topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:31 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Wrigley Making Caffeinated Gum - New Alert Energy Caffeine Gum  (Read 10809 times)

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How many people here need this kind of thing?

Clipboard01.jpgWrigley Making Caffeinated Gum - New Alert Energy Caffeine Gum

Wrigley Making Caffeinated Gum - New Alert Energy Caffeine Gum

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Wrigley Making Caffeinated Gum - New Alert Energy Caffeine Gum
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 04:29 PM »
Half a glass of OJ with two tablespoons of nutritional yeast mixed in would give you a bigger boost, last longer, and be considerably safer. Probably taste better too.

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 12:08 AM »
Oh dear, diet Ritalin in gum form  :o

Seriously, I was a gotta-have-at-least-one-cup-a-day coffee drinker, and never had sleep problems, etc. until the day I ran out of coffee and money on the same day.  I got a headache that would kill a horse (good thing I'm not a horse, *ba-dum-pish*), and began weaning myself off caffeine that day.  I still enjoy a good 'cuppa joe' made with the best decaf I can afford, but even the best methods for removing caffeine unfortunately remove some flavor as well.  
Waiting for the day Coffea Charrierianaw becomes widely available...

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 01:51 AM »
Some chips to go with that gum?

http://www.nrgsnax.com/
NRGsnax.jpg

Or how about some sunflower seeds?

http://www.sumseeds.com/
sumseeds.jpg

:nono2:

from http://www.strangenewproducts.com

Fred Nerd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 08:03 AM »
Where can I buy it? I want some, could keep a packet so it's available when I need it.
I live on coffee and energy drinks. Yes, it's expensive, but it get's things done, and I get paid more if I get more done. Also I don't have to waste daylight when driving long distances.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 08:17 AM »
Please! I want more GMOs and untested chemicals in my diet! Woohoo! Go mad scientists! :D
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 09:49 AM »
I'm going for a coffee :P
Tom

f0dder

• Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 10:05 AM »
Hm, I think ThinkGeek used to sell caffeinated water - brew your coffee with that.

Caffeine pills used to be over-the-counter in Denmark. As usual, some stupid brats managed to mess that up :)
- carpe noctem

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 08:18 PM »
Half a glass of OJ with two tablespoons of nutritional yeast mixed in would give you a bigger boost, last longer, and be considerably safer. Probably taste better too.

Only problem with that is diabetics have to stay away from OJ.

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 08:22 PM »
Oh dear, diet Ritalin in gum form  :o

Seriously, I was a gotta-have-at-least-one-cup-a-day coffee drinker, and never had sleep problems, etc. until the day I ran out of coffee and money on the same day.  I got a headache that would kill a horse (good thing I'm not a horse, *ba-dum-pish*), and began weaning myself off caffeine that day.  I still enjoy a good 'cuppa joe' made with the best decaf I can afford, but even the best methods for removing caffeine unfortunately remove some flavor as well.  
Waiting for the day Coffea Charrierianaw becomes widely available...

Geeze, I can't function if I don't have 3 cups in the morning, 3 cups at noon and 6 cups after supper.  These are actual 1 cup servings I'm talking about here, not mugs.  lol  My after supper coffee is fresh ground Mocha Java that I grind myself right before making a pot.  Mmmmmm Mmmmm.  I'm sucking on a cup right now!!!

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 08:25 PM »
Hm, I think ThinkGeek used to sell caffeinated water - brew your coffee with that.

Caffeine pills used to be over-the-counter in Denmark. As usual, some stupid brats managed to mess that up :)

That's pretty damned silly.  But I'm surprised that they still sell them here in the U.S....

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 08:36 PM »
Geeze, I can't function if I don't have 3 cups in the morning, 3 cups at noon and 6 cups after supper.

I used to work night shift, so coffee was mandatory, and lots of it. lotsocoffee.gif
The company saved quite a bit of money once they started buying crappy coffee so I started making it at home and bringing a thermos.
... and chocolate covered coffee beans for an extra eye-ball-numbing kick.

My after supper coffee is fresh ground Mocha Java that I grind myself right before making a pot.  Mmmmmm Mmmmm.  I'm sucking on a cup right now!!!

That does sound good! I grind my own as well, Kona if I can find it in decaf, made in a Moka potw for maximum flavor without the hassle of an espresso machine (though I have and use one of those too).
Cheers! d_coffee.gif

Fred Nerd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 12:39 AM »

The chocolate covered beans are nice but have too much chocolate. Just chew on straight coffee beans. Leaves your teeth with bits stuck in them.  :down:

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 02:45 AM »
I usually only need this8)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 09:58 AM »
Good source of info for all you caffeine fiends: look no further than here. The Energyfiend website has full specs and risk levels of 548 different caffeinated beverages and drink additives.

---------------

FWIW, when I feel the rare need for a "chemical assist," this is my drug of choice:

mt.jpg

40mg per 8 oz. vs the 100-110mg a cup of freshly brewed coffee averages. If you haven't become too desensitized to the effects of caffeine due to excess consumption, you'll find this mild beverage provides plenty of 'lift.' And if you are desensitized, bite the bullet and put yourself through a self-detoxing regimen first, then give Morning Thunder a try. Works the charm once you do. And you'll probably live longer because of it.
 8)

Note: Just for the record, I'm a totally unrepentant coffee lover. And I do try to drink decaf even if it does IMO taste inferior to "regular bean" no matter what they try to tell you.(Blindfold tests have confirmed regular coffee drinkers can taste the difference - and overwhelmingly prefer the unprocessed grind.) However, when push come to shove, high-test is just fine by me. "Any port in a storm" as the saying goes.

Or as TooMuchCoffeeMan so aptly puts it:

tmcm.JPGWrigley Making Caffeinated Gum - New Alert Energy Caffeine Gum

8)

« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:27 AM by 40hz »

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 10:04 AM »

Only problem with that is diabetics have to stay away from OJ.

True.

But they should probably be avoiding caffeine and oddball 'natural energy' additives anyway. ;)

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 07:36 PM »
  Haven't you heard the latest about coffee?  Now they're saying (They being Medical Experts) that coffee drinkers are healthier and tend to live longer, especially the wimmin' folk.  Read that in the local paper a couple of months ago.  lol

But that may change again like everything else.  I remember when the medical experts said that over-cooked (crispy) bacon was a carcinogen.  And alcohol was bad for you, but now they're saying that one or two ounces a day is good for you, especially wine.  Years ago, eggs were bad for you, too much cholesterol.  Now they've changed the feed for the chickens and eggs aren't bad for you anymore.  The list goes on and on.  Gosh, I remember when I was a kid, the tv ads said that 4 out of 5 doctors recommended Pall-Mall cigarettes.  Well, you know where that's at now......  hehehe

Joe Hone

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2013, 01:16 AM »
The list goes on and on.  Gosh, I remember when I was a kid, the tv ads said that 4 out of 5 doctors recommended Pall-Mall cigarettes.  Well, you know where that's at now......  hehehe

Crazier still, I know someone who is participating in a study of the cognitive benefits (preventing dementia/alzheimers) of nicotine. She has been told in the course of the study that when separated from tobacco smoke as the delivery system, nicotine is just mildly addictive and has no known carcinogenic or arterosclerosis propensities. I bet we won't see this broadcast to the masses - even if true.

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2013, 07:17 PM »
Crazier still, I know someone who is participating in a study of the cognitive benefits (preventing dementia/alzheimers) of nicotine. She has been told in the course of the study that when separated from tobacco smoke as the delivery system, nicotine is just mildly addictive and has no known carcinogenic or arterosclerosis propensities. I bet we won't see this broadcast to the masses - even if true.

I don't know about "mildly addictive".  I dip, and let me tell you, if I go too long without a dip, I start Jonesing real bad.  But I do enjoy dipping and have no plans to give it up.  I gave up smoking back in 95, and I don't drink enough to be considered a drinker, so I need some kind of vice in this world.   :P

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 09:11 PM »
  I don't know about "mildly addictive".  I dip, and let me tell you, if I go too long without a dip, I start Jonesing real bad.  But I do enjoy dipping and have no plans to give it up.  I gave up smoking back in 95, and I don't drink enough to be considered a drinker, so I need some kind of vice in this world.   :P

How about pr0n?

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 06:52 PM »

How about pr0n? 

Not for me.  I don't like prOn, it's kind of perverted to watch other people doing the deed.  But to each their own I suppose....   :P