topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:34 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Just Had a Baby Girl~!  (Read 30528 times)

erikts

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Just Had a Baby Girl~!
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2012, 09:54 AM »
Congratulation to Renegade and kunkel321.  :)
I also have a daughter (19 months old).

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 10:00 AM »
Congratulations  :-*, Renegade! My "babies" are now 8 and just about 10 and I can tell you that it does not get any better than this! Having children is a huge life changer - REALLY. But it's all worth it.

Enjoy your precious child. Everyone will tell you that the time flies and they are NOT wrong. You'll wake up tomorrow with a 10 year old daughter and wonder what happened to the previous decade.

Now, where the hell are the pictures  >:( It never happened if there's no picture!

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2012, 10:11 AM »
One piece of good news is that it doesn't take all that long to figure out which end to wipe first.
-cranioscopical (June 01, 2012, 04:53 PM)
At that age it is both ends, as well as front and back.  At least it was with both of my girls...Just beware the spaghetti in about a year.  Your jokes about the spaghetti monster WILL take on new meanings.

Congratulations.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2012, 10:21 AM »
Congrats kunkel321 :)

Baby pics from both soon?  :D

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2012, 10:36 AM »
You'll wake up tomorrow with a 10 year old daughter and wonder what happened to the previous decade.

Imagine renegade talking about censorship at home after 10 years -" No TV for 2 weeks, No iTunes for 2 months" etc etc and then getting angry about Big brother censorships here in forums. Bookmark this thread.  Sweet :D

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2012, 11:06 AM »
Congrats, Ren!

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2012, 11:06 AM »
Tastes like sleep deprivation...   ;)

I didn't mean to hijack Renegade's thread, so I'll post over on the "Let's Meet" thread....

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2012, 12:48 PM »
Congratulation Renegade for the new bundle of joy.  :)

Do not be afraid by all the comments. Today's baby are more smarter than we were. Very soon she will guide you how to use the new touch walls.

My son expects a computer as obvious item at any home, and I still remember the first black and white TV, at the rich neighbor's house. 

Regards,

Anand

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2012, 12:50 PM »
Today's baby are more smarter than we were.
Maybe they even know English better.

joiwind

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • carpe momentum
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2012, 01:12 PM »
Congratulations and happiness !!!

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2012, 01:56 PM »
Today's baby are more smarter than we were.
Maybe they even know English better.

Hes from India (Border of Bangladesh) - Gonna go ahead and assume English is not his first language :)

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 01:57 PM »
Neither it is mine.  :)
Not even my second one.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2012, 02:22 PM »
Tastes like sleep deprivation...   ;)

I didn't mean to hijack Renegade's thread, so I'll post over on the "Let's Meet" thread....

I dont think Renegade will mind a (baby) party. Congrats to you too kunkel :-*
Tom

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2012, 06:34 AM »
Well, I've developed a bizarre urge to not post any pictures... Odd. I've posted lots before, but now, seems different... Anyways...

I've posted 3 pictures in my public Flickr photostream here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryansmyth/

I don't want to post them anywhere else, as I'd like to maintain control over the pictures.

She's learned how to cry, and is doing very well. Actually, surprisingly well.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2012, 09:09 AM »
Gorgeous! She's a keeper. Thank you for the pictures - I understand about the reluctance to post them; my wife and I both had a similar reaction after having our kids.

Crying sounds familiar- don't worry, though, the sleepless nights only SEEM to go on forever.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2012, 09:55 AM »
Gorgeous! She's a keeper. Thank you for the pictures - I understand about the reluctance to post them; my wife and I both had a similar reaction after having our kids.

Crying sounds familiar- don't worry, though, the sleepless nights only SEEM to go on forever.

Yeah, it's bizarre. I've sent a lot of photos to family, but, just can't post them publicly.

A friend told me that my perspective on a lot of things would change once she was born. He's right. Some perspectives are changing.

As for the crying, it only lasts a short time. I can get her to stop pretty easily. So far... Haven't done this before, so we'll see! :)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 10:03 AM »

Yeah, it's bizarre. I've sent a lot of photos to family, but, just can't post them publicly.

A friend told me that my perspective on a lot of things would change once she was born. He's right. Some perspectives are changing.

As for the crying, it only lasts a short time. I can get her to stop pretty easily. So far... Haven't done this before, so we'll see! :)

AWW She is stunning! - Its a good idea not to post publicly online, retaining full control of your children's photo's seems perfectly natural :D

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2012, 12:22 PM »
Hey....   Still cannot see pictures!
Edit:  Oh woops--just saw your flickr link.  I guess I know what you mean about not posting publicly....  I posted my daughter's full name and date of birth on my facebook wall, then felt sortof paranoid afterward...  Like somebody might steal her identity or something.   idk...

Anyway--awesome looking girl you have there!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:37 PM by kunkel321 »

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2012, 01:28 PM »

Exposure to "responsibility" in the purest and most absolute sense of the word does that to you.

Falling in love can do that too. But, once a child enters the picture, you can't honestly say your life is completely your own any more.  

Isn't it odd how paradoxically liberating that loss of personal freedom becomes?

Not a bad trade-off giving up some personal freedom in order to acquire an additional purpose in life: a family.

Family...

Almost magical isn't it?  :)

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2012, 01:49 PM »
Congratulations, Renegade and kunkel321.  Renegade, I understand your reluctance to post your very adorable daughter's photos publicly.  I confess that I didn't worry about such things when my son was born--mostly because there wasn't yet a Web.  ;D

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2012, 04:51 PM »
ahole-kitty.jpg

No seriously, good luck and congrats. (You're going to need it!) I only hoped you named her after me.

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2012, 06:39 PM »
Congratulations, Renegade and kunkel321.

Can you already change diapers blind folded?

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2012, 02:26 AM »
Can you already change diapers blind folded?

Hahahah~! No... Not yet... My guess is that the random nature of pooh makes it a bit tough. :D

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2012, 08:45 AM »

Exposure to "responsibility" in the purest and most absolute sense of the word does that to you.

Falling in love can do that too. But, once a child enters the picture, you can't honestly say your life is completely your own any more. 

Isn't it odd how paradoxically liberating that loss of personal freedom becomes?

Not a bad trade-off giving up some personal freedom in order to acquire an additional purpose in life: a family.

Family...

Almost magical isn't it?  :)

It is! My focus shifted entirely from my own future to that of my son's (now sons'). I lost all interest in my PhD and let it fade away over a protracted [cough]six years[/cough]  :-[ That probably DOESN'T sound positive or thinking about my son's future, but it was. I should never have started the thing in the first place; having a child brought that into stark focus for me. I wanted security, stability, and time with my son, not running like a rat on a wheel trying to get ahead in academia, moving every few years in search of tenure, frequent travel to conferences/fieldwork, late nights working on papers, research, and grant proposals, etc.

Enjoy this time, Renegade and kunkel321! You *almost* make me want to do it all over again!

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2012, 06:42 AM »
Well, I've developed a bizarre urge to not post any pictures... Odd. I've posted lots before, but now, seems different... Anyways...

I've posted 3 pictures in my public Flickr photostream here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryansmyth/

I don't want to post them anywhere else, as I'd like to maintain control over the pictures.

She's learned how to cry, and is doing very well. Actually, surprisingly well.

Congratulations!!!

You'll now learn a lot more about love... and sacrifice! (sounds ominous, but you'll understand soon enough!)

BTW, if you search here on DC you should find some posts I made about why I pulled most pics of my children & grandchildren from my Flickr account. Some idiot on Flickr had collections about "erotic children pics" and had linked to some of mine. Flickr's "privacy" settings aren't all that private. I keep pics that I want private on SmugMug now. More expensive but a lot tougher for people to crack.

Anyway, enjoy! Life will become very interesting now! And very joyous!

Take care,

Jim