topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Mixtape Maker: Updates and Latest Beta Versions Here  (Read 134071 times)

parpfish

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Mixtape Maker: Updates and Latest Beta Versions Here
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2008, 07:21 PM »
re: window size:  i just checked my copy and it seems to retain the window size i last have it set to.  i will say that there is a minimum window size set statically to 800 x 600 (for folks who still use this antiquated display size) so you can't make it any smaller than that.  i'm not exactly sure if this is what you're experiencing.  but if you enlarge, stretch, or whatever beyond its minimum size, it should (and does with my copy) retain that window size and position to be restored upon next run.  i suppose i could get rid of the 'minimum size' to allow the form to be shrunk down (if so desired); is this what you're asking for?

I've worked out what it is:

As you may be able to see from the screenshot, I have a double-width Taskbar (see the chunk of blue below the Start button). Thus RMTM was indeed remembering that its last position was Maximised (res. = 1024 x 768). However it was also (and still is) making an assumption that my Taskbar is single-width. Thus as you can see in the screenshot - the bottom of RMTM is hidden behing the Taskbar and there is headroom at the top -- you can see the other application (foobar) is at the very top of the screen. This is why I couldn't move the window around - as the program believes it is maximised (and in a sense it truly is) it just doesn't look like it; and thus the program is not truly returning to its previous position on last exit. (The Screenshot was taken having closed a Maximised RMTM and then re-opened it --- I should have made that clear).

I hope that explains the problem. Only awkward folk like me (who have double-width taskbars) will experience this problem. Give it a go if you're happy to mess around with your desktop, icons, quicklaunch stuff and you use Win XP.

Hope this clarifies the window position problem -- let me know if I''m still not being clear.

As regards the other stuff.
Cool on both counts (M3U drag and drop, and ID3 v2)

All the best

P.

seedling

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2008, 01:27 PM »
ok, i get what you're saying. i'm gonna have to monkey around with that to see if i can come up with a decent fix (or workaround) for that problem.

parpfish

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2008, 09:58 PM »
hi seedling

minor bug to report:

in the latest version the "Redundancy Check" filters the "Must Have List":

eg. Redundancy = 1

2 Rolling Stones in the Must Have List

Output = 1 Rolling Stones song.

I'm assuming "Must Have" has to trump all other filters, since it's MUST Have.

All the best

(ps. enjoying the new version v. much!)

P.

seedling

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2008, 03:38 PM »
it has always filtered out the must-have; the thought being, that no matter what you have chosen, if you only wnat 3 songs of x, then that's all you're going to get, period.

it's easy enough to add an option for this.

parpfish

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Oh, didn't realise -- probably hadn't had redundancy so low before to notice.

Would be a nice option in my opinion.

P.

seedling

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2008, 09:12 PM »
ok option added in redundancy tab.

check it out:

http://seedling.dcmembers.com/rmtm.html

parpfish

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2008, 09:41 PM »
Very nice !  :D

& very fast.

P.

parpfish

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2008, 08:44 AM »
re: window size:  i just checked my copy and it seems to retain the window size i last have it set to.  i will say that there is a minimum window size set statically to 800 x 600 (for folks who still use this antiquated display size) so you can't make it any smaller than that.  i'm not exactly sure if this is what you're experiencing.  but if you enlarge, stretch, or whatever beyond its minimum size, it should (and does with my copy) retain that window size and position to be restored upon next run.  i suppose i could get rid of the 'minimum size' to allow the form to be shrunk down (if so desired); is this what you're asking for?

I've worked out what it is:

As you may be able to see from the screenshot, I have a double-width Taskbar (see the chunk of blue below the Start button). Thus RMTM was indeed remembering that its last position was Maximised (res. = 1024 x 768). However it was also (and still is) making an assumption that my Taskbar is single-width. Thus as you can see in the screenshot - the bottom of RMTM is hidden behing the Taskbar and there is headroom at the top -- you can see the other application (foobar) is at the very top of the screen. This is why I couldn't move the window around - as the program believes it is maximised (and in a sense it truly is) it just doesn't look like it; and thus the program is not truly returning to its previous position on last exit. (The Screenshot was taken having closed a Maximised RMTM and then re-opened it --- I should have made that clear).

I hope that explains the problem. Only awkward folk like me (who have double-width taskbars) will experience this problem. Give it a go if you're happy to mess around with your desktop, icons, quicklaunch stuff and you use Win XP.

@ seedling -- Did you fix the window maximise with double width taskbar problem above when you did the new redundancy option? Because that problem has gone away. It now opens maximised and takes into account double width taskbar  :)

P.

seedling

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2008, 09:36 PM »
this problem actually surfaces in even a single-width bar. i fixed it via a workaround really, but it seems to work nonetheless. :)

Rocketboy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2008, 08:11 AM »
I swear I did a new topic, but it's not there.  So I apologize Seedling if I'm mucking up this thread.  I keep getting a "199x is not a valid integer".  This can happen when adding, or removing tracks.  It's not always the same MP3 file that is listed in the statusbar that causes the error.  Help!

seedling

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2008, 07:59 AM »
I swear I did a new topic, but it's not there.  So I apologize Seedling if I'm mucking up this thread.  I keep getting a "199x is not a valid integer".  This can happen when adding, or removing tracks.  It's not always the same MP3 file that is listed in the statusbar that causes the error.  Help!

not sure what's going on with any board issues, but i did have a couple questions for you re: your troubles:

1) which version of the program are you using
2) what type of media files is it having trouble with (i.e. mp3, wma, etc.)
3) (if known) what type of tagging system are these files tagged with? (ID3v1, ID3v2.x, ApeTags...)

Rocketboy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2008, 06:27 AM »

not sure what's going on with any board issues, but i did have a couple questions for you re: your troubles:

1) which version of the program are you using
2) what type of media files is it having trouble with (i.e. mp3, wma, etc.)
3) (if known) what type of tagging system are these files tagged with? (ID3v1, ID3v2.x, ApeTags...)

I'm running 1.9.39.100.  I have a few wav's, but afaik, they should be almost all MP3's.  Also, i do believe that they are all tagged with ID3vX tags.   

Rocketboy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2008, 06:20 PM »
I found it.  Somehow someone shoe-horned a 199x in a year field.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2009, 07:28 PM »
Nice writeup on FreewareGenius today:
Screenshot - 3_12_2009 , 7_26_17 PM_thumb.png

http://www.freewareg...ul-playlist-creator/

404notfound

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2009, 09:13 PM »
Having a problem with one of the options. The option "Limit total file size to .." doesn't seem to do anything. I check the box and for any size I enter, I get a result of my entire search result.

Other than this, just what I've been looking for.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2009, 09:36 AM »
Something I saw that's pretty appropriate to go along with this app:

Mixtape Memory Stick

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2010, 03:53 AM »

Virgus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2013, 12:48 AM »
Hello everybody,
first thanks for this great tool, it helps a lot!

I hope this is the right thread where to post this improvement request of this wonderful tool.

You might have had the chance of having a playlist you like and need to re-create it
from a music archive source different from that you currently use (eg a friend's playlist,
or an old one while your archive has been update or you have low quality files in a folder and you want to search the same tracks
from your high quality archive).

With huge archives as mine it is very time consuming rebuilding large playlists by hand.

What I'm doing is getting the songs titles into keywords and having Mixtape maker find the tracks,
but I've seen that despite the space character is included in the search ( I can do a search "Last night, Beat it, etc")
the LF/CR is not excluded from the search thus a search like this won't work:
Last night,
Beat it,
etc

EDIT: even the spaced titles in sequence separated with commas won't work. Just tried with a 50 titles playlist  :(

It would be really great to exclude LF/CR so that song titles as keywords could be easily added/removed from keyword search
or eventually have an option to use it instead of commas (I have several tracks titles with commas inside).

Eventually an option to drag and drop an existant playlist or folder to parse for song titles and input them as keywords would be a +.
What do you think about the idea?

Have a nice day,
Virgus
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 01:45 AM by Virgus »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2013, 02:31 AM »
Welcome to the site Virgus!

It's been so long since Mixtape Maker was updated, i'm not sure if the author still even has the source code but i'll try to contact him.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2013, 02:41 AM »
While you're at it, I'd really like the option when making multiple playlists, (to burn on to CD/DVD/etc), to not include previously included songs  :)

Currently, if I create five 700MB playlists for a CD set, some CDs will include songs already on other CDs.

Virgus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2013, 03:46 AM »
Thank you Mouser!
I just spent almost an hour re-creating my old playlist  :-[

I do these kind of things very rarely as they're such a waste of time...
If the author is available to update the code or to share the sources it would be really great!

I keep my fingers crossed...  :)

Have a nice day!