topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 10:46 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Any idea why capturing triggers a bluetooth notification with "YourPhone"  (Read 2876 times)

absoblogginlutely

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Absoblogginlutely!
    • Donate to Member
I have the microsoft app YourPhone installed on my machine and everytime I do a grab selection with ScreenShotCaptor (4.36.1) v, I get a popup "Add a device, Tap to setup your S9" and my phone beeps to confirm the bluetooth connection.Screenshot - 20200629-100649.pngAny idea why capturing triggers a bluetooth notification with "YourPhone"
It's very bizarre behaviour. I'm assuming it's because I've just pasted something into the clipboard which could then be used to send to my phone, but it doesn't happen if I just copy some text from Word (as an example)

Any ideas why this would happen?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
How strange.

First things to check would be:
1. Does it happen if you disable the auto copy to clipboard feature of SC.
2. Does it happen regardless of whether you use keyboard hotkey or menu to trigger a capture.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It could be because yourphone is paired with your phone for notifications (or is trying to).  I know that when I get notifications on my phone, it goes to my screen.  And MS is getting aggressive over setting that up when you install the new update.

absoblogginlutely

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Absoblogginlutely!
    • Donate to Member
Ran some tests - This behaviour happens whether I copy the bitmap image to the clipboard or not.
However it does not happen if I use the menu to capture the screenshot but only when my hotkey of Ctrl-Shift 2 or the default shift-printscreen to capture a specific region triggers the notification.
The shortcuts for printscreen for current monitor,  ctrl-prtscreen for everything, Alt-printscreen for window do not trigger it the notification popup.

Notifications on my phone already show up on the computer but for whatever reason this selected region (which i use ALL the time) triggers this notification.

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
what are the shortcuts used in the 'yourphone' app?  sounds like there's a clash to me...

absoblogginlutely

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Absoblogginlutely!
    • Donate to Member
I just tried reproducing this on my personal laptop and I don't get the same issue - so unfortunately it has something to do with my work laptop. As far as I can tell there are no shortcuts for the Your Phone app.
It's very strange.
I'll update this thread when I track down what it is.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
You could just change the hotkey used by screenshot captor into something other than PrtScr.