topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:31 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Qatapult  (Read 331605 times)

pigeonlips

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Qatapult
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2012, 02:53 PM »
Do you mean the indexing of drives takes forever OR the indexing of files on drives. I have a tons of drives at work and the indexing of drives is quite fast...

I mean network shares. I have a good god dam lot of them (more than you could believe). It is supper fast at getting them all. Still a very long time for anything though. I don't notice when its done but for the first hour of use its updating at least. Its also very intrusive which is nice. it only causes a problem when i'm restarting Q regularly. If it wasn't for all the messing around with the plugins and skins i wouldn't find it a problem at all.

ecaradec

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blog & Projects
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2012, 06:04 PM »
I've added the catalog thing, it's a bit hardcoded right now, so there is no way to select which items you want in the default. WINDOW only appears if you select and right arrow the window (catalog ) thing in the default catalog. The changes also makes apparent some internal sources.

I've also fuzzify most searches including windows. I also ignore the hidden windows.

And I've disabled the reload command in this version so that the quit command is working again. Reload didn't work reliably enough to be able to use it really, so I think it's best to at least have 'quit'.
Blog & Projects : Blog | Qatapult | SwiffOut | FScript

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2012, 07:34 PM »
And I've disabled the reload command in this version so that the quit command is working again. Reload didn't work reliably enough to be able to use it really, so I think it's best to at least have 'quit'.

Hmm, I don't remember it having failed here under Windows 7 Pro 64-bit...

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2012, 08:36 PM »
BTW, any chance to have an option to have Qatapult's window display on start up of the Qatapult.exe executable?

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2012, 08:40 PM »
WINDOW only appears if you select and right arrow the window (catalog ) thing in the default catalog.

Nice...except, after I press right-arrow and subsequently select a window, pressing TAB doesn't appear to do anything -- I expected the second pane to receive focus, but it is blank.  Am I missing something?

"Indexed Files (Catalog)" worked as expected though :)

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2012, 05:28 AM »
Attached please find a tool to build the AHK plugin I'm using for Qatapult.

Usage:

1. Download file
2. Verify checksum
3. Extract zip file
4. Execute the contained Build.ahk file via AutoHotkey.exe -- when the process completes a dialog box should appear
5. Copy the resulting AHK directory to Qatapult's plugin directory

Progress during 4 can be seen via SysInternals' dbgview.exe.

MD5: 38a3147db23be742cbd8706f645fea4e

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2012, 05:32 AM »
...and attached should be the Calculate plugin that uses the AHK plugin.

MD5: 07b909de57e95e2a1e56a4427d568cba

pigeonlips

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2012, 03:19 PM »
@ecaradec

Been looking forward to this all night (saw the post yesterday).

quit - works very nice for me. Its instant now. No more messing about with the task manager.

catalogue - So i guess the whole catalogue thing makes much more sense to me now i can use it. I see the point that it nicly limits the results. Works very nice I can see why your focusing on it. Cannot wait to preform actions with it.

The window (catalog) one only ships with the send to back and for me it doesn't do anything.

I have some questions on the cats. Whats the Text one for . I was thinking snipits of text that could be stored.  That would be sweet for pasting signatures.
  • 'some text <TAB> add to text cat
  • text (catalog)  <RIGHT> Kind Regards, Ian <TAB> paste
If its not this, can we get this,  :P

Why a cat for verbs - just curious.

Also i like the web cat.  be nice to have a verb to add to the web db. ie

https://www.donation....php?topic=29595.100 <TAB> add to web catalog

also i think theres a difference between websites i'd like to open (like a book mark to this page) and a website i'd search (like google, amazon). How about a flag in website.db for 'wantsearch' or something to distinguish between what shows in the website cat and the search with verb) - again just a thought.

Hidden windows works well now too. Thanks!

My only real gripe with the cats is that i get a little lost in it now. Sometimes i forget i'm in a cat and forget to hit right to get back into the rest of the results. Happens mostly if i tab to the next pane and back, or tab to the next pane and cancel, Then bring qataplut back up.  You could show the name of the cat at the top where updating index is. Just a thought. Sure i'll get the hang of it - bet its second nature to QS users, and i guess i'm way to use to the single text mode of FARR, executor etc.

PS - most excellent update to the version.

Also some things I've noticed,

* Select a text file in explorer.exe then [Current Selected <TAB> Edit] doesn't seem to work any more. Not sure when this happened.

* sometimes i can not use the arrow down. Hitting ESC once then arrow down seems to make this work. This was happening to me before this version. Doents happen often and can not replicate the steps. Just FYI. Will post again if i find out how to do this.

@ewemoa

downloaded and ran the QatapultAHKPluginBuilder.zip. I have no idea how to use it or what its for! lol. I'll look over the ahk code to find out.

downloading the calculate now. Have really been missing this from FARR.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:50 PM by pigeonlips »

pigeonlips

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2012, 03:57 PM »
QatapultAHKPluginBuilder - i see now. Returns the results to Qatapult for the calculator!

Nice.

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2012, 05:06 PM »
QatapultAHKPluginBuilder - i see now. Returns the results to Qatapult for the calculator!

I guess that means it is working :)  I have a "Run As AHK" plugin here too, but I'm not sure how useful that is.

At the moment, I think all of the other plugins here use the built AHK plugin (including the locally modified version of winpult).

Some points:

• Dynamic code execution via AutoHotkey.dll (that's how Calculate works -- the text one types in is executed as AHK via AutoHotkey.dll)
  • A dependency has been introduced here for other AHK-using plugins

a bit of builder detail...
FWIW, the builder downloads HotkeyIt's AutoHotkey (it's basically a modified AHK_L + AutoHotkey.dll), extracts contents and puts those bits and a few others together.  So the builder provides a convenience in not having to manually assemble the AHK plugin yourself and we're not technically redistributing AHK either.

pigeonlips

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2012, 05:25 PM »
Thanks. I've just been compiling my scripts. Not sure if that's a bad thing.

Heres another one i have been using a bit. I'm a bad speller and a fan of having aspell at my fingers everywhere!

ChangeText - changetext.zip - 266.5 KB

You can modify the text (assuming is editable) and change it to
      be uppercase IE (some text = SOME TEXT)
      be lowercase IE (SOME TEXT = some text)
      be titlecase IE (some text = Some Text)
      spell check using aspell

Tried to make it nice and self contained like your plugins.

I use the spell bit so much i have a shortcut to the app called spell that passes in "spell" as an arg. This way no matter where i am i can just summon qatapult and type spell [enter] rather than ' <tab> modify text <tab> spell

I saw enzo change the case (it was built in i think) and thought it would be handy. I was the first real example i saw of launcher give the impression it was doing something than run an application.

enjoy.

pigeonlips

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2012, 05:37 PM »
also another go with a skin

another-skin-attempt.7z - 95.4 KB

this ones doesn't work so nice with the white text. Didn't notice it until it was done.

ecaradec

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blog & Projects
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2012, 05:54 PM »
I have some questions on the cats. Whats the Text one for . I was thinking snipits of text that could be stored.  That would be sweet for pasting signatures.
'some text <TAB> add to text cat
text (catalog)  <RIGHT> Kind Regards, Ian <TAB> paste
Actually a lot of catalogs only appears because they simply existed as sources, so I just exported all of them as catalogs. I'm not sure if I'm doing any good talking about catalog and sources, because they are really the same thing. I need to restrict it a little bit to hide the bad results same for the weirds results with numbers at the end.

The pasting thing is doable, it won't be available under the text catalog though because the text catalog is actually the text source. If I added things in there they would show up in every query. The the facility can be done anyway just under another name.

also i think theres a difference between websites i'd like to open (like a book mark to this page) and a website i'd search (like google, amazon). How about a flag in website.db for 'wantsearch' or something to distinguish between what shows in the website cat and the search with verb) - again just a thought.
I agree about the distinction. We need a bookmark thing.

My only real gripe with the cats is that i get a little lost in it now
I get lost too, but I haven't played a lot with them. I need to try using them with more rules.

Select a text file in explorer.exe then [Current Selected <TAB> Edit]
Ok, I'll have a look.

sometimes i can not use the arrow down. Hitting ESC once then arrow down seems to make this work
Sometimes the ui seems to loose the focus of the keyboard for me. Is that the same bug you have ?

I've fixed the reload issue, so reload is back today. It also force the window visible at the end of the refresh, as I always refresh to see something, that makes testing easier.

Basic skin support : You can now create skins and save them under the 'skins' folder with the name you like. Select your current skin in the settings.xml under general/skin. You can check your changes with 'reload'. Share your creations ;)

ecaradec

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blog & Projects
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2012, 05:55 PM »
Nice skin !

pigeonlips

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2012, 06:11 PM »
Sometimes the ui seems to loose the focus of the keyboard for me. Is that the same bug you have ?

figured out how to get this to happen.

> summon qatapult (input should be blank)
> do nothing, wait for blank drop down to appear
> begin typing (list starts to load items), item appears in pane
> try arrow down.                                                                         <--------------Heres the problem - Shouldnt work (at least not for me)
                                                                                                                       Also you can tab to the next pane and back. List should still not work
> hit esc - list goes away.
> hit down - you can now select from the list.

He who hesitates........ Hardly a showstopper - just FYI.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:18 PM by pigeonlips »

pigeonlips

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2012, 07:50 PM »
with the new version.

tested and rockin
-------------------------

> reload works sweet as a nut.
> skin support works will.

not working
------------------

> Open verb seems to be called test.

> send to back produces 'Error at line 1 - Line text: MZ(odd char) Error: This line doest not contain a recognized action
>>> thats the plugins fault though. Maybe the hwnd thats passed in has changed somehow?

> just noticed. If you paste into a pane and hit ' to add to it (or edit it in any way) the ' is added to the text. do the same with . and it works great. suspect that you just need to exclude ' aswell as . ?

> humm - only just noticed that i can not start an application with this version due to the open being gone. Opps  :D

Going back to the old version for now.

PS - please dont let all this feedback stop the regular updates! I love the updates.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:49 PM by pigeonlips »

ecaradec

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blog & Projects
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2012, 05:32 AM »
I fixed the commands on files . I dropped a line while moving things along for the reload. Thanks for the extensive testing, that really helps  :Thmbsup:

ecaradec

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blog & Projects
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2012, 06:53 AM »
By the way if you need to get an old version they are all available here : http://emmanuelcaradec.com/qatapult/bin

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2012, 04:43 PM »
Sorry, was out of town -- hope to catch up soon :)

BTW, I notice in plugin.xml there are (often?) many instances of the path to the folder that plugin.xml lives in.

Any chance we could have some kind of ability to express the path that plugin.xml lives in via a variable or something...Or perhaps the paths in plugin.xml could be relative to the folder plugin.xml lives in, so where we currently have:

Code: Text [Select]
  1. <cmd>plugins\AHK\AutoHotkey.exe</cmd>
  2. <args>plugins\changetext\changetext.ahk $2.text</args>

we might instead have:

Code: Text [Select]
  1. <cmd>..\AHK\AutoHotkey.exe</cmd>
  2. <args>changetext.ahk $2.text</args>
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 05:10 PM by ewemoa »

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2012, 04:47 PM »
I was hopping that you meant the name for the plugin.

BTW, I'm trying out the name "Window" for the plugin locally.

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2012, 04:57 PM »
I've just been compiling my scripts. Not sure if that's a bad thing.

I'm not sure there aren't some ups to not providing source, but on the side of working with source while in early stages of development or when multiple people work on something:

• It was nice that you shared the source to winpult -- made it easy to take a look at what you did and also try out some modifications.  On top of that, to test out changes, I didn't have to go through the process of compiling -- that's nice when iterating multiple times, IMHO.
  • If there had been problems, investigation might have been easier than working with a compiled version too as I've found being able to examine and modify source and test the results often helps in such situations.
  • Person A can also suggest to Person B to change a few lines to test something out -- so Person B can actually execute the changes without having to get Person A to actually provide a changed version.
  • In the case of AHK, it's nice that a compilation step is possible, but not required -- easy to get started!

Just my (current) two local currency units -- regarding at least the plugin portion of Qatapult :)

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2012, 05:21 PM »
Heres another one i have been using a bit. I'm a bad speller and a fan of having aspell at my fingers everywhere!

FWIW, the version I downloaded has the following at the end of changetext.ahk:

Code: Autohotkey [Select]
  1. ;replace the contents of the clipboard back to what it was
  2.         Clipboard := OldClip
  3. }
  5. asdasd

...so it doesn't seem to work.

ecaradec

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blog & Projects
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2012, 05:54 PM »
A few new changes :
- catalogs now have a rule that allows them to be opened with enter
- test is gone (it was in the settings.xml )
- the results pane now won't go further than the right side of Qatapult and center under each position of the cursor

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2012, 06:40 PM »
By the way if you need to get an old version they are all available here : http://emmanuelcaradec.com/qatapult/bin

Thanks a lot for this!  Appreciate it  :up:

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2012, 06:46 PM »
A few new changes :
- catalogs now have a rule that allows them to be opened with enter
- test is gone (it was in the settings.xml )
- the results pane now won't go further than the right side of Qatapult and center under each position of the cursor

Verified under Windows 7 Pro 64-bit :)