do not have any further relationship with
ACA company..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are endorsing and promoting "pay per post", which DonationCoder.com does not approve.

From ACA Systems website:

Screenshot - 22_05_2007 , 8_18_15 PM.png

Screenshot - 22_05_2007 , 8_17_37 PM.png

DonationCoder's position on "pay per post" activities:

We've discussed this practice here:
https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=2341.0

While i can certainly sympathize with how hard it is for companies to get attention sometimes, even for the best products, needless to say this is absolutlely unacceptable here and i think it's a horrible idea, and it will not be tolerated on this forum.

I would advise everyone to stay away from any company that pays people to post about their stuff.

We always welcome software authors here to interact directly with users, and I appreciate timely response from you regarding these questions.  :)

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 05:57 AM »
After being caught by that download for free message a few times, ive come to realize that it is only referring to the download itself, meaning the site you download from wont charge you to download it but the software may cost, so i spose its not really the authors fault that it has that message on it, somewhat misleading though, especially if you are new to those sites

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 12:02 PM »
Welcome to the site alex.

Wordzilla, I'm not sure the objection to being paid for reviews is the same as getting a free license for writing a review.

Being paid money (or equivelent) for writing a (presumably positive) review seems bad to me.  It means that people will be writing glowing reviews in order to make money.  [worst is when they don't reveal they are bing paid -- if you announce you are being paid clearly in the review it's not quite as bad].

But getting a free copy of a program you think highly of based on a review you write of it seems pretty harmless to me, since there is no motivation to write good things about a program you don't truly like (otherwise why would you want a free copy?).

At least that's my view.

Worst:  Writing a positive review for money and not disclosing it.
Most Harmless: Getting a free copy of a program you like after writing a review about it.

Wordzilla

• Forum Search Daemon
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 12:23 PM »
@Mouser:

Read the "where are the requirements?" section above, don't you think it shares the exact same objectives, and is also "in the spirit" of 'pay per post'? What are the differences aside from not paying reviewers in cash?

Do you see anywhere in the requirements that says "Required text: I tested it and wrote this review, in return I got a free copy of the product."? Are you expecting reviewers who are after this offer to voluntarily append such text to their reviews? So what do you end up with? - false, paid (in nature) reviews.

It gives reviewers incentives to bias their reviews and it's so highly focused on marketing (SEO, etc.), at least in my opinion. Don't you reckon there's a strong desire not only to get the word out, but also to mislead potential customers? Is it something a reputable software vendor would do to promote its product? (e.g. eye-catching text on the front page saying: come on review our product on your site and you'll be rewarded after other people read it)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 01:34 PM »
I agree that it's in a gray area, and i think it could be a bit counterproductive because i think it detracts from the people who would write a review just because they like your software.  however, it still seems pretty harmless to me in that if the only thing the writer gets is a free copy, then obviously they like the program enough to want a free copy, and the "rules" don't say anything about you not being able to say anything negative, etc.  so i stand by my view that there isn't really any incentive to say good things about the program that you don't believe, so i don't see much harm in it.  the ones that i am totally opposed to is where people get paid to say good things about a product, where there is a very strong incentive to praise something and say positive things you don't really believe.

disclaimer: i've never written a review in exchange for a free copy (or for money of course!), but i have accepted a free copy of a program after i've posted a review.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:35 PM by mouser »

Alex.S

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2007, 01:29 AM »
I have used that kind of software ,i think it is fast and easy to use.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 10:29 AM »
Dear Curt...,

I am very glad to notice you that we released ACA Capture Pro 6 on March 03, 2011, this is a major update:

+ New interface, support skin.
    + Compatible with Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit.
    + Support for configure the video compressor.
    + Support for adjusting the video quality.
    + Add PDF format help document.
    + Add online help document.
    + Enhance the screen recording performance.
    + Display the size information of EMF files in listview.
    + Avoid the memory leaks when enabled the effect of wave edge.
    + Support mouse wheel in full screen.
    + Bug fixes.

More details, click here: http://www.acasystem...turepro/?refa=1-mail

Your license covers the version or versions of the software as specified at the time you received it. All versions of the same ´master´ number (the number before the first dot, for example, 2.0, 2.11, 2.5 -- all 2. anything) are covered by your license. If you download and install a ´point´ release and need a new license key because of changes to the program, we´ll provide you with a free upgrade to the ´point´ release. In most cases your older license will still work, without a need to re-issue a new key.

You purchased ACA Capture Pro on Jan 02, 2010, if you want to upgrade to version 6.00, you should pay a small upgrade fee with 50% off upgrade discount, the price is $19.98,
-ACASystems