topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 12:49 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Pandemic Quarantine DonationCoder Zoom Meet and Greet May 2nd  (Read 17480 times)

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Pandemic Quarantine DonationCoder Zoom Meet and Greet May 2nd
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2020, 03:10 AM »
how do i open 2 zoom sessions on one pc? (company pc, zoom is permant open)
I don't think you can open more than 1 zoom session at a time..
Agreed, technically (close to) impossible. How would the software multiplex the videostream between 2 (or more) sessions?
And how would the other party/session know you're talking to them, or to the other session?
It's difficult enough to have multiple conversions at the same time with people in the same room, let alone on the other side of a digital connection...

MS Teams lets you switch to another call, but it then puts your first call on hold, just like in a phonecall, and you can resume later, after ending/pausing the second call.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2020, 08:22 AM »
how do i open 2 zoom sessions on one pc? (company pc, zoom is permant open)
I don't think you can open more than 1 zoom session at a time..
Agreed, technically (close to) impossible. How would the software multiplex the videostream between 2 (or more) sessions?
And how would the other party/session know you're talking to them, or to the other session?
It's difficult enough to have multiple conversions at the same time with people in the same room, let alone on the other side of a digital connection...

MS Teams lets you switch to another call, but it then puts your first call on hold, just like in a phonecall, and you can resume later, after ending/pausing the second call.

Actually, I've had teams, skype, and zoom up at the same time.  The trick is I'm not on-camera for the other two.  I usually mute the audio for the one(s) that I'm not in.  It's not possible to have more than one outgoing video, sure.  But incoming is fine.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2020, 09:00 AM »
Actually, I've had teams, skype, and zoom up at the same time. ...
Yup, here too, (well, not Zoom, but Teams, Skype and Skype for Business). I'm not that busy that I need to be in multiple calls often ;D

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2020, 03:45 PM »
So I guess my point is that it's possible- it will just have to be enabled.  And video will not be enabled in both as far as your video cam, I think.

There is an option called "Join different meetings simultaneously on desktop" which is disabled by default. The feature to join multiple meetings simultaneously from the Zoom desktop client allows users to participate in or monitor multiple meetings at the same time. This is ideal for support staff who may need to monitor multiple meetings at the same time.

Once the setting is enabled, you can join multiple meetings by clicking on the join URL or navigating to https://zoom.us/join and entering the meeting ID. The Join button in the Zoom client will only work for the first meeting that you join.

https://support.zoom...taneously-on-Desktop

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2020, 06:16 PM »
I now own a webcam so I don't need to connect to Zoom on the PC AND my phone!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2020, 09:20 PM »
Excellent.

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2020, 01:16 AM »
So I guess my point is that it's possible- it will just have to be enabled.  And video will not be enabled in both as far as your video cam, I think.

There is an option called "Join different meetings simultaneously on desktop" which is disabled by default. The feature to join multiple meetings simultaneously from the Zoom desktop client allows users to participate in or monitor multiple meetings at the same time. This is ideal for support staff who may need to monitor multiple meetings at the same time.

Once the setting is enabled, you can join multiple meetings by clicking on the join URL or navigating to https://zoom.us/join and entering the meeting ID. The Join button in the Zoom client will only work for the first meeting that you join.

https://support.zoom...taneously-on-Desktop

That's what i was endless searching for... fun fact: german version has not such settings :-/

But many thanks mate!

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2020, 04:56 AM »
 :-* ;D

This is a universal forum !!!!!