« on: April 15, 2016, 09:52 AM »
A new Daminion 4.5 version was released recently with 20+ improvements:
- A new lightweight web-client allows you to access Daminion Server to search, browse, view, and download your digital assets on any device
- A real-time File Watching Service now tracks changes in outside file systems and reflects them in Daminion as soon as they occur.
- Usage Purpose Tracking allows you to keep tabs on when, where and by whom your assets have been used.
- Users Roles per Catalog. Specify who can and who cannot access particular catalogs.
- User management via web-browser. You can now create, edit and manage users via the web-client without actual accessing the server PC.
- Improved file format support. Better support for AI/EPS, support for SVG, updating XMP of PDF, etc...
- Added support for IBM/Lotus Domino LDAP authentication
- Number of connected users and catalog database version are now displayed in the admin panel.
- Report after rescan. A full rescan report is now available via Catalog > Rescan Reports, or by right clicking on the rescan progress indicator.
- Groups added into Saved Searches
- Custom tags are included in Quick Search
- Documents and Vector images stored on a local server-based PC can be copied to the local client-based PC
- Scroll position in the right-hand Properties panel is now remembered when changing item selection
- Added Fonts tag. Mapped to XMP: Fonts
- Added an option to the tag tree context menu to display the selected tag in the second panel. Ideal when you need to reorder values within the same tag - simply drag them from one tag panel to another.
- Offline files can now be viewed as Full Screen or Mid-Size JPEG previews
- Daminion Clients can be logged off automatically after a specified time interval
- You can grant a user a separate Concurrent Connection.
- Improved import from and export to CSV
- Added license activation for Daminion Clients