topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:31 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: NANY 2013: Coders have until jan 1,2013 (forum time aka CST) to post releases  (Read 7555 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Fellow coders, you have until the clock turns to january 1st, 2013 according to forum time (central standard time), to post a publicly accessible version of your NANY apps.

You are free to release updates after that, but you should have a publicly useable stable version of your software up by then.

Good luck in your final hours!

worstje

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • The Gent with the White Hat
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I totally didn't make it. Starting ~30 hours before the deadline really is a little bit too late. :P The stuff I have right now is more of a Proof of Concept than a proper NANY submission, so I'm afraid it'll stay hidden. I'm sorry to have gotten your hopes up a little bit back in IRC, mouser. :D

I might do a late normal release later this year. Or in one month from now. Whenever it's ready. NAMY. (New Apps for the Mid Year); I'm totally starting a new cooler party. :Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
That's ok.
ps. people probably have another 12-24 hours or so before the NANY write up if they want to tweak their entries.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
This is kind of one of the reasons that I tend to just "Submit" an application rather than try to promise one... I'm always scared that something will suck up my time and stop me from releasing, and I'll end up with vapourware, and very embarassed.

If I were to come up with a moniker for my releases this year, I'd say "1 brain cell required - not 2"! ;D
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Yeah... I got the one done... but the other I still have a bit to finish :)  Holidays call for procrastination!

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This is kind of one of the reasons that I tend to just "Submit" an application rather than try to promise one... I'm always scared that something will suck up my time and stop me from releasing, and I'll end up with vapourware, and very embarassed.

I feel obligated to +1 this as that is precisely what I did ths trip.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

I feel obligated to +1 this as that is precisely what I did ths trip.

This is pretty much the reason I have a release- the thing that I didn't intend was nearly done when I pledged, so its done.  The thing that I pledged is nearly done now, so it won't be. :(