topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 9:40 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Poll

Is donationcoder an iOS unfriendly environment?

Yes
3 (21.4%)
No
8 (57.1%)
What's iOS?
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Last post Author Topic: Poll: Is donationcoder an iOS unfriendly environment?  (Read 12757 times)

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Poll: Is donationcoder an iOS unfriendly environment?
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 08:13 AM »
Oh, yes. We are really evil.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 09:53 AM »
iOS is an unfriendly environment.

+1 again.

I gave a concrete example above.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 12:18 PM »
However, recently I've been thinking a lot about DC needing to be reinvigorated and revitalized, and I've been considering all sorts of possibilities, including having areas focused on Linux, Mobile, Web (Android, iOs), Mac, etc.  That's surely for another discussion thread and not this one, but thought it was worth a mention.

Breaking things out by major OS (Windows/OSX and iOS/*NIX) plus a catchall for 'other mobile' (Andriod/WebOS/etc) would make good sense.

I quite like and dislike this idea all at the same time. I like the way everything is split at the moment, and would look at less if it were all tucked away in separate discussion. What I'd really like to see would be tags :D  or filters. So we could look at topics by OS if we wanted and it would just show the relevant topics within the forum we are currently browsing.

barney

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2012, 02:22 PM »
I quite like and dislike this idea all at the same time. I like the way everything is split at the moment, and would look at less if it were all tucked away in separate discussion. What I'd really like to see would be tags :D  or filters. So we could look at topics by OS if we wanted and it would just show the relevant topics within the forum we are currently browsing.

I'm with Dormouse on this.  If you provide an area for iOS/OSX, for instance, the Mac folk (both of 'em  ;D) will tend to congregate there.  Ditto for Linux, Mobile, whatever.  Methinks ye'd loose the cross-fertilization that occurs so often now.  Since I use tags a lot on a daily basis, I'm naturally in favor of the tag concept  ;).  Admittedly, tags would likely be a lot more difficult to implement.  But I really believe you'd start to see clique-ish behaviours (much like the way all the varied Linux distros have fragmented the Linux community) if you separate the software and living room discussions by OS groupings.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2012, 08:43 PM »
^Agree. Tags actually would be preferable to hard categories for reasons mentioned above. Much more in keeping with the non-denominational vibe around here.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2012, 12:10 AM »
^Agree. Tags actually would be preferable to hard categories for reasons mentioned above. Much more in keeping with the non-denominational vibe around here.

+1