topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:54 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Odd characters ...  (Read 16821 times)

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Odd characters ...
« on: May 26, 2010, 04:26 PM »
Is it possible to point TransBoomer to a Spanish dictionary?  I actually use it to communicate with Spanish-speaking parents at my school...  I use it in two ways:  First is to translate English text to Espanish, but also to (at the same time) unsure that it's going to be comprehensible...

The problem is that I get lots of junk characters like
Vinnie Vincent Invasion Baby-O Letras: <br> <br>Su un paro cardiaco de dos cañones <br>Ella-demonio, veo a través de tu vestido <br>Un zorro, juguete de amor, ella es un caramelo <br>Poco caliente Strutter, perra salvaje en celo <br>ángel Misericordia, un hijo del vudú <br>Usted dame la fiebre, me estás volviendo loco <br> <br>[Chorus] <br>Baby-O, Baby-O, I <br>Baby-O, Baby-O, I <br>Cariño, estoy ardiendo por ti <br> <br>Metálico ángel trabajando "que ejecuta la medianoche <br>Apriete el gatillo, la pistola-me látigo <br>Con pistola de su placer <br>Que te gotea la miel sobre mí <br>Con una pasión tan dispuesta, tan malvado y libre <br>Difunde tu amor y hacer mis sueños realidad <br>Al igual que el fuego salvaje, estoy ardiendo por ti

Presumably this is caused by TrannyBoomer substituting characters (??) Is this a dictionary issue?  or a font issue maybe?  Ideas?  Thanks.
PS "TrannyBoomer" was a typo but I left it because it was funny :)
-steve

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Odd characters ...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 03:12 PM »
i remember seeing odd characters at some point.. can you tell when in the process they start getting introduced?
can you give me an example of a phrase that results in them?

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 06:19 PM »
i remember seeing odd characters at some point.. can you tell when in the process they start getting introduced?
can you give me an example of a phrase that results in them?

Hi Mouser, Thanks for the reply.
They seem to happen straight away--first loop.  When viewed on my computer, the (above) sample text shows all the odd characters...  Maybe they aren't showing for other people??  I'll post an actual image:
http://imgur.com/06tMG.png
Oddly, I've found that the Fried Babbelfish app does show the expected Spanish characters...  Maybe FBF is pulling the characters from Google and TB is pulling from my computer (??)  I don't know.  Ideas?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 06:22 PM »
your image is showing the "Debug Information" tab selected -- if you switch to "Translated Text" tab is it still messed up?

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 09:28 AM »
The "Translated Text" *does* show up as expected, but it's the text en Espanol that I'm interested in...  As mentioned in OP, if I need to communicate with a person who speaks Spanish, TranslatorBoomerang does two things for me, it (1) converts my written word into Spanish, but also (2) it check the validity of the translation by converting it back to English.  I know that if the "back to English" part has a different meaning, then my translated Spanish text probably will not convey my intended message--hence I need to rephrase the original text to be converted.  I've actually used this technique of converting-back-to-English as a way of error checking my verbage for a long long time...  Your TranslatorBoomerang is the ONLY software Iv'e found that does it for me in one step!!

So again, I do want the converted-back-English part, but more importantly, I want the Espanol text for my document that I'm writing....
That's Way I have to get it from the "Debug" tab...  :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 09:30 AM »
ah well that makes some sense.. let me see what i can do.

Mattes57

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 05:03 AM »
The output window messes up characters (V 1.10.01)

Screenshot - 15.01.2015 , 11_52_52.png

Wie heißt der Bürgermeister von Wesel?
================================================
Wie heiß t B?  Bürgermeister von Wesel?