topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:08 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)  (Read 687930 times)

Hezzu

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)
« Reply #300 on: March 17, 2009, 08:37 AM »
I'm not sure how how I can make it any more convenient.  I mean, you can set up a local and/or global hotkeys for the search window to pop it up, type a quick search, select a track and play it (all without seeing the main Trout window).  What did you have in mind?

I mean I would like to have a search that doesn't freeze my computer whenever I use it :D

Currently the trout main window takes over 2 minutes to start (but That is OK)

But whenever I use search it takes 20 - 32 seconds just to start typing something in

I have exactly 46372 songs

Can the search be done any other way?

Like without loading all the songs in to the list and then start typing

maybe type first then search?

P.S. This is not an insult just an suggestion / maybe a challenge for you :D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 08:52 AM by Hezzu »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #301 on: March 17, 2009, 11:42 PM »
Bug Report: Toaster does not display ampersand. I'm guessing this means there are other special characters the toaster doesn't display.

I have a track titled "Horse & Carrot" which displays as "Horse _Carrot" in the toaster, but seems to display correctly everywhere else.

Hezzu

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #302 on: March 18, 2009, 01:30 AM »
Bug Report: Double clicking the album art opens the album art twice

Single clicking doesnt open it

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #303 on: March 18, 2009, 02:24 AM »
Bug Report: Toaster does not display ampersand. I'm guessing this means there are other special characters the toaster doesn't display.

I have a track titled "Horse & Carrot" which displays as "Horse _Carrot" in the toaster, but seems to display correctly everywhere else.
Bug Report: Double clicking the album art opens the album art twice

Single clicking doesnt open it

Thanks for the reports.  These will be fixed in the next build.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #304 on: March 18, 2009, 04:19 AM »
v1.0.2 build 245
    ! "Do not show toaster popup while main window is active" wasn't saving properly.
      [Thanks, Deozaan]
    ! Ampersands were not displaying properly in the Toaster popup.  [Thanks, Deozaan]
    ! Double-clicking the album art launched it twice.  [Thanks, Hezzu]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 01:30 PM by skwire »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #305 on: March 19, 2009, 04:15 AM »
Thanks skwire for the awesome program!

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #306 on: March 19, 2009, 05:30 AM »
Thanks skwire for the awesome program!
You're most welcome.  =]

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #307 on: March 20, 2009, 04:03 AM »
How about an option to autopause after x min of user idle time? Useful in case you fall asleep. (inspired by this)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #308 on: March 20, 2009, 04:16 AM »
How about an option to autopause after x min of user idle time? Useful in case you fall asleep. (inspired by this)
Hahaha...funny you mention this.  Mouser and I had a discussion about this some time back.  Snore Detector.   :P  It seems that Trout is sort of becoming tuned nicely for audio book listening.   :D  Anyway, such a feature wouldn't be too hard to add; I'd think that I'd only need to check for this while a track is currently playing.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #309 on: March 20, 2009, 04:24 AM »
I am not into audiobooks, but I am into listening to music while falling asleep. I just don't want it playing the entire time I am sleeping.

I used to use Pandora for this, because it would automatically shut off after awhile, but my connection has been so flaky lately that it shuts off because I get disconnected. Too unpredictable, and can't depend on it to stay connected till I get to the other side of the room, nevermind till I fall asleep.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #310 on: March 20, 2009, 10:04 AM »
Mouser and I had a discussion about this some time back.  Snore Detector.   :P  It seems that Trout is sort of becoming tuned nicely for audio book listening.

Surely it's time for you to build in a myoclonic switch  ;)
Employ a jerk to mark your place!
A hypnic or hypnagogic jerk is an involuntary myoclonic twitch which occurs during hypnagogia, just as the subject is beginning to fall asleep.

SoggyDog

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #311 on: March 20, 2009, 11:13 AM »
@app103

I lost a lot of love for Pandora in recent history as well;
Songs would just stop in the middle and go to the next song, or would just stop entirely.

Wasn't real happy when ?cmd=mini went away either;
Now I have to go to the "big" page, then load the "mini" because they added some unique identifier for each session.

Anyway, I've been using Trout 95-plus-percent of the time now, but would likely not have thought of this myself,
but now that you mention it, I too crash with tunes (but I don't hear my alarm if the tunes are still playing in the morning).

@skwire

If you're entertaining this idea, also consider the flip side... A wake-up alarm could be a nice feature as well.
You could set a time, playlist/song/folder, and a wake-up volume that might be different than "normal" listening volume;
Volume settings might even include a gradual rise as not to startle you awake.
SoggyDog
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 11:19 AM by SoggyDog »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #312 on: March 21, 2009, 08:00 PM »
! Ampersands were not displaying properly in the Toaster popup.  [Thanks, Deozaan]

I found another ampersand problem. It won't show up in the tray icon's tooltip.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #313 on: March 21, 2009, 08:30 PM »

Seems to work here using my special ampersand test mp3 from last time.   :D  Can anybody else confirm what Deo is seeing?

Trout_Ampersand_01.pngNANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #314 on: March 21, 2009, 08:40 PM »
Can anybody else confirm what Deo is seeing?

I can. :-D

Trout TrayIcon Tooltip Bug.jpgNANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

EDIT: I realized that I was running an older build and I just upgraded to v1.0.2.249 but I'm still seeing the same thing.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 11:01 PM by Deozaan »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #315 on: March 22, 2009, 06:31 AM »
I can. :-D

well I have the same behaviour here as in Deo's screenshot
Tom

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #316 on: March 25, 2009, 04:48 AM »
@skwire
If you're entertaining this idea, also consider the flip side... A wake-up alarm could be a nice feature as well.
You could set a time, playlist/song/folder, and a wake-up volume that might be different than "normal" listening volume;
Volume settings might even include a gradual rise as not to startle you awake.
Added to the ToDo.

I'm not sure why it displays correctly on my system and not yours but it may have something to do with the fact that my computers are set up with Japanese as the default language.  Unfortunately, I don't believe there is any sort of SS_NOPREFIX for tooltips like there is for text controls.  The SS_NOPREFIX setting is what allows a text control to not interpret the ampersand as an underliner for the immediately following character.  I could probably fix it by doubling-up ampersands in the tooltip strings but that would, most likely, break it for me (and other's systems that currently display it properly).  In other words, this may have to be left as a cosmetic bug.  I'll keep it in my bug tracker, though, in hopes that I come across a universal fix.

Latest build:

v1.0.2 build 251
    + Added an option to autopause after "x" minutes of user idle time.  [Thanks, app103]
    + Added a delete hotkey button to the hotkey options dialog.  [Thanks, drugwash]
    + Added an option to allow single or double-clicking the tray icon to bring the main
      window to the front.  Tools, Optoins, General, System tray section.  [Thanks, brotherS]

Controller

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #317 on: March 25, 2009, 03:24 PM »

I'm not sure why it displays correctly on my system and not yours but it may have something to do with the fact that my computers are set up with Japanese as the default language.  Unfortunately, I don't believe there is any sort of SS_NOPREFIX for tooltips like there is for text controls.  The SS_NOPREFIX setting is what allows a text control to not interpret the ampersand as an underliner for the immediately following character.  I could probably fix it by doubling-up ampersands in the tooltip strings but that would, most likely, break it for me (and other's systems that currently display it properly).  In other words, this may have to be left as a cosmetic bug.  I'll keep it in my bug tracker, though, in hopes that I come across a universal fix.

For standart tooltips TTS_NOPREFIX would work, but there is no such option for the systray icon (tooltip), so ampersands wont show there (tested on Windows 95 shell and Windows XP)... the underlining is ment for keyboard accelerators, so I'm not sure why needed for systray icon tooltips :)

SoggyDog

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #318 on: March 26, 2009, 05:56 PM »
Also posted on the AHK forums, based on a similar but unrelated request by Drugwash, a possible new feature might be cross-fading between tracks.  Just a suggestion for my new favorite audio player.

Thanks for everything skwire.  I greatly appreciate that you not only consider all the suggestions given to you in the forums, but you actually make many, many, many of those suggestions come to fruition.

You, sir, are a rock star!
SoggyDog

apfel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #319 on: March 28, 2009, 06:47 PM »
Got this error with the latest version.
---------------------------
trout.exe
Error: The following variable name contains an illegal character:
"LastFM_FAILED Invalid/Missing Parameter(s)"

The current thread will exit.

Line#
--->   5468: Last_FM_Auth_Check_Message := %LastFM_tmp%

OK   

Just started and enabled Internet Access->Enabled Last.FM checkbox->clicked on username field.
Not a serious "bug"...

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #320 on: March 29, 2009, 06:10 PM »
Apologies for the lack of replies over the past few days; I've been playing in a hockey tournament all weekend. Five games in three days...woohoo.

Also posted on the AHK forums, based on a similar but unrelated request by Drugwash, a possible new feature might be cross-fading between tracks.  Just a suggestion for my new favorite audio player.

Added to my list.  Thanks.

Thanks for everything skwire.  I greatly appreciate that you not only consider all the suggestions given to you in the forums, but you actually make many, many, many of those suggestions come to fruition.  You, sir, are a rock star!

You're welcome.  This has been a fun project.

Just started and enabled Internet Access->Enabled Last.FM checkbox->clicked on username field.
Not a serious "bug"...

I'll look into this.  Thanks for the report.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #321 on: March 30, 2009, 01:03 AM »
Feature Request: Is there any way to have a kind of secondary and tertiary sorting of the playlist, so it can sort the playlist by (for example) the artist, album, track number in that order?

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #322 on: April 02, 2009, 01:19 AM »
Feature Request: Is there any way to have a kind of secondary and tertiary sorting of the playlist, so it can sort the playlist by (for example) the artist, album, track number in that order?
I don't believe this is (easily) possible with the standard listview that AHK uses.  I get around this by using a well-structured directory layout for my music collection.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #323 on: April 06, 2009, 02:20 AM »
Is there a way to get Trout to save Playlist info after every track? It keeps going back to an old playlist even though every time I start it up (since March 28th) I open a different playlist.

Also, if my PC crashes or whatever, if Trout ends unexpectedly, then it might "rewind" the playlist several hours to where it was the last time it shut down.

So what I'd like is that on every track change, for Trout to save the current playlist and what location in the playlist it is currently playing.

Sorry this is so scattered. I've gotten distracted and come back to writing it several times over the past few hours.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #324 on: April 13, 2009, 11:33 AM »
The option to play a sound when the track changes is very useful.. and has led to me to wonder if it might be cool to have an option to use the MS speech api to actually announce the track #, or filename, or track title.  Could be cool -- and useful for those of us listening to audiobooks while going to sleep, or for visual impaired people.