ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Wrigley Making Caffeinated Gum - New Alert Energy Caffeine Gum

<< < (4/5) > >>

40hz:
Half a glass of OJ with two tablespoons of nutritional yeast mixed in would give you a bigger boost, last longer, and be considerably safer. Probably taste better too.
-40hz (March 18, 2013, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Only problem with that is diabetics have to stay away from OJ.
-Tinman57 (March 21, 2013, 08:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

True.

But they should probably be avoiding caffeine and oddball 'natural energy' additives anyway. ;)

Tinman57:
  Haven't you heard the latest about coffee?  Now they're saying (They being Medical Experts) that coffee drinkers are healthier and tend to live longer, especially the wimmin' folk.  Read that in the local paper a couple of months ago.  lol

But that may change again like everything else.  I remember when the medical experts said that over-cooked (crispy) bacon was a carcinogen.  And alcohol was bad for you, but now they're saying that one or two ounces a day is good for you, especially wine.  Years ago, eggs were bad for you, too much cholesterol.  Now they've changed the feed for the chickens and eggs aren't bad for you anymore.  The list goes on and on.  Gosh, I remember when I was a kid, the tv ads said that 4 out of 5 doctors recommended Pall-Mall cigarettes.  Well, you know where that's at now......  hehehe

Joe Hone:
The list goes on and on.  Gosh, I remember when I was a kid, the tv ads said that 4 out of 5 doctors recommended Pall-Mall cigarettes.  Well, you know where that's at now......  hehehe
-Tinman57 (March 22, 2013, 07:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Crazier still, I know someone who is participating in a study of the cognitive benefits (preventing dementia/alzheimers) of nicotine. She has been told in the course of the study that when separated from tobacco smoke as the delivery system, nicotine is just mildly addictive and has no known carcinogenic or arterosclerosis propensities. I bet we won't see this broadcast to the masses - even if true.

Tinman57:
Crazier still, I know someone who is participating in a study of the cognitive benefits (preventing dementia/alzheimers) of nicotine. She has been told in the course of the study that when separated from tobacco smoke as the delivery system, nicotine is just mildly addictive and has no known carcinogenic or arterosclerosis propensities. I bet we won't see this broadcast to the masses - even if true. -Joe Hone (March 23, 2013, 01:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know about "mildly addictive".  I dip, and let me tell you, if I go too long without a dip, I start Jonesing real bad.  But I do enjoy dipping and have no plans to give it up.  I gave up smoking back in 95, and I don't drink enough to be considered a drinker, so I need some kind of vice in this world.   :P

Arizona Hot:
  I don't know about "mildly addictive".  I dip, and let me tell you, if I go too long without a dip, I start Jonesing real bad.  But I do enjoy dipping and have no plans to give it up.  I gave up smoking back in 95, and I don't drink enough to be considered a drinker, so I need some kind of vice in this world.   :P
-Tinman57 (March 23, 2013, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

How about pr0n?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version