topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:13 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Anyone testing Daminion Media Manager ?  (Read 48229 times)

K.Murat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Anyone testing Daminion Media Manager ?
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2013, 07:49 AM »
Daminion 1.0 Release Candidate is available to download

What's new:
  • It’s now possible to stamp images with Geo coordinates and locate them visually on a map.
[attach=#1][/attach]

• Improved XMP metadata handling
  • Improved compatibility with Adobe Creative Suite, including Lightroom and Bridge
  • Improved support for video formats
  • Added quality EPS/AI thumbnail rendering
  • New “Compact View” mode allows displaying more thumbnails on the screen (up to 50%)
  • A lot of minor improvements
  • Fixed a number of bugs

More info here:
http://blog.daminion.net

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2013, 07:39 AM »
We decided to drop the price for Daminion, and release multiple Daminion versions:
  • Daminion Free - Free (can be imported up to 15k files per one catalog)
  • Daminion Standard - $49 (can be imported up to 50k files per one catalog)
  • Daminion Pro - $99 (without limitations for number of files per catalog)

Just to clarify, with the Free and Standard versions you can only open one catalog ?

If so, is that one in total or one at a time ?

K.Murat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2013, 05:14 AM »
Just to clarify, with the Free and Standard versions you can only open one catalog ?
If so, is that one in total or one at a time ?

You can create and open several local catalogs simultaneously with Free and Standard versions.

K.Murat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2013, 10:13 AM »
Daminion 1.0 RC2, the new version of the multi-user photo management software, is now available to download.

Major Improvements:
  • Access to your centralized image and document archive library can now be restricted by User Roles
  • The new Auto Sync-Folders feature allows you to monitor selected folders for changes and new file additions, and automatically syncs them with Daminion, without the need for user intervention.
  • Improved Color Management for RAW images. RAW images also import up to 3 times faster.
  • New Tags: Rights Usage Terms, Item ID, Import related tags, Audio Tags
  • More than 50 other improvements and bug fixes. See more at: http://blog.daminion...on-1-0-rc2-released/

alex345

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2013, 04:08 AM »
No, I never test it. I only install it to have a look, and after that uninstall it again.

K.Murat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2013, 09:27 AM »
Daminion 2.0 has been released recently:

The new features include:
  • Improved export (no longer strips metadata and a preset editor)
  • Administrator control over import settings
  • Dropbox integration
  • Export metadata to CSV
  • Improved Color Management

And more than other 70 improvements and bug-fixes

More info on our blog: http://blog.daminion.net

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2013, 10:42 AM »
Excellent :Thmbsup:.

Since we've discussed on this forum what the restrictions for the free version would end up being, it's probably worth noting that it appears that the limitation is on the number of files per database. The free version can store up to 15,000 files in each database.

Also, for anyone who has actively helped test the beta versions, you might be interested in this line:

Our active contributors are eligible to receive free Daminion Standalone licenses. Each case will be considered individually – please contact us by a method you’ve already used to communicate with us.

K.Murat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2013, 12:13 PM »
Thank you Jibz! Right now we are very interested in cooperation with contributors who can write news or reviews about new Daminion 2.0 version and publish it on blogs or popular web-sites.

K.Murat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2014, 12:47 PM »
Greetings,

I wanted to share with DC community that our company released a new Daminion 3.0 version recently.

[attach=#1][/attach]

Daminion 3.0 allows you to
• Restrict access to digital documents on Functionality and File levels,
• Import images directly from mobiles and cameras,
• Return to previous queries.

The new Daminion also has improved metadata support along with more than 50 other improvements.

More info on our blog

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2014, 01:10 PM »
The license pricing is certainly understandable and (IMO) reasonable. That alone is nice to see with this type of product. :)

K.Murat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2014, 01:13 PM »
Thank you!    :)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2014, 02:40 PM »
cool software!

K.Murat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2014, 04:58 AM »
Greetings,

A new Daminion 3.3 version with more than 50 improvements was released recently:
blog.daminion.net/news/daminion-3-3-released

K.Murat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2014, 10:54 AM »
Greetings!

A new Daminion v3.4 was released yesterday with a new cool feature. Now you can create multiple shared catalogs.

Previous versions of Daminion limited users to 1 shared catalog per installed Daminion Server. Although the Daminion Server allows you to import and manage millions of images and videos, it sometimes makes sense to split your digital asset library into several smaller parts, especially in an organization with many departments, where each one has its own particular digital archive. Or if for example you want to split your portfolio photo archive library from the family one.

There are several other nice improvements, like the debug mode for launching external applications with arguments, for example: the ExifTool.

Release notes and download links can be found here

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2014, 12:11 AM »
For anyone that is interested, there's a 15% discount on any version for the next ~6 hours ... wish I'd known that was coming up a couple of weeks ago.  :)

I'm running the Home Server version and it beats all the free ones I tried, (and that was quite a few).

K.Murat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2015, 11:56 AM »
Daminion 3.7 was released recently with a range of improvements including faster viewing of large images, easier Daminion Server administration, grouping of similar images, and additional file format support. Plus several minor bug fixes.

More info here:
http://blog.daminion.net/news/daminion-3-7/

daminion-3-7-digital-photo-management-software-s.jpg

AnnaannA

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2015, 10:03 AM »
Hi! The new Daminion 4.0 was released last week. This update has 2 major improvements:

1. Your tag structure (taxonomy) is now protected from unwanted changes during file import.

2. You can now define relationships between files ( quickly find and view all related artwork, projects, images, etc).

For more details, visit : http://blog.daminion.net/news/daminion-4-0/

woodr2011

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2015, 11:06 AM »
Hello, everyone - I have downloaded the current version of Daminion... Does the program allow for customizable/searchable columns and tags? I want to catalog all of my digital files and my physical library of books, documents, etc. in one program. I would appreciate it someone who is knowledgeable in the program could give me some feedback.

Many thanks!!

K.Murat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2016, 09:48 AM »
Hello, everyone - I have downloaded the current version of Daminion... Does the program allow for customizable/searchable columns and tags? I want to catalog all of my digital files and my physical library of books, documents, etc. in one program. I would appreciate it someone who is knowledgeable in the program could give me some feedback.

I guess my reply is bit late, but anyway: yes, you in Daminion can customize your tags and search for more than 50 standard tags plus you can create your own user-defined tags. Daminion supports at lot of media formats, including images, vector images, documents, videos, audio, CAD, etc... All file formats can be managed withing the single interface.

K.Murat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2016, 09:52 AM »
A new Daminion 4.5 version was released recently with 20+ improvements:

Major Improvements

• A new lightweight web-client allows you to access Daminion Server to search, browse, view, and download your digital assets on any device
  • A real-time File Watching Service now tracks changes in outside file systems and reflects them in Daminion as soon as they occur.
  • Usage Purpose Tracking allows you to keep tabs on when, where and by whom your assets have been used.
  • Users Roles per Catalog. Specify who can and who cannot access particular catalogs.
  • User management via web-browser. You can now create, edit and manage users via the web-client without actual accessing the server PC.
  • Improved file format support. Better support for AI/EPS, support for SVG, updating XMP of PDF, etc...

Other Improvements
  • Added support for IBM/Lotus Domino LDAP authentication
  • Number of connected users and catalog database version are now displayed in the admin panel.
  • Report after rescan. A full rescan report is now available via Catalog > Rescan Reports, or by right clicking on the rescan progress indicator.
  • Groups added into Saved Searches
  • Custom tags are included in Quick Search
  • Documents and Vector images stored on a local server-based PC can be copied to the local client-based PC
  • Scroll position in the right-hand Properties panel is now remembered when changing item selection
  • Added Fonts tag. Mapped to XMP: Fonts
  • Added an option to the tag tree context menu to display the selected tag in the second panel. Ideal when you need to reorder values within the same tag - simply drag them from one tag panel to another.
  • Offline files can now be viewed as Full Screen or Mid-Size JPEG previews
  • Daminion Clients can be logged off automatically after a specified time interval
  • You can grant a user a separate Concurrent Connection.
  • Improved import from and export to CSV
  • Added license activation for Daminion Clients

Download:
http://daminion.net/download

More info:
http://blog.daminion...t/news/daminion-4-5/

PhotoArchive

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2016, 11:01 AM »
Hi everybody,

you are welcome to upgrade to Daminion 4.6 - an update that addresses and fixes several bugs and contains a number of improvements, such as faster previewing of RAW thumbnails in the Import window.

More details and the download link can be found here: http://blog.daminion...minion-4-6-released/

2016-06-16_181101-1.jpgAnyone testing Daminion Media Manager ?