topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:00 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]  (Read 3671500 times)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]
« Reply #5375 on: August 17, 2017, 08:45 AM »
"Too good not to share" (hat tip Samizdata.com):
think-different-apple-vs-google-001 [fascism].jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

think-different-apple-vs-google-002 [fascism].jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

Says it all. Absolutely brilliant art work by Sabo.

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5376 on: August 23, 2017, 11:52 AM »
Can you get claws-strophobia from eating bear claws?

Claustrophobia - The fear of Santa Claus

Correct  toilet paper.jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

Settled

124-year-old patent solves the 'over versus under' toilet paper roll debate

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5377 on: August 23, 2017, 07:05 PM »
Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions.jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions

Android Oreo is here. I wonder what they will call Android Z? Zucchini bread?

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 11:43 PM by Arizona Hot »

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5378 on: August 29, 2017, 06:44 PM »
The FastCompany website usually seems to be depressingly lacking in objectivity or investigative journalism (heavy on US political bias which I have not the slightest interest in), but I keep it in my feed-reader because it very occasionally dares to break out of it's predictably "safe" politically-correct narrative to touch a potentially raw nerve, as with this amusingly satirical video by Dissolve:
(Copied below sans embedded hyperlinks/images.)
This Generic Millennial Ad Is Everything Wrong With Advertising To Young People
What: Stock video firm Dissolve uses its stock footage to create a spoof of all the insufferable pandering brands do to get millennials to like them.
Who: Dissolve
Why we care: It’s all here. The party shots. The specialness. The dancing. The 100% plastic product they made 10% smaller that one time. This is the young people version of Dissolve’s amazing Generic Brand Video from 2014. You’ve seen them everywhere already, but seeing every cliche compiled together like this just makes it that much worse. #BoldLikeThat. - JB
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 07:00 PM by IainB »

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5379 on: August 31, 2017, 05:23 PM »
Clipboard01.jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]   Pilot Entry Level Resume.jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]   20+ Funny Cartoons By Illustrator John Atkinson .jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

Hilarious Cartoon Joke – LMAO!

Pilot Entry Level Resume

20+ Funny Cartoons By Illustrator John Atkinson
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 06:07 PM by Arizona Hot »

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5380 on: September 03, 2017, 09:50 AM »
They may have blown an amount of money equivalent to some small countries' GDP on their generously taxpayer-funded failed IT systems, but that apparently hasn't curbed the BBC's efforts to press forward with the use of IT to spread light into the "less enlightened" parts of the world...
(Copied below sans embedded hyperlinks/images.)
BBC UNVEILS SITE IN PIDGIN ENGLISH
In order to increase its market reach across the lush and prosperous plains and jungles of West and Central Africa, the British Broadcasting Company has launched a website in Pidgin English.

Pidgin English is said to be spoken by 75 million people in Nigeria alone. According to the unpronounceable Bilkisu Labaran, editorial director of the new site, Pidgin English is “an informal lingua franca. It is a language that really unites people and cuts across all sorts of barriers—ethnic, regional and socio-economic.”

The new site’s headlines feature Pidgin droppings such as “Indian woman divorce husband because dem get no toilet,” “Why dem dey call Hurricane human being name,” “How Tanzania dey kill mosquito,” and our personal favorite, “Why China dey chop African Donkey.”

Dem gon be real smart now.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:57 AM by IainB »

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The F4U Corsair Ceiling Fan Caper
« Reply #5381 on: September 03, 2017, 07:26 PM »
(I was feeling bored, so I thought I would whip up a 'quickie'; please x-cuse the length):  :D
We had gone with 'Fred' (all ficticious names) to look at an F4U Corsair -you know; the legendary World War Two fighter plane- he had bought that supposedly needed 'a little work', and towed it home backwards behind his pickup, detouring down a labyrinth of back roads to his suburban home with a red flag on the big four-bladed, thirteen-foot two-inch propeller's hub with the navy blue wings folded up and out of the way. Later that same day, he gave us the bad news over the phone; the Pratt & Whitney 2800 'Double Wasp' 18-cylinder air cooled 2,000 horsepower engine was badly in need of an overhaul and exceeded by far the wear and tear its total hours on the hour meter and fancy price tag should have indicated.
Next day, while he drove back alone to argue with the seller, we rounded up the few still-active members of the old crew, and told them the whole sad tale. Turns out, one of them knew of a 'low hours' Double Wasp that had been salvaged from a Corsair that some luckless barn-stormer had flipped on landing in a cow pasture and cartwheeled, resulting in a totally wrecked and unsalvable airframe and a good engine that was a 'Don't want'er'. We all pooled our spare change, and the spare Double Wasp was obtained for a song and dance and handed over, and as we trucked it to Freddie's home and private airfield with a hanger in the back, the gang was asked to keep it on the mum to surprise Fred.
Meanwhile, Fred called long distance to moan and groan that he'd had no luck being reimbursed by the seller for the swindle, and he was headed back and would be home later that afternoon.
Fred had one of those fancy 'aircraft propeller' ceiling fans in the den that opened out onto the cement patio, hanger, and mown grass strip, and the gang decided to play a leetle trick on ol' Freddy boy. We got the house roof opened up and had replaced the piddling ceiling fan motor with the Pratt & Whitney, and bolted it all down to the joists up there in the attic crawl space. Fred's wife was away for the week visiting her sick younger sister, so we were able to pull it off -literally- without a hitch.
We were just getting everything put back together, just in time to wave sympathetically to our dearie Freddie boy as he arrived in a foul mood.
"Join me for a beer?" Fred groused unhappily to us, as he dragged several six packs out of the back of his truck.
"Sure," we all nodded, trying real hard not to crack smiles. Actually, it pained every one of us royally, to see the state he was in. Why, he hadn't even noticed -or bothered to ask- what the whole crew was doing there at the house! That was bad; real bad.
"Well, come on in, boys," Fred said, leading the way through the back sliding door. "We'll be along in just a minute," someone said; "so why don't you kick your shoes off and get settled in. And, oh by the way, could you give the ceiling fan cord a tug and see what's the matter with it? It doesn't seem to sound like its old self, somehow."
"What? Well, criminy!" Fred groaned, looking up at the original fan blades and not noticing the shining Pratt & Whitney engine hub. "Seems like there ain't nothing been working right lately!"
Everyone held back and listened, until we'd heard the shoes tumble to the floor, followed by the unmistakable sound of the ceiling fan cord being pulled.
"Surprise!" we all called out, as the engine caught, and all 2,000 horsepower of the mighty Double Wasp erupted in a full throttle roar.
The sliding tempered glass door shattered into a million bits as the side table lamp got sucked up and pieces of it thrown in every direction. This was followed by the paintings of galloping wild mustangs getting sucked off the walls and following the table lamp in bits and pieces. Fred stared up at the roaring ceiling fan, and dived off the couch just in time to dig his fingers into the deep pile shag carpeting and hang on for dear life as the couch rose up into the whirling blades and met the same fate as the pictures.
By this time, all the rest of the furniture in the room had followed suit, and our grins had turned to awe.
Someone shouted, "I thought you set the throttle to idle!" as someone else replied, "I thought YOU did!"
Then the roof took off straight up into the air and hooking over like the space shuttle doing a 'roll maneuver' on liftoff, did a three-and-a-half gainer, and narrowly missed Dorothy and Toto flying past, and the Wicked Witch of the West riding on her broomstick, and I watched the roof come sailing back down straight onto the house, as I heard Fred shouting, "It ain't funny, you guys!"
Then I woke up on the couch and Fred was staring out of the sliding glass doors at the shining Double Wasp mounted on the engine stand in the cement patio. "You could'a told me in advance," Fred stammered, looking happier than I'd ever seen him and trying to act angry at the same time and failing miserably at it. "Saved me a long haul talking to that chisler, and all for nothing, would have, when you had this beaut in your back pocket and all. And-- and gee, thanks a lot, guys." He tried to hold back tears. Big boys don't cry, unless it's an F4U Corsair.
"Don't mention it," someone said happily. Then, looking over at me, "Hey, Jack, you alright? You look a bit green around the gills there, somehow."
But all I could do was lay there on that magnificent old sofa and stare up past the galloping wild mustangs in the gilt frame on the wall, at the imitation aircraft propeller ceiling fan.
"Now Jack," the other said, "I see that evil glint in your eyes, and you better not be thinkin', what I THINK you're thinkin'."
"Naw," I replied. Then I let a long, slow grin spread across my five o'clock shadow. "Jist don't go giving me any funny ideas, is all I got to say."
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 07:39 PM by holt »

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5382 on: September 05, 2017, 07:34 AM »
After reading her book "The Female Eunuch" (pub. 1971) some years back, I grew to admire the formidable rationality and rapier-like wit of the Australian feminist and academic Germain Greer.
I was reminded of that wit when I came across this bit of old news today (from a Telegraph.co.uk article in October, 2015):
Germaine Greer - a leading feminist who has been a source of inspiration for more than 45 years - has defended her claims that transgender women "can’t be women", saying "just because you lop off your penis...it doesn't make you a woman".

"Her comments are grossly offensive, quite ludicrous and very, very out of date,"
Rebecca Root, transgender actor

The Australian born academic, 76, was due to give a talk at Cardiff University next month but cancelled of her own accord after a number of activists protested against her repeated derogatory comments about trans women and branded her a ‘misogynist’ [go figure].

Ms Greer, the author of The Female Eunuch, a classic on women’s sexuality, also generated controversy when she claimed transgender TV star Caitlyn Jenner was attempting to steal the limelight from other female members of her family.

And she caused further backlash on social media when she told Newsnight, on Friday: “I’m not saying that people should not be allowed to go through that procedure, all I’m saying is that it doesn’t make them a woman.”

...“Just because you lop off your penis and then wear a dress doesn't make you a ******* woman," Ms Greer said in a statement given to the Victoria Derbyshire show. "I’ve asked my doctor to give me long ears and liver spots and I’m going to wear a brown coat but that won’t turn me into a ******* cocker spaniel."
...“I do understand that some people are born intersex and they deserve support in coming to terms with their gender but it’s not the same thing. A man who gets his d**k chopped off is actually inflicting an extraordinary act of violence on himself.
Copied from: Germaine Greer in transgender rant: 'Just because you lop off your penis...it doesn't make you a woman' - Telegraph - <http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11955891/Germaine-Greer-in-transgender-rant-Just-because-you-lop-off-your-penis...it-doesnt-make-you-a-woman.html>

Her witty remarks might seem LOL funny, but I presume her rational approach could have been spot-on, as usual - which might be what annoyed her critics so much.
Just as she suggested years back that Freud had effectively castrated women, she saw "transgender" men now openly culturally appropriating womanhood, by dressing up like women and castrating themselves, and she was apparently having none of it, since that, of itself doesn't earn men the "right" to pretend or make like they are women, or make like that they have anything in common with women, having never experienced first-hand what it's like to grow up and develop as a woman - i.e., it is cultural sophistry to invent such a biological/genetic impossibility.

Ah well, must dash. I'm off to by some new panties and nylon stockings before the sexy lingerie shop closes for the day...    :o
After I've done that, I'm going to identify with an attack helicopter... :huh:

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5383 on: September 05, 2017, 01:11 PM »
Just as she suggested years back that Freud had effectively castrated women, she saw "transgender" men now openly culturally appropriating womanhood, by dressing up like women and castrating themselves, and she was apparently having none of it, since that, of itself doesn't earn men the "right" to pretend or make like they are women, or make like that they have anything in common with women, having never experienced first-hand what it's like to grow up and develop as a woman - i.e., it is cultural sophistry to invent such a biological/genetic impossibility.

Hm... So...kind of like the difference between playing a doctor on TV, and actually going through medical school to become a doctor. Yeah, I'm good with that.

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5384 on: September 06, 2017, 12:50 PM »
Did Spock ever use a spork?

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5385 on: September 06, 2017, 08:40 PM »
Hm... So...kind of like the difference between playing a doctor on TV, and actually going through medical school to become a doctor. Yeah, I'm good with that.
Well, yes, that's a reasonable analogy, I suppose. The point Greer seems to have been making though - and quite effectively and with satirical humour - is that it's obviously one thing to fantasize/imagine that one is of the opposite biological gender to that which one was genetically assigned in utero, or that one is of some imaginary (nonexistent) gender or attack helicopter, when the biological and genetic reality of a two-gender state is staring one in the face, as it were, but it is quite another thing - absurd and physically impossible - to have a valid real-life experience as one of the opposite gender.
She illustrates that, despite that impossibility, violent self-harm - e.g., self-castration - is sometimes used as an infantile attempt to somehow make the imagined thing a reality - "make it so" - in a way that could reflect self-hate and which is perhaps an unconsciously ironic echo of:
“And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee..."
 - Matthew 18:9 (KJV)

The politically correct label invented for the NOT-OK act (i.e., deemed to be a "socio-cultural crime", or something) of affecting the cultural aspects of people of another culture is "cultural appropriation" - regardless of how much one imagines oneself to be, or identifies oneself with, or how strongly one feels, that one actually is (say) an indigenous Sioux American-Indian, when one is in fact (say) a Caucasian American cowboy, or something.

Similarly, the politically correct term invented for the OK act (i.e., deemed to be "socio-culturally acceptable") of affecting the characteristics of the opposite gender is "gender identification". If you took Greer's point though, then it would probably be more accurate to call it "gender appropriation" by men, but that seems to be somehow a less-worse thing than "cultural appropriation". Thus it seems more politically correct or acceptable for a man to "appropriate" something from the female gender than it is for him to "appropriate" something from another (minority) culture. This could arguably seem to be inconsistent.
Greer seems to refute the idea anyway that men can do that (feminine gender appropriation) and she indicates that it is an absurdity to suppose that they can, and I suspect that she, being a woman and a feminist, probably knows whereof she speaks and may well have a valid point. She certainly makes the point in a satirically amusing way.

But it seems to be only amongst cultural Marxists in secular Western cultures that "gender rights" and the rights of non-heterosexuals is an issue anyway. The historical dogma of orthodox Christian sects across Europe was probably at root the cause of that, as it customarily generally proscribes homosexuality, but the majority of modern practicing Christians seem to have "moved on" from that and turn a blind eye to that bit of now-redundant dogma anyway. However, the reality is markedly different for non-heterosexuals in other cultures. For example, in Islamic (non-secular) cultures, homosexuality is a blasphemy under Sharia law and generally punishable by hanging or being thrown off a cliff, or a high building, or something, whereas in some parts of South East Asia (e.g., Thailand) non-heterosexual behaviour is regarded as being perfectly OK/normal.

In discussions with a very dear friend of mine, who is a Thai "lady-boy" (a sort of trans-gender cross-dresser and homosexual) who identifies with being a female, it is clear that he/she is much happier and more content when he/she is "being a woman" and being treated as a woman, no matter how laughable that may seem to a Western observer. But in Thailand, lady-boys (the Thai word for this sounds like "catteuil") and lesbians (the Thai word for this sounds like "thom", apparently shortened from the English "tomboy") have been accepted members of society since the year dot, since nothing in their society proscribes homosexuality or non-heterosexual behaviour. One can often see, in groups of children in Thai primary schools, that some of the boys are already catteuil, and they have been born that way, and they are cherished just the same as any other child and treated no differently in society as they grow up. But my Thai friend (whose preferred name is Khun Rose) is happy in his own skin and would be the first to agree that a catteuil cannot be a woman (except as an imperfect mimic), because of the genetics of human biology.
Note:
  • "genetics" comes from "genesis", meaning "the origin or mode of formation of something.
    – ORIGIN OE, via L. from Gk, ‘generation, creation’, from the base of gignesthai ‘be born or produced’.
  • "Genesis" being the first book of the Bible, which includes the story of the creation of the world.
  • – Concise Oxford Dictionary (10th Ed.)

A long time back, Khun Rose sent me the "awkward moment" photo below (that's not him/her in the photo), because he/she thought it was very droll. (Knowing the catteuil sense of humour, I feel quite sure the "slip" in the photo would have been deliberately posed and entirely intentional as opposed to accidental.)

Lady-boy Priceless.jpg
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:52 PM by IainB »

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5387 on: September 11, 2017, 10:55 PM »
Is There a Children's Toy Called 'My First Vape'.jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

Is There a Children's Toy Called 'My First Vape'?

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5388 on: September 15, 2017, 09:36 AM »
SF fans might find this amusing: Wikihistory

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5389 on: September 15, 2017, 09:42 AM »
Thanks for sharing, that was a fun read.  :up:

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5390 on: September 15, 2017, 03:50 PM »
Wikihistory copyright © 2007 Desmond Warzel

I think it should have a copyright date of 2107 to make it more credible.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5391 on: September 16, 2017, 02:45 AM »
Wikihistory copyright © 2007 Desmond Warzel
I think it should have a copyright date of 2107 to make it more credible.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5392 on: September 17, 2017, 08:10 AM »
Satirical spoof of Forest Gump:

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5393 on: September 20, 2017, 03:17 PM »
Clipboard01.jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]   Clipboard02.jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]   Clipboard03.jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

Hilarious road signs from around the world

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5394 on: September 20, 2017, 03:39 PM »
LifeLock has been running to center on the Equifax breach, with ads and press statements saying how the breach shows how important its own services cost: up to $29.99 a month can be to preserve you from identity theft.

Here’s what LifeLock isn’t spreading so widely: When you buy its security, you’re signing up for credit recording and monitoring services provided by, yes, Equifax.

...You just can't make this stuff up: Full Article here

Maybe it's just my rather dark sense of humor, but I just couldn't stop laughing after I read that. The unmitigated gall of corporations these days is just flat-out mind blowing.

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5395 on: September 20, 2017, 06:36 PM »
Lego GTA - not sure if this is for the gamers, short vids, or silly humour (you decide)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5396 on: September 25, 2017, 08:25 AM »
I gather that the electro-magnetic rail gun in the (salesy) video below may be 2010/2011 technology, but it seems pretty impressive. What I also found impressive was the military guy who is speaking so enthusiastically about 6 seconds after the video's start, whose name is given by the narrator as - "Rear-Admiral Matthew Klunder" (or something).
I reckon Klunder might be a fictional character, played by an actor, whose mannerisms (facial expressions, mouth, speech, snappy enthusiasm) are based on the character Louis Tully in the Ghostbusters movie. If he's not an actor, then I may have discovered the real-life character that Luis Tully was based on.
Louis Tully is the accountant who lived down the hall from Dana Barrett, in an apartment building on Central Park West. He becomes possessed by the evil spirit of Vinz Clortho (The Keymaster), after Vinz and Zuul (The Gatekeeper) had escaped from their statues and began searching for host bodies.
 - Louis Tully | Ghostbusters Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 09:14 AM by IainB »

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5397 on: September 27, 2017, 11:55 AM »
9 Month download.jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content] Social Media Eye Chart.jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content] Thesaurus.jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content] What is a thesaurus's favorite food.jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

9 Month download
Social Media Eye Chart
Thesaurus
What is a thesaurus's favorite food?

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5398 on: October 01, 2017, 11:52 PM »
Clipboard01.jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

Evidence for a flat Earth?

Clipboard04.jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

A very handy guy.

Panoramic photos that went horribly wrong with hilarious results

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5399 on: October 04, 2017, 04:48 AM »
My son (recently turned 7 y/o) discovered the ROBLOX game website about a year ago and loves it. He watches YouTube videos about the ROBLOX gameplay, to get tips & tricks for playing the games and also for hacking/cheating them.
Quite a few websites have these videos, but he prefers the Denis channel.

He today was watching and laughing at one of Denis' videos about a Landfall.se game site, where Denis was playing the simulation TRUMP vs HILLARY in the Totally Accurate Battle Simulator. It was rather droll - see @3:27 minutes:
(Trump looks undefeatable as he is armed with 2 x M16s, but Hillary throws emails - and she always wins!)

So now my 7 y/o son is hooked on this battle simulator - it seems like it's quite a lot of fun.