topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:20 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: CZB pack  (Read 108517 times)

delwoode

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: CZB pack
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2011, 01:52 PM »
I downloaded the latest FARR from the homepage (ver. 2.98.1.0)
and the CSV package and the Fsubsript from the link in first post.
I wanted to try the CSV packege mostly for the Timer plugin but when I set my first timer. it seemed fine but when the timer tried to post a message on the screen (when the time was up)  it crashed FARR.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2011, 02:12 PM »
are you using the latest version of farr?

delwoode

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2011, 02:27 AM »
Yes mouser I downloaded the version from the homepage yesterday.  ON the CZpack thread it did say to download the latest BETA but I dont know where to go to find  the beta versions. Is the version from the homepage a beta?

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2011, 03:53 AM »
I wanted to try the CSV packege mostly for the Timer plugin but when I set my first timer. it seemed fine but when the timer tried to post a message on the screen (when the time was up)  it crashed FARR.

There's people talking on the previous page (of this thread) about the timer not working.
Tom

delwoode

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2011, 04:22 AM »
Yes I know I read em.
I tried it a few more times, changing settings so that it didnt use microsoft sam vioce. etc.
still the same result when the timer message gets shown it crashed FARR
I get the message FARR has encountered an exception(EAccessViolaton) at address 74E50B89

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2011, 06:38 AM »
Let me try this and see if i can figure out what the timer issue is.

CyberEvil

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2011, 10:10 PM »
I like this plugin ! but I found two error when I using these plugin including CZB ( gt and bt ) . 
1. when I input gt en , then display the prompt of "plugin google_translate has failed on search: message: object havn't support this attribute or method name: TypeError".
2. when I input " bt robot" , it's display " Http/1.1 Service Unavailable " .
pls help me ! thanks a lot !
Hi folks, since latest update (FARR main) I get a nice taskbar popup with this, which is not preventing Google Translate to work, but gaining focus each time I type a single letter.
Is there any known problem with the latest release?

Thanks!

CyberEvil

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2011, 09:47 AM »
Guess not?

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2011, 11:48 AM »
I've tried the Timer, Google Translate and Baamboo plugins with FARR v2.98.01. Both Timer and Google Translate work on my PC running Windows XP. Baamboo shows the error described above, but that seems to be a problem related to the Baamboo website and not the plugin itself.

CyberEvil

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2011, 11:53 PM »
Thanks phitsc; tried all possible... is the only plugin failing for me at this time :(

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2011, 04:27 AM »
Google Calculator doesn't seem to be working anymore. A fix would be much appreciated!

zircle

• Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2011, 08:43 PM »
I'm on Windows 7 64bit and when I try to load Google Translate after installing FSSC, I get a "Message: CZB is undefined name: Type Error".

zircle

• Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2011, 05:31 AM »
I find it unproductive to combine all your plugins into a package because then it becomes more difficult to support users who need help. I updated Google Translate with links in its original thread found here

IT_Fan

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2012, 04:31 PM »
Can you send me a link of home page ? Is it http://czb.dcmembers.com/index.html ?

I downloaded the latest FARR from the homepage (ver. 2.98.1.0)
and the CSV package and the Fsubsript from the link in first post.
I wanted to try the CSV packege mostly for the Timer plugin but when I set my first timer. it seemed fine but when the timer tried to post a message on the screen (when the time was up)  it crashed FARR.

Don Cody

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2012, 01:14 PM »
The Timer plugin sounds or voices do not work here. Windows 8 64x.

destiny_ruler

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2013, 08:05 PM »
I have left launchy in favor of FARR. It is a great nifty utility and is better than almost all alternatives I have used in past decade. though the FARR itself is being developed, it seems plugins are lagging behind. Many of the plugins are broken. I wanted to use the calculator but so far no luck. GCalc is broken as google has changed its output and the script doesn't parse it properly etc. I will be trying to customize farr to suit my needs but may I request people to ensure that the plugins are refreshed at least yearly and there is a better way to report what is broken and what is not. Possibly, an auto discovery of plugins in farr will be a great feature instead of manually downloading to plugins directory. I will share if I write something for farr. Once again, an excellent nifty utility and great work guys  :Thmbsup:

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2013, 02:39 AM »
Concerning

... and there is a better way to report what is broken and what is not....
-destiny_ruler (April 03, 2013, 08:05 PM)

The typical way this is currently done is by posting a bug report in the respective plugin's thread. When you say 'better', do you have something specific in mind?

destiny_ruler

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2013, 08:48 AM »
Yes. There can be a up/down vote for plugins in a dedicated plugin page. It can display if it is broken or works only with a specific version. Try to find this zipped plugin pack from search or dc/farr homepage. It is difficult. There is a place for the farr plugins but it doesn't show user input (votes for brevity) in a glance. If I know a plugin is broken, I can simply downvote it on the page. Specifics can be looked for in the thread which is linked in the plugin title.

Something on the same line but much cleaner is for notepad++  http://sourceforge.n...title=Plugin_Central

Also, a plugin manager that lists the compatible plugins/scripts which can be checked to download/install would be great. I can see that the dcscript plugin is written pretty much on the same line. I haven't explored the SDK but a quick look in the gcalc and some other scripts shows mouser has done an excellent job. I would go one step further and would say that the plugins should also be installed from the farr search box itself. how? See sublime-text package control plugin which allows to install/uninstall/discover(with small detail) plugins of choice.

I have been using keyboard based launchers for years and farr beats all of them. It has a huge potential. Lets host it on github for the world to contribute.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2013, 03:53 AM »
It's not a bad idea. Maybe the new web site, once put in place, will allow to implement something like that.

Concerning a simpler way to install FARR plugins: have a look at DcUpdater. While it does not support installation of all of the available plugins I guess most of them are there.

relipse

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • I love Jesus. Coding in PHP primarily.
    • View Profile
    • See my GitHub
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2013, 12:17 AM »
WOW, thanks for this, I just tried it out, i think the tm timer is extremly useful, i would be interested in synchronization using an online server for timers that woudl for example email yourself
what do you think?
Jim
Ex C++Builder coder, current PHP coder, and noob Qt Coder

verszipo

• Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2013, 03:52 AM »
I had some trouble with the JSCalc plugin from the pack, it triggers everytime i enter a "+" character, even if it's at the start of the command, because of this i could not use folder modifiers (for example the "+music" from the FARR demo video).

I found a solution, I modified the JSCalc's code to ignore the command if it starts with the "+" char but to accept it if it's one of the later characters.
For that, I've changed
Code: Javascript [Select]
  1. var searched = queryraw.search(regexp);
  2. if(settings.special_trigger === "1" && searched !== -1){
with
Code: Javascript [Select]
  1. var searched = queryraw.search(regexp);
  2. var filteraliases = queryraw.match(new RegExp("^[^+]"));
  3. if(settings.special_trigger === "1" && searched !== -1 && filteraliases){
in the CZBPack\JScalc\fsubscript.js file.

I thought maybe some other people might be interested in this fix.

P.S. thanx CZB for the pack, i use the scripts a lot and i learned a lot from the script's code too.

jinxx

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2014, 03:49 PM »
I just downloaded the latest version of CBZ pack and installed following the instructions,

But i keep getting this error message when typing "fssc"

Find and Run Robot - FARRSubScript Plugin
Plugin has failed on show_fssc:message 'fso' is null or not and object name: Type error

Anyone know how to fix this?

verszipo

• Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2014, 03:39 AM »
I just downloaded the latest version of CBZ pack and installed following the instructions,

Plugin has failed on show_fssc:message 'fso' is null or not and object name: Type error

I downloaded the latest version of FARR (in portable format so i don't have to install anything), downloaded the CZB pack and FARRSubScript from the first thread and it works without problems, if i type "fssc" i get the list of installed SubScripts.
I've tested on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 64bit both (those are the only ones available to me at the moment).

You could try to download the portable version of FARR and see if it works with that one.

jinxx

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2014, 06:18 AM »

I downloaded the latest version of FARR (in portable format so i don't have to install anything), downloaded the CZB pack and FARRSubScript from the first thread and it works without problems, if i type "fssc" i get the list of installed SubScripts.
I've tested on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 64bit both (those are the only ones available to me at the moment).

You could try to download the portable version of FARR and see if it works with that one.

I just installed a fresh windows 7 and copied over the portable version I was running on my old system, works just fine now.

Must have just been a problem with my system. No problems now, and my new SSD rocks.

Both were/are windows 7 systems.

verszipo

• Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2014, 12:19 PM »
I just installed a fresh windows 7 and copied over the portable version I was running on my old system, works just fine now.

Must have just been a problem with my system. No problems now, and my new SSD rocks.

Both were/are windows 7 systems.

Glad you managed to get it running. I for one usually reinstall the system at least once every 6 months (usually sooner) exactly because of this "phantom" problems, it takes more time to find a solution than to reinstall the entire system (specially if you use SSD for the system drive) :D