topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: CZB pack  (Read 108521 times)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: CZB pack
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2009, 11:11 AM »
Here's a list of information that may prove useful:

1) The error pops up as soon as I type 'gt'.
2) I can switch back to the FARR and type one character (a space, a letter, etc.) but then the error window will then re-take focus.
3) I can keep switching back to FARR and, one letter/space at a time, get the string typed out e.g. "gt en es".
4) Once I get past the "gt en es" portion, I can type out the "hello" part without the error, press Enter, and the plugin translates properly.
5) My install paths are:

• C:\apps\system\FindAndRunRobot
  • C:\apps\system\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins\CZB_pack
  • C:\apps\system\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins\FSubScript

6) The MD5 of the Fscript.dll in the FSubScript folder is: baeaba8abd90768db158a105271b1e5d
7) I downloaded and used the two archives linked in the first post of this thread.

Please let me know if I can offer anything else.  Thanks.   :)

czb

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • My open-source online piano game
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2009, 12:58 PM »
Ok,

one probably last question before I start searching for the bug. Does the timer plugin in the CZB pack give you the same error and do you actually see the menu offering you languages? This will help me to either search for the bug in google translate or the menu addon.

You must understand that I do not know where to start as there are many many objects which could possibly produce the error. If you were deeply interested in helping out, then there are options how to find out directly. But it involves activating debuging - registry changes and microsoft JIT debugger installation, so I do not want to bother you with all of that...
My open-source online piano game: https://github.com/musicope/game

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2009, 01:34 PM »
The Timer plugin works flawlessly.  No problems at all with that one.  As for the Google Translate issue, could this be a Jave/JRE version issue?

czb

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2009, 05:39 AM »
No, it has nothing to do with Java. Do you have Microsoft Visual Studio (2008) installed? Or do you at least have Microsoft Office 2003 installed? :)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2009, 05:42 PM »
Apologies for the delay.  I do not have VS2008 installed at all.  I do have Office 2007 installed.

czb

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2009, 12:01 PM »
That is a pity. Office 2007 unfortunately does not have MSE7 debugger (just-in-time debugger for f.e. javascript) anymore. The very last version having it was Office 03 and Frontpage 03 and of course any full Visual Studio.

Another stupid thing is that MS IE does not give a line number as a part of try catch error information. Both Firefox and Opera do.

I am afraid that without knowing an exact place of the bug, I can not do anything about it. :(

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2009, 05:45 AM »
I get the same error as skwire...

The error happens from typing the space after 'gt' and to the space after first language, i.e. 'gt en ' but after that there's no error, and GT translates as expected. This only happened recently, after I tried to translate a longer text from dutch to norwegian, by pasting directly into FARR's search field and pressing enter.

After I did that, the error occurs whenever I try to use gt.

Apart from that, I guess I don't have much useful info to provide... and no install of mentioned products  :(

Is there anything useful I can do to either find the bug or at least a workaround? GT is one of my most used FARR plugins

czb

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2009, 06:46 AM »
Well I would start by erasing everything in user variables settings. This is where google translate stores last languages. I can not image what else would cause it.

Let me know if it helps.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2009, 06:56 AM »
Well I would start by erasing everything in user variables settings.
how is that done czb?
I happen to have just installed CZB pack today (first time but I still had a lot of the earlier versions which I simply deleted first - no problems!) - you do say in the first post to delete user variables - how is that done - is it the ini file? (I didnt know how to do it & then conveniently forgot it :-[ plugins seem to be working okay though)
Tom

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2009, 07:06 AM »
thanks, czb. Removing the GT part in the user variables section AND restarting FARR did the trick. I guess I'll have to let you know if it happens again ;)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2009, 07:44 AM »
Well I would start by erasing everything in user variables settings.
how is that done czb?
I happen to have just installed CZB pack today (first time but I still had a lot of the earlier versions which I simply deleted first - no problems!) - you do say in the first post to delete user variables - how is that done - is it the ini file? (I didnt know how to do it & then conveniently forgot it :-[ plugins seem to be working okay though)

Any takers to tell me how to "Delete old user variable section of FARR" (Recommended when updating)
thanks!
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2009, 08:18 AM »
Go to this tab and delete what you want:
Screenshot - 11_27_2009 , 8_18_28 AM.png

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2009, 08:30 AM »
Go to this tab and delete what you want: (see attachment in previous post)

there's always a simple explanation - I was checking out all the ini files etc. :-[  thanks mouser :up:
Tom

koro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FsubScript memory leak? (or: I suck at Javascript)
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2009, 03:27 PM »
Okay, I never coded in Javascript, so I'm totally illiterate on that topic, but I tried to make a very simple plugin and I'm seeing something weird.

Here's my code (I basically copied it from another plugin)
It is intended to simply display my google tasks embedded in FARR when i type "todo":

Code: Javascript [Select]
  1. plugins["todo"] = {
  2.   version: "1.0",
  3.   lastChange: new Date(fso.GetFile(currentDirectory+"\\fsubscript.js").DateLastModified).toDateString(),
  4.   displayName: "TODO",
  5.   directory: currentDirectory,
  6.   aliasstr: "todo",
  7.   icon: currentDirectory+"\\favicon.ico",
  8.   description: "Google Tasks",
  10.   search: function(querykey, explicit, queryraw, querynokeyword,modifierstring,triggermethod){
  11.     if(!explicit) return;
  12.         FARR.setStrValue("launch", "htmlviewurl https://mail.google.com/tasks/ig");
  13.         FARR.setStrValue("launch", "waitforhtml");
  14.         FARR.setStrValue("launch", "setfocus mainpanel");
  15.         FARR.setStrVAlue("EmbeddedWb.ExecJavascript", "document.getElementsByTagName('iframe')[0].contentWindow.document.getElementById('1').getElementsByTagName('div')[2].focus()");
  16.   }
  17. };

Now, here's what's weird. Apparently the memory used to load the html is never released. Maybe this is normal, but I find it odd, because calling my "todo" plugin a few times makes the memory footprint of FARR become really high. In fact every call increases between 1 and 4 MB of memory used, and it seems that it is never released after that (only a tiny bit is released when i close the window). See this pic:

greenshot_2009-12-18_19-22-40.png

Each "jump" in the graph corresponds to me typing "todo", enter, and then closing FARR (to the background). See how it keeps increasing until i stop doing it (at which point it's using 68.4 MB). After a while, nothing changes:

greenshot_2009-12-18_19-26-30.png

Any idea what's going wrong (or what am I doing wrong?)

Edit: In a previous post I stated that a "google calendar" plugin was doing this, but I was confused, I corrected it now. I'd appreciate any hints.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 03:36 PM by koro »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2009, 03:47 PM »
hmm this is an interesting finding.. i suppose the first step might be for us to figure out if this happens with every fsubscript plugin, every fscript plugin, or what.. that would be our first clue about where to look.

koro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2009, 12:28 PM »
I did a little more testing. Apparently this is not a problem associated to fsubscript or anything like that.

I tried using, instead of a plugin, an alias that does exactly the same (on the keyword "todo"):
View TODO list | dolaunch htmlviewurl https://mail.google.com/tasks/ig

Now, exactly the same thing happens: every time i use that keyword it displays my google tasks, but it eats up between 1 and 4 mb of memory, which are never released.
Right now FARR is using 100MB of memory, and I'm sure if i don't restart it it will grow much bigger in a few days.

So I guess the problem is in the htmlviewurl thingie. Maybe there's some allocated memory that isn't being released?

Maybe someone could try to reproduce this.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2009, 12:36 PM »
you may have found a memory leak in the browser component - i'm going to rebuild with latest version and see if that solves it.

koro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2009, 02:13 PM »
After more testing (with the help of mouser), it seems that the problem is not in FARR but in Internet Explorer (I have version 7, but since I never use it it is probably not updated). I was able to reproduce the problem even without running FARR (that is, repeatedly opening/closing the same Google Tasks page with internet explorer). I will update to IE8 and see what happens.

rogal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • It's what you do that defines you.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2010, 02:45 PM »
Hi,

I love this plugin, but when I activate it or runs FARR, FARR gives me a blue tray tooltip with the following error message;

Error occurred while loading C:\Program Files

the plugin seems to work in spite of the error, but it makes FARR a little bit unstable, as sometimes FARR crashes when I try to do certain actions (I don't exactly remember what were those. Usual run programs works without any problems)

Thanks,
Joon

ps. When I check the troubleshooting log, I found the following:

*Loading plugin: Google_Translate\libcurl.dll
 Failed.
Joon
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 04:09 PM by rogal »

baiyq

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2010, 01:47 AM »
I like this plugin ! but I found two error when I using these plugin including CZB ( gt and bt ) . 
1. when I input gt en , then display the prompt of "plugin google_translate has failed on search: message: object havn't support this attribute or method name: TypeError".
2. when I input " bt robot" , it's display " Http/1.1 Service Unavailable " .
pls help me ! thanks a lot !

sri

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Sridhar Katakam
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2010, 02:53 AM »
Timer was working fine and now it is not.

Nothing comes up when I type "tm" followed by a space in FARR. Whenever I make any changes to the plugin's settings, get the error message as can be seen in this screenshot:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5640/timers.png
CZB pack

Any idea?

I thought it was a problem w/ beta version of FARR and since reverted to the stable version..but that didn't help.
<a href="https://sridharkatakam.com">My blog</a>

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2010, 05:22 AM »
I thought it was a problem w/ beta version of FARR and since reverted to the stable version..but that didn't help.

Did going with the stable version help with TimeZone?

sri

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Sridhar Katakam
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2010, 05:31 AM »
No Perry. Nothing happens when TimeZone Options is selected even in the stable version.

Since FARR is portable (?), does it help if I zip my FARR folder and share it w/ you for troubleshooting?
<a href="https://sridharkatakam.com">My blog</a>

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2010, 05:35 AM »
Sure, that's fine  :Thmbsup:

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2010, 04:54 PM »
Reviving this old thread : Sri, did you get it working ?

(Did you try to erase the Timer config parameters in the FindAndRunRobot.ini file to reset them ?)