topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:40 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: duckduckgo for email?  (Read 2906 times)

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
duckduckgo for email?
« on: August 27, 2022, 05:45 AM »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: duckduckgo for email?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 12:38 AM »
I followed your link and signed up for an account but could never get signed in. I had the DuckDuckGo extension installed but it would never accept my one-time passphrase and just kept reloading the login page. It was probably my ad-blocker (Brave Shields) interfering with things, but I didn't care enough about it to pursue it further.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 10:55 AM »
I followed your link and signed up for an account but could never get signed in. I had the DuckDuckGo extension installed but it would never accept my one-time passphrase and just kept reloading the login page. It was probably my ad-blocker (Brave Shields) interfering with things, but I didn't care enough about it to pursue it further.

Brave seems to block a lot even when you turn it off. Its incompatibility with certain websites no matter what really gives me thoughts about switching.

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 04:26 PM »

then you're braver than I  ;D

First (ALL) I'd heard of it was a splash screen that came up when I opened the browser (brave).  Sounded potentially interesting but the means of publicising it, and the fact that this was the only time I'd heard of it made me cautious

Nod5

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 07:22 AM »
I've tried the basic version where you get a [email protected] email alias. Works as expected. Useful if you don't want to use your main email to sign up for some site or newsletter. There are many other similar services but DuckDuckGo is well known and has a pretty good privacy track record.

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 02:10 PM »
I have been using it since before the public release, it works great IMO.