topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:22 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: New Visitors to Our Forum - Please Read This First  (Read 123753 times)

Amada

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: New Visitors to Our Forum - Please Read This First
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2008, 07:33 PM »
I'm new and I just wanted to say Hi to everybody.   :D

Hope I can come back and play/learn/grow/etc., and get to know some people at this Forum.

Are there any other new people just starting here?   :tellme:

I not new by a long shot :D but sure I'll say a quick hello and Welcome :)

Hi Tomos,

Wow, you have over 2,000 posts!  I'm impressed.

Thanks for the kind welcome message.   :D

bodyscanner

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 10:59 AM »
We're all so used to grabbing freeware here and there and do not often consider the effort, time, money, and other resources that have been... that still ARE invested here, and I hope this works out with keys and such, because such success would impel some help coming back your way. Thank you. In fact, thank you very much, once for each time I get to use any of your programs. Please accept this applause

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2008, 07:11 AM »
Hello and welcome!
Feel free to tell us a little about yourself here A place to tell us about yourself.

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2008, 07:17 AM »
Be warned, I do not think that this user will be replying. He posted here and in a topic which was recently deleted. It was spam for a dating website.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2008, 07:35 AM »
Be warned, I do not think that this user will be replying. He posted here and in a topic which was recently deleted. It was spam for a dating website.
Thanks, Josh.
I'm usually last past the post in the mental derby.  :-[

I don't give a fig for dating.

kosimov

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 04:57 AM »
This site is refreshingly different.  Most other sites are, in effect, mirrors of each other, more or less....

BTW, I donated as soon as I looked around a bit, though it wasn't much.  I have been disabled for several years and have little income, but wanted to do my part as I plan to use this site until I wear it out!  I don't know what is here yet, except for the one program I was looking for, which led me here, but I had made up my mind a while ago that I would "support" the sites which were unique and seemed to have some good people who were courteous and sincere, etc.  I am looking forward to visiting here.  Warning: I tend to write LONG messages, if the subject strikes me, though I have figured out why and I hope to be cured soon.

Larry H.

Where do I find out how to use all the stuff above this message (well, it is there now as I type, but it may not show for you when you read this)?  I am a fairly serious computer guy, having done a lot of computer design, software, etc. (I started up some companies back in 1980's and, after quite a long time of inactivity due to illness, I am starting another soon, but I never have "gotten into" the social messaging arena.)  I tend to focus on the text, and by the time I am done with that, I am so worn out I don't want to work at formatting, images, etc.!  But, maybe I will learn here....

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 09:38 AM »
hi Kosimov :)

Where do I find out how to use all the stuff above this message (well, it is there now as I type, but it may not show for you when you read this)?  I am a fairly serious computer guy, having done a lot of computer design, software, etc. (I started up some companies back in 1980's and, after quite a long time of inactivity due to illness, I am starting another soon, but I never have "gotten into" the social messaging arena.)  I tend to focus on the text, and by the time I am done with that, I am so worn out I don't want to work at formatting, images, etc.!  But, maybe I will learn here....

Preview below "Quick Reply" brings you to full range of options
Tooltips show if you hold mouse over buttons

Top line is all text formatting -
Formatting can be added to text already typed - select text and click e.g. B for bold - or click B and simply start typing for bold

Second row:-
The important ones I find are
  • the one with the globe on it for urls (now very user friendly, just click and add info as requested)
  • the speech globe for adding a quote (or simply select text from another post that you want to quote, copy & then click quote button within that post - it should just quote copied text but doesnt always work
  • List (bullets) is best add after creating a list (select text, click button)
  • BBC button is for code

explore the rest and/or ask for help with specific ones if you need it
Tom

Edit/ In fact if you click "Quote" on the top of this post you will see the formatting I have used, of course that might just confuse lol
Edit2/ minor corrections
Tom
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:41 AM by tomos »

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 11:49 AM »
For quite some time, I've been trying to figure out what the little squares mean off to the left (just above the number of Posts).  I notice that the number of squares varies and seems to have nothing to do with the number of postings.  Also, at times the color varies as well.  I'd be most grateful for an explanation.

Thanks in advance.

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 05:04 PM »
For quite some time, I've been trying to figure out what the little squares mean off to the left (just above the number of Posts).  I notice that the number of squares varies and seems to have nothing to do with the number of postings.  Also, at times the color varies as well.  I'd be most grateful for an explanation.

Thanks in advance.

Explanation here

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2009, 09:19 AM »
Explanation here
Thanks very much, PhilB.  Now that I see where it is, I'm not surprised that I couldn't find it on my own!

GUNGAKEL

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2009, 11:37 PM »
I'm new also.  I hope I can figure this site out. :-[

heayanae

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2009, 12:59 PM »
Hello people, I am not sure how I arrived at your site although I expect it was software related search of some kind. I live so far away from anywhere if I did donate money some third party would make more money than you would recieve to deliver it to you, if you understand what I am trying to say ?

I will look around and see what we have here. I saw a program which would take a Snapshot of VLC mediaPlayer as I was sleeping and listening to bedtime story, it all is becoming clear now why I am here. Please excuse my English, it is my first and only language. Let us see what we have here, I will browse.

Hello to all  :Thmbsup:

tranzor

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2009, 08:09 PM »
I found this site from a link that was to Mouser's 2-XL emulator (wonderfully done by the way). So far from general browsing, I like the info and apps this place has to offer. Will definitely throw a donation your way in a month or two when I have some funds saved up that I could spend
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:09 AM by tranzor »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2009, 08:12 PM »
Happy to see new people saying hello here, but as chris pointed out above, we have a specific thread where we love to hear from new members, and it's here:
https://www.donation.../index.php?topic=124

tshsp0723

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2009, 04:36 AM »
支持下了啊!

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2009, 08:51 AM »
支持下了啊!

Google translation.. :-\
firefox.exe-12_11_2009-001.png

http://translate.goo...om/translate_t#zh-CN|en|支持下了啊!

kinawanahemi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2010, 11:07 PM »
Thank You, software is working good, and I'm still handsome; so all is good with the world. :Thmbsup:

PeterRossy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2010, 07:06 AM »
Erm..it's good if he had read the title even.
Just one question: why is this guy writing in Korean if he could translate his reply?
Probably he is very high-minded? :-[

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2011, 02:42 PM »
Hi, I just found your website through a link on another site. I think you have a great idea going on here!

Yep, skies alive only knows how I got here. But I think there's a market for "weird little apps".

DM_Deleter

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2013, 08:38 AM »
Whew.  Lot of different things to take note of.  As for me, I'm retired and love looking at new programs and such.  I found this place because of a GAOTD site.
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/
I hope I didn't mess up any rules there.  Forgot to look for rules first before posting. 
Questions?  Oh yes, I have a couple.
Does this site maintain an IRC channel?
I thought I saw something about a donation chart?  Where is it?  I'll donate but I would like to have a framework to pick from first.
I'll even stay connected for a while to see if my comment is answered soon.  That leads to another question.  Do you have a "Follow this thread"?  I didn't notice one yet.
Oh, there must be other questions I could ask but I've forgot them.
Oh, and I do not speak Korean either.  i hope someone contacted Sucky to tell him how.
That's enough for now.   I'm not an overly aggressive poster.  But when I do post it is usually of the long worded type - Beware.

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2013, 09:04 AM »
Does this site maintain an IRC channel?
I thought I saw something about a donation chart?  Where is it?  I'll donate but I would like to have a framework to pick from first.

Welcome!

There is indeed an IRC channel, see: https://www.donation...ndex.php?action=chat

As for donations, there are no tiers or anything. It's open. An interesting thing about the donation system here is you essentially get your donation back in the form of credits, which you can distribute as you see fit -- given, for example, to a member who authored a program you find useful or helped you solve a problem. See the donations page. for more information

Edit: There is a chart!

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2013, 09:11 AM »
1) Does this site maintain an IRC channel?
2) I thought I saw something about a donation chart?  Where is it?
3) Do you have a "Follow this thread"?

hi DM_Deleter

1) web IRC is here
https://www.donation...ndex.php?action=chat
This channel is located in #donationcoder on the efnet network.

2) dunno :D

3) If you open a thread on the top right of first post are a series of options (they also show bottom of page)

Screenshot - 2013-06-27 , 16_09_34.png

[I see allen got there first...]
Tom

DM_Deleter

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2013, 01:42 PM »
Thanks, allen and  tomos for the info.  As a retired teacher, the $100,000,000 mark is just a bit away from my pension.  However $40 dollars US ($ 41.92 CAD) isn't too far out of line.  I'll look the site over and will make a donation then.  I looked at the donation page and I really don't understand how you could ever think of giving the donation back - "to promptly refund your entire site donation, and absorb the payment fees, no questions asked".  That boggles the mind - my mind at least. 
Next question is "the payment fee".  What do you mean by that?  Do we also pay for services or programs?  Not that that would be out of line but that part was confusing.  Hell, the whole idea of money back is a little out there!.
Okay, I tried out the chat. 
Anyway things look great so far.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2013, 02:06 PM »
Next question is "the payment fee" What do you mean by that?.

That's the fee that gets charged to Donation Coder to process somebody's donation payment. Card processing companies and PayPal don't work for free. The fee gets deducted from the donation as a service change, and Donation Coder gets the balance.

:)

NetStrider

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2015, 12:00 PM »
DC:  I am a novice to this site.   I would like to make a donation to obtain the free lifetime access
but would also like receipt that I can use for the IRS next April.   Is that automatic or
do I have to request it.  Like your concept. 
Many thanks,
George, Retired in Escondido, CA  USA