topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:20 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: It's Official: Many DC'ers Are Psychopaths~! :P  (Read 22037 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
It's Official: Many DC'ers Are Psychopaths~! :P
« on: August 07, 2012, 11:52 PM »
Well, seems like the jury is in. And I'm sorry to inform you that many of our fellow DC'ers are indeed psychopaths~!

It came as a shock to me too. Who would have thought?

http://www.huffingto..._hp_ref=social-media

If you're not on Facebook yet, or if you're considering ditching your profile, you've got a new pressure to consider: You might be labeled a psycho.

In a Tuesday article, the Daily Mail asked the question "Is not joining Facebook a sign you're a psychopath?" The Mail points to an observation made by German-language Der Tagesspiegel, that mass murderers Anders Breivik in Norway and James Holmes in Aurora, Colo. both didn't have Facebook profiles.

http://www.dailymail...-say-suspicious.html

The German magazine Der Taggspiegel went so far as to point out that accused theater shooter James Holmes and Norwegian mass murder Anders Behring Breivik have common ground in their lack of Facebook profiles.

On a more tangible level, Forbes.com reports that human resources departments across the country are becoming more wary of young job candidates who don't use the site.

Just when you think you kind of know some people. Sheesh! :P

Raise your hand if you are a closet mass-murderer! :P
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: It's Official: Many DC'ers Are Psychopaths~! :P
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 12:22 AM »
I have facebook, hopefully I am safe  ;D

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 12:42 AM »
I bet they also both didn't have ebola. Does that mean that everyone who doesn't have ebola is a psychopath? :tellme:

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 12:58 AM »
I bet they also both didn't have ebola. Does that mean that everyone who doesn't have ebola is a psychopath? :tellme:

Oh God! I'd better make a trip to Uganda quick so that I don't end up running around in a mindless killing spree~! :P

(Yeah - This stuff is just way too funny! Complete, total, off-the-brink insanity.)

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 01:23 AM »
Oh God! I'd better make a trip to Uganda quick so that I don't end up running around in a mindless killing spree~! :P

'cos when you do it there it's not mindless?

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 02:17 AM »
What, you mean spending 20 hours a day imagining the nice pictures I can make with Cody's entrails makes me a psycho? Oh, I get it, if I sign up for Facebook, then I can worship Lord Z and then everything will be better.

nosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 02:48 AM »
Being a successful psychopath requires a certain level of cunning and self-preservation instinct. So I kind of agree...  :P

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 03:25 AM »
Well, I refute all of it. I do have a Facebook account... and I am a psychopath!

nosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 03:32 AM »
I would never have guessed... judging by that DP.  ;D  :D

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 05:15 AM »
No place for sociopaths ? That's discrimination. Cthulu have mercy. Take over this world, my lord.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 06:57 AM »
Right, let's make everybody feel guilty about not signing up to be monitored by the CIA.

The only thing this proves is that psychology is BS.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 07:28 AM »
Right, let's make everybody feel guilty about not signing up to be monitored by the CIA.

The only thing this proves is that psychology is BS.

Well, now that you bring it up...

It's not that psychology is BS; it's more that it is being abused towards a collectivist agenda. This is just a hit-piece on people that don't want to go on Facebook to make them look like anti-social deviants. I would not be surprised if some people actually sign up for Facebook because of it, thinking something like, "Oh my, I'd better do what everyone else is doing. Don't want to rock the boat..."

It's the same collectivist garbage that's being pushed in K-12 education, where you have "participation awards" and "standardized tests".

Education-system-standard-tests.jpg

If you look into it, you'll vomit. It really gets far, far worse. Test questions about committing crimes in a group, with the correct answer being to go along with the group... Yeah. Seriously.

As for the CIA...

252695_322937544457715_1999674809_n.jpgIt's Official: Many DC'ers Are Psychopaths~! :P

:D

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 10:22 AM »
human resources departments across the country are becoming more wary of young job candidates who don't use the site.

Of course they are. Now that they can't snoop on "publicly accessible" information that they are specifically forbidden (under US labor law) from asking a job applicant to provide.

Now does the refusal of the federal government to pass meaningful privacy regulations begin to make more sense?

"Badges? We don't have to show you no 'steekin' badges."

Nope. Just a FB account.

1340223305-life-in-hell-4-13-07.jpg

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 10:30 AM »
You say psychopath like it's a bad thing.....

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 11:02 AM »
You say psychopath like it's a bad thing.....

Yeah! And if they do it again...well...let them just wait and see what happens!

« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 03:36 PM by 40hz »

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 11:23 AM »
Corporations are people right?  If the people go on FB and reveal a lot of details of their lives, then should corporations use FB the same way?  i want transparency on revenue, how profits are made, daily activities of employees and CEOs, lifestyle revelations, interests, who are their real friends (Congressmen, etc., not the millions of FB users who click the "like" button, i want to know who corporations are spending weekends with, who they play golf with, who they go to lunch with, all that).

Seems like I know a whole lot about my friends around the world, but I don't know jack shit about corporations.  So who's the psycho?

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 11:27 AM »
And I'm also getting real tired of all the psychological bullying going around these days.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 12:31 PM »
Corporations are people right?  If the people go on FB and reveal a lot of details of their lives, then should corporations use FB the same way?  i want transparency on revenue, how profits are made, daily activities of employees and CEOs, lifestyle revelations, interests, who are their real friends (Congressmen, etc., not the millions of FB users who click the "like" button, i want to know who corporations are spending weekends with, who they play golf with, who they go to lunch with, all that).

This is actully 5%-10% of my little stress relief post in the Basement. Isn't it amazing that as a "person" you have to give up your first born son (that you haven't had) but the minute you become a Company nobody cares about Alexander Stradihovsky (made up name) and instead they all focus on ILikeYou.com.

So do 1-man companies have MORE rights than one man!?

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 12:48 PM »

That's an easy question to answer... and the answer is... Yes!  And the 1 man corporation pays less taxes for more benefits, and enjoys more protections.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 01:25 PM »

That's an easy question to answer... and the answer is... Yes!  And the 1 man corporation pays less taxes for more benefits, and enjoys more protections.

Ow. Go Go fake Consulting Resume!

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 03:20 PM »
And the 1 man corporation pays less taxes for more benefits, and enjoys more protections.

Been there - and the truth is: not really. Or at least not always. Depends on how you set it up - and more importantly - how you operate it. Having your own corporation can easily cost you more in the long run unless you dot every "i" and cross every "t."

Also don't know how it works elsewhere, but where I am, the courts tend to be somewhat skeptical of 1-person corporations if it seems like they were set up mainly for the purposes of limiting personal liability or dodging taxes. Attorneys have also told me it's relatively easy to "pierce the corporate veil" when it comes to a 1-person (or small and closely held) corporation.

Same goes for benefits, which I mostly see as medical coverage these days. I don't know how easy it is for other small corporations to get medical insurance, but where I am they're asking for 5 or more employees to get a group plan. Otherwise you get to buy an individual non-group policy (i.e. $$$$) just the same as if you were buying it for yourself with no corporation behind you.

And in the high-tech (or just plain tech) industries you also have to worry about being deemed a "personal holding company." That can cream you on taxes if you're not aware of what a PHC is and how easy it is to unknowingly become one. Good article on that here. Happened to an acquaintance of mine. Ouch!

Small corporations. You still need them. But they're nowhere near the panacea and fortress they used to be.

YMMV.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 03:29 PM by 40hz »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 03:59 PM »
It's been a few years since I dissolved mine- at the time I had group rates with only three members through BCBS.  The biggest disadvantage was the lack of balance in liability because of the size of the group- premiums ballooned very quickly.  But I never had a problem with taxes, especially since I found that at the time corporations were very sloppy about filing the requisite paperwork when it came to transfers between corporations.  They'll file the W2 quite quickly... but not much for paying another corporation for work.

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 06:23 PM »
What, you mean spending 20 hours a day imagining the nice pictures I can make with Cody's entrails makes me a psycho?

You do that, too!?

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 07:02 PM »
And I'm also getting real tired of all the psychological bullying going around these days.
That's pretty much where I was coming from earlier. It started out as a means to help people, but now it's mostly just weaponized nonsense. Sure there are still some of the low level touchy feely I'm ok you're ok types. But the bulk of the psychology effort seems to go into screwing the shit out of the populace by conning them into believing some mindblowingly ridiculous spin-doctored bullshit. Like we're really supposed to feel sorry for the oil (oops) "energy" companies because they're having such a tough time making ends meet while they try so gash darn hard to make the world a better place for everybody... Seriously??? [comment omitted to avoid burning a hole in the fabric of the internet]

Either that or they're trying to "fix" things that are just not repairable. Some fruitcake standing over a pile of corpses with a can of whipped cream, a sparkler, and a spoon does not need counseling.

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 07:34 PM »
Psychology signals were used as weapon in society for centuries. These days it is heavily used in corporate places and social interaction to bully people.

Some of the examples -
- You don't work 9 to 5? geez, night shift work? ewww.
- Oh you don't shake hands with people all time in our company ? you must be sociopath.
- You want raise? why are you not working on saturday and sunday?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Social examples -
- You are 30 and not yet married? OMG, your childhood must be very sad.
- You are married for 1 year and no child yet, so sorry for you guys.
- You spend time in front of PC and don't join our discussion where we ridicule our other absent friends, you're anti-social biach :D
- You don't earn much money like me? feel very sad for you.
- You got divorced ? sob sob sob.
- You don't keep in touch with me 24x7? I got new boyfrrnd, I iz your ex now. :p

You just can't avoid these milestone arranged by social structure. Large number of these milestones are part of psychological hacking and breaking them makes you either sociopath or psychopath, depending on whichever is worst for that counselor. :D