ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

duckduckgo for email?

(1/2) > >>

Target:
anyone know much about this?

https://www.spreadprivacy.com/protect-your-inbox-with-duckduckgo-email-protection/?s=pr-hp

Deozaan:
I followed your link and signed up for an account but could never get signed in. I had the DuckDuckGo extension installed but it would never accept my one-time passphrase and just kept reloading the login page. It was probably my ad-blocker (Brave Shields) interfering with things, but I didn't care enough about it to pursue it further.

wraith808:
I followed your link and signed up for an account but could never get signed in. I had the DuckDuckGo extension installed but it would never accept my one-time passphrase and just kept reloading the login page. It was probably my ad-blocker (Brave Shields) interfering with things, but I didn't care enough about it to pursue it further.
-Deozaan (August 28, 2022, 12:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Brave seems to block a lot even when you turn it off. Its incompatibility with certain websites no matter what really gives me thoughts about switching.

Target:
-Deozaan (August 28, 2022, 12:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

then you're braver than I  ;D

First (ALL) I'd heard of it was a splash screen that came up when I opened the browser (brave).  Sounded potentially interesting but the means of publicising it, and the fact that this was the only time I'd heard of it made me cautious

Nod5:
I've tried the basic version where you get a [email protected] email alias. Works as expected. Useful if you don't want to use your main email to sign up for some site or newsletter. There are many other similar services but DuckDuckGo is well known and has a pretty good privacy track record.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version